DIY - Renewing your Faded HeadLights

jeffchan1901

Sep 22, 2006
Guys,.. Instead of using Brake fluid.. try using Autosol.. it was recomended by a friend and my dad tried on his Kembara (plastic) headlights and it works.. I havent tried yet (busy) but will soon enuf once my car becomes more blur..

Hope it helps..

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
ah okay...let me try and see how it goes... danz kalo apa2 jadi kat headlamp i claim sama u ah..hehehe,thanks for the info

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
You orang rajin laa....

Myself paid to renew my headlamps because I know my own workmanship not good. Nanti to save some money I end up causing bigger problems pulak...

Hehahehe

What the guy did was just use a rough polish and a machine polisher to wax the headlamps. About 15minutes per lamp and settled liao...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i just finished restoring my old projector sets in preparation to take out my current ones for retrofitting...

basically what i used is

1. grit 2000 sandpaper and lots of water
  2. toothpaste/water and scouring pad to remove the yellow oxidation layer n smooth out the sandpaper scrathces
  3. bought some el-cheapo plastic polish and buffed with it till it shines. now my headlamp even has the rainbow colour when reflecting in the sun hahahah(the buffer is just my old bosch drill with a modified circular buffer attachment...modified as in is not centred nicely so if i spin too fast will vibrate like hell...lucky i have 2 legs to hold on to the headlamp hahahah)
pictures i have but cant really see anything. will post it up when i get the datacable back from my gf

jeffchan1901

Sep 22, 2006
Wash the lamp first and dry with clean cloth. Thereafter use a dry cloth and apply Autosol sparingly on cloth and then onto the lamp in circular motion gently. Then wipe clean with dry cloth.

Autosol is cheaper per tube and not oily. Since brake fluid is also corrosive and autosol isnt that corrosive, I believe its a better option.