DIY paint engine cover

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
i own a mivec wit a black cover and rusty metal engine cover, now i planing to repaint myself, first question wat chemical solution that i need to use to wash the metal engine (writen "DOHC 16V" ) to blink blink metal. another question is the plastic cover writen "MIVEC" can i use common spray paint to spray the plastic cover i concern about the paint can tahan the engine heat or not ? and the mivec word can buy at acc shop right???

hope all DIY obi wan kenobi can help me

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
Bro, check in the Car modification site.. In bro Maverick thread...

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
You need high temp spray paint (800C). Can use them for brake calipers too. Can buy them from Ace hardware shop

CarroTT

Known Member
Nov 9, 2006
ACE hardware got sell engine paint spray.

I saw it before n planning to buy it, but then, the only thing tat was stopping me the only bright BLUE colour they offer. Its written there FORD BLUE.

Guess it wud look real chic on a shiny chromed Ford muscle V8 engine like we see in Overhaulin, . . . . .. but on a black n greasy mivec ?:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The most number of callers about Tufoil come from Subang Jaya. They say traffic jams are very bad for engines!!

One user in a small town was worried that his engine may crack by virtue of the "great power gain" he experienced for the first time.

A Lotus Elise downed in 4 bottles of Tufoil at one of those Merdeka Day races. Too bad, the participant did not win cos' the radiator leaked midway.

J.W. Lessing in " Become a Successful Truck Operator " a Business Guide quoted the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience