DIY NOS

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
why dont just diy 12v motor with fan? press the on switch and suck/compress/blow more air to your air filter/box..i think this is safer....

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
why dont just diy 12v motor with fan? press the on switch and suck/compress/blow more air to your air filter/box..i think this is safer....
i always have this idea but 1 drawback that is we cant control the speed of the fan in proportional to the engine rpm macam turbo. the higher u rev the more the fan spins. so u have to build a circuit that control the speed of the fan in proportional to the engine rpm. i not E&E guy so i stuck here.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
buy a cheap rpm meter, voltage controller and the set of fan and motor.

here is the idea..

you have to wired the motor the voltage controller and the rpm meter together.

when the rpm needle goes up, it will send more voltage to the motor (by using the voltage controller) this whole idea just involve mechanical setup..

a bit more explanation..think of a volume knob/controller. we turn the knob to turn the volume high is it? think if the turn of rpm needle function like the volume knob. maybe the voltage controller need to install somewhere at the rpm needle itself (maybe open the meter and connect the rpm meter motor directly to the voltage controller?)

ive done this project before but just without the rpm meter and the voltage controller. just on off switch on my dashboard..the fan motor maybe can get from 12v cigarette lighter car vacuum cleaner selling RM30 at the market...

performance gain? dont try compare with turbo..hehehe..

Last edited:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
buy a cheap rpm meter, voltage controller and the set of fan and motor.

here is the idea..

you have to wired the motor the voltage controller and the rpm meter together.

when the rpm needle goes up, it will send more voltage to the motor (by using the voltage controller) this whole idea just involve mechanical setup..

a bit more explanation..think of a volume knob/controller. we turn the knob to turn the volume high is it? think if the turn of rpm needle function like the volume knob. maybe the voltage controller need to install somewhere at the rpm needle itself (maybe open the meter and connect the rpm meter motor directly to the voltage controller?)

ive done this project before but just without the rpm meter and the voltage controller. just on off switch on my dashboard..the fan motor maybe can get from 12v cigarette lighter car vacuum cleaner selling RM30 at the market...

performance gain? dont try compare with turbo..hehehe..
sounds cool but lazy to do it. haha.............. :sleep: :sleep:
then again once u press the button u wont feel like macam NOS kick in. so its kinda :thefinger: to me. i just wish i could buy a turbo car.

how much does those setup helps in ur car?

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
if you grade NOS as 100 point, i think my setup maybe can give 5 point only..hahaha..

johnkor

Known Member
Oct 8, 2008
i think ts is asking regarding Flame Thrower not the NOS system

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all absorber sifu. I have this WEIRD issue with mine. I drive a civic EJ8 (4 door) and i am using GAB HA (Hi/Low) adjustables which I bought from Kakimotor sunway.

My rear is set to 2 finger gap, between tire and fender. My issue is that, my left side (passenger side) is always slightly lower than my right. I tried increasing the height only on the left side, after putting the car back on the road, same thing. As of this moment, my left side, if u see the height from the absorber itself...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience