diy ignition coil booster

erictan30

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
hi to all sifus!have anyone tried to diy ignition coil booster?such example product like superspark, hks twin power. as i noe the ingredient is quite cheap less than 20bucks but sell at 1++ and inside is just 3 or 4capacitor and some resistor.seen a shop workers done before and selling over rm210.

and alot ppl said that it is effective because it will stabilise the ignition voltage.especially when air cond is turned on.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
but those capasitors are grade A capasitors
dun compare with those grade C capasitors in jalan pasar

btw, do u mean voltage stabiliser?

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
as for coil booster..here is mine..

i dun think that VS power increasement is the same as modifying ur coil..its a 2 different thing...way diff...

which part r u reffering to? izzit VS or coil??

erictan30

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
DarkAccoon:the component inside it is 3or4 capasitor with some resistor and the stuff have 3 wires 1 of it is tab from the ignition power(+) and another 1 is connect to the ignition coil and the last 1 is earth(-).it can be count as VS but not for the whole car electrical system but only for the ignition coil.

cipan_supercas:bro wat brand is your ignition coil and for what car one?how much you bought it?and what is the thing under your k&n sticker?mind telling me?

huh?

Known Member
Oct 18, 2005
its the cdi...thats the thingy that controls the voltage to the distributer so that your distributer will not be fried...

BluecluBBy

Known Member
Apr 3, 2006
Hi cipan
How much you pay for the CDI?
I'm building 1 myself for old mini..
also...what's your brand?

Last edited:

kenchoo

DIY ignition Booster. Sorry Manufacturer!! Regardless of brand their contain just almost the same.I saw one in Brother accessories it price more than RM200. Don't buy it ,Simple to diy and very cheap cost Less than RM20. But make sure you get the High Temperature Capacitor 105 C & with LOW ESR which can charge and discharge faster.

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Another plan of Spark booster I get from my E-book Ignition secret by Aaron Murakami. Use a HV 30kv 0.001uF ceramic capacitor or 0.001 micro-farads.This is very very small which exactly what you want for a peaking capacitor. The diagram the blue capacitor are place it in parallel with your spark for simple understanding, for DIY use stock Spark plug cable to insert the one side of the capacitor in the spark plug wire( needle or small pin were do a good job here to make the tiny hole to easy insert the capacitor connection) the other side solder with wire to the ground then insulated shrinkable cable insulation tube the wire well(my recommendation is also apply an epoxy coating on the capacitor & solder connection of the capacitor to prevent electric leakage from the spark plug cable). The end product were be something like the Hot spark performance wire which sell very expensive in the market. It can see clearly that with ground wire to the firewall of the car body or car engine as ground.
I saw your diagram in your blog. Very nice, will definitely try it. Do you have a working unit?

kenchoo

I got unit working on my:driver: car, my father MPV van, on Brother Benz320L , In Honda Civic which is my younger brother car & some in my friend car.I just a part time hobbyist and last time i sell the unit just to cover my cost of inventing. And I order the titanium & the Nickel Alloy from oversea min order needed so I have to order a lot.The feedback from my Europe customers are great there are about 20~35%fuel economy. Now no time to doing the kit & it simple to duplicate, They just buy some unit from you, then were go on manufacturing themselves. But You can actually feel the car acceleration different between with or without the HHO kit.You can read my blog on may 2010 the full specification on Drycell are showed It simple to duplicate You can DIY yourself.Try to get the 316LSS or you can also use 304SS which is much cheaper but it would not last longer as 316L. If you want the cooler you can get for the Air-con accessories shop it sell as condenser but not so suitable for install in car or you can get from car accessories there sell as oil cooler which also very expensive & aluminum base of oil cooler were erosion by KOH try to get the copper base it corrosive resistant from KOH. At the end of day for the spec. using in my car was custom made from the factory actually I order 50 pcs just to get one for my car. In term of the ignition booster it just the simple capacitor and some diode. If you do no want to DIY, just get the cheaper car VS in market then install in as the diagram direct to the ignition coil i show on previous post rather than install to the car battery. :biggrin:

Last edited:

kenchoo

Ignition booster by KML wire setup. Anyone interest can DIY it too.You can refer to the video i share for more understanding. And the idea also use by one big company. If not clear please double click the picture for large format.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I got unit working on my:driver: car, my father MPV van, on Brother Benz320L , In Honda Civic which is my younger brother car & some in my friend car.I just a part time hobbyist and last time i sell the unit just to cover my cost of inventing. And I order the titanium & the Nickel Alloy from oversea min order needed so I have to order a lot.The feedback from my Europe customers are great there are about 20~35%fuel economy. Now no time to doing the kit & it simple to duplicate, They just buy some unit from you, then were go on manufacturing themselves. But You can actually feel the car acceleration different between with or without the HHO kit.You can read my blog on may 2010 the full specification on Drycell are showed It simple to duplicate You can DIY yourself.Try to get the 316LSS or you can also use 304SS which is much cheaper but it would not last longer as 316L. If you want the cooler you can get for the Air-con accessories shop it sell as condenser but not so suitable for install in car or you can get from car accessories there sell as oil cooler which also very expensive & aluminum base of oil cooler were erosion by KOH try to get the copper base it corrosive resistant from KOH. At the end of day for the spec. using in my car was custom made from the factory actually I order 50 pcs just to get one for my car. In term of the ignition booster it just the simple capacitor and some diode. If you do no want to DIY, just get the cheaper car VS in market then install in as the diagram direct to the ignition coil i show on previous post rather than install to the car battery. :biggrin:
If using normal VS,how it should be connected to serve as a spark booster?

kenchoo

If using normal VS,how it should be connected to serve as a spark booster?
Refer to the above post with picture show the connection of diy ignition booster to the ignition coil.
Normal VSD should served the same they are all capacitor, nothing but just capacitor. But once much keep the VSD away from the heat, recommended insulate them with heat resistant material.

Nov 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
yo bro does this thing give any difference or any gain of power?????
Hi,about the HV capacitor ceramic dish 30KV 1000pf place it to car's cap it spark very good,(coil's car out put is 30.000 Volts)but then I place it to motorcycle's plug( motorcycle coil out put is 15.000 volts) it do not spark at all,please tell me what KV and pf that I must use to the motorcycle's coil.
best regards
Sevi

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

:driver:
Another plan of Spark booster I get from my E-book Ignition secret by Aaron Murakami. Use a HV 30kv 0.001uF ceramic capacitor or 0.001 micro-farads.This is very very small which exactly what you want for a peaking capacitor. The diagram the blue capacitor are place it in parallel with your spark for simple understanding, for DIY use stock Spark plug cable to insert the one side of the capacitor in the spark plug wire( needle or small pin were do a good job here to make the tiny hole to easy insert the capacitor connection) the other side solder with wire to the ground then insulated shrinkable cable insulation tube the wire well(my recommendation is also apply an epoxy coating on the capacitor & solder connection of the capacitor to prevent electric leakage from the spark plug cable). The end product were be something like the Hot spark performance wire which sell very expensive in the market. It can see clearly that with ground wire to the firewall of the car body or car engine as ground.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Ferrari Challenge Race was held over the weekend; and two series were being contested - the Trofeo Pirelli and Coppa Shell categories respectively. This was the first time the series was held in Malaysia, and it would be the fourth and penultimate round of the competition before the World Finals would be held in Mugello in November.

Naza Italia participated in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience