DIY a blow of valve sound

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

tarrant8877

500 RPM
Hi every sifu and taiko, anybody can teach me how to DIY a 'piss' sound (BOV sound) in a stock NA auto car??????? Or anywhere or anybody can do it? Is that possible to do that?
THX very much... ;) I m new to this....sori if anything i mension wrong...

First of all... be proud of what u drive.

You don't want ppl to say, "There goes another Ah Beng!".

thehehehh...rite bro...
but if u really insist to have one of those... try to search in the market..

i read an forum in option mag. actually it can be done.... but you need a BOV also... but you got to change the spring stiffness to be softer so it can trigger without so much of pressure.... the detail i donno how to build lah.... just share this out.... maybe other ppl can help...

Originally posted by tykoh@Nov 22 2004, 19:18
i read an forum in option mag. actually it can be done.... but you need a BOV also... but you got to change the spring stiffness to be softer so it can trigger without so much of pressure.... the detail i donno how to build lah.... just share this out.... maybe other ppl can help...
wat does spring do wit BOV ? :huh: :blink:

last time.. our DIY king Johnson Lam got teach...

things needed:
1. car alarm siren
2. a small cheap car amp
3. key chain recorder

1st... bypass de circuit inside de siren and connect 2 wires directly to de speaker.. then for de "PISSHH" sound.. get use de key chain recorder to record de sound from our mouth(easier mah)
connect it to de amp and then to de speaker...

how to trigger it is a problem... i remembered Johnson said using some sort of pressure switch.. or u can trigger it manually lar.. hahaha

anyway.. happy trying! :)

the spring is something like the control... once the pressure reach the set limit it will realease the pressure loh....
correct me if i'm wrong.... mayne turbo car owner should know better than me....

some use the spring.. and some are with defrum..
spring are usually come with palstic body.. hurmmm... and it's not easy to buka the BOV and put it back..

RICE? :lol: :lol: :lol:

can what... auto with turbo.. The BOV will release the pressure everytime u lift ur feet from the acc pedal... theheheheheh... can do 2,3 time BOV sound somemore.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :P

Originally posted by sylver'sAD@Nov 24 2004, 14:24
can what... auto with turbo.. The BOV will release the pressure everytime u lift ur feet from the acc pedal... theheheheheh... can do 2,3 time BOV sound somemore.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :P
yea.. that's why i was puzzled when arrowhead said auto cannot have blow-off

Originally posted by tarrant8877@Nov 22 2004, 14:01
Hi every sifu and taiko, anybody can teach me how to DIY a 'piss' sound (BOV sound) in a stock NA auto car??????? Or anywhere or anybody can do it? Is that possible to do that?
THX very much... ;) I m new to this....sori if anything i mension wrong...
there is nothin wrong dude..

give it a try if you are keen ;)
heres a writeup by johnsonlam
which he tried and is succesfull...

PART #1 : Preparing the Speaker
- Get an Old Alarm Siren
- Open it up.
- You will see an alarm module connected to the Speakers
- Re-wire it to connect the wires directly to the speakers, by pass the alarm module.
- DONE for part #1

PART #2 : Voice Module.
- DIY it from a Voice Recorder KeyChain (RM 20 can get from Gift shop/novelty shop)
- Open the unit up.
- Locate the Mini Speaker wires.
- Tap the +ve and -VE signal cables from the unit.
- Extend the wires to prepare for PART #3

Part #3 : Amplifier.
- Get a cheap. 50Watt amplifier will do (RM 39.00 from Brothers)
- Wire the Input from the Voice Module wires. (Part#2)
- Wire the output to the Speaker Module (Part#1)
- TEST... Record : HELLO... You should here a LOUD HELLO when you press PLAY.
- DONE

Part #4 : (Subjective to your MOD here.)
- Hook the system up in your car.
- RECORD a new Blow Off Sound.. (I just PISSSTT in to the recorder)
- When shift gear.. Press PLAY... (PSSST)

OR

Wire the PLAY button to a Vacuum sensor.. It will PSSST automaticaly when you let go the throttle

Originally posted by khguan@Nov 22 2004, 22:30
last time.. our DIY king Johnson Lam got teach...

things needed:
1. car alarm siren
2. a small cheap car amp
3. key chain recorder

1st... bypass de circuit inside de siren and connect 2 wires directly to de speaker.. then for de "PISSHH" sound.. get use de key chain recorder to record de sound from our mouth(easier mah)
connect it to de amp and then to de speaker...

how to trigger it is a problem... i remembered Johnson said using some sort of pressure switch.. or u can trigger it manually lar.. hahaha

anyway.. happy trying! :)
khguan, thx for ur infirmation also!

Top Bottom