Diffrent manual gear box ?

D_clothes

500 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Hello guys i need some advice on manual transmission gear box .

hope you all can input some information for me ..

Is there any diffrent in a manual gear box for a SOHC and a DOHC (B16A)
other that it has a LSD version n non-LSD version .. i am saying both with non-LSD version
comparing . What is the diffrent and setback ?

D_clothes

500 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
i know there is no SOHC B16A .. i am asking what is the diffrence ?
both also is manual gear box .... but what is the diffrent ? from what i know it can fit just it won't bring out the full pontential of your engine . but i just want to know what is the diffrence ? a SOHC and a DOHC comparing ....

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
r u trying to compare tranny on sohc manual and dohc manual?
the different between both tranny i'm not really sure especially for sohc one.
but for dohc, some of it got LSD/hellical LSD, FD is 4.4/4.785.
sohc manual gbox definitely dun have oem lsd n not sure wether b-series lsd can fit into it or not...
one more, all parts inside B-series g/box r interchangeable with another b-series gbox...

rizzo8

Oct 21, 2005
hattech-v said:
r u trying to compare tranny on sohc manual and dohc manual?
the different between both tranny i'm not really sure especially for sohc one.
but for dohc, some of it got LSD/hellical LSD, FD is 4.4/4.785.
sohc manual gbox definitely dun have oem lsd n not sure wether b-series lsd can fit into it or not...
one more, all parts inside B-series g/box r interchangeable with another b-series gbox...
In fact, the JDM EG civic has a D15B7 engine (sohc vtec) variant with LSD gearbox. Thats what I used to have before changing to B18C.

D_clothes

500 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
I wanted to know what is the diffrence between the a SoHC gear box and DoHC gear box ...comparing both with the non-LSD version .
and why they are not interchangable ..? R they the same or not ? i tried to search on the internet but cannot find ... can anyone advice me or point me a road ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Remember how Lexus went all Ferrari-esque and announced that the LFA wouldn’t be available for sale in the first two years but would instead be leased to owners on the pretext of preventing speculators from cashing in on the supercar by reselling it immediately and pocketing a handsome profit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience