Del-Sol 1993, Opinions needed

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
Hi,

just need some feedback from 93' Del Sol owners or general opinions from other Honda car owners on the car...
problems, parts, etc etc..

any help is much appreciated as i'm looking to purchase one real soon. thanks!

goddfadda

Known Member
Dec 14, 2003
I have 2 friends with del sol's... if you need anyhelp.. just ask... it was the car that i always wanted at my age but could not afford one...

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
iv heard that parts are hard to find...especially body parts...not sure if the running gear is any easier to find but since they share the same chassis as the EG who knows?

imho the del sol is a girl's car :D :P

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
1 of buddies owns 1.... a great car but petrolhead sez is true.... parts is hard to come by esp. wif the transtop version.... that 1 ah? as the car ages the computer boxes tend to go cuckoo once in a while.... my frens car is accident free....

theres a motors here n there beside the usual.... the boot, the rear window is motorized so u can imagine if it breaksdown!?!??

actually as i know he told me the eg parts is different from the crx.... i mean body parts la, as for other internal parts, some is the same..... if u interested i can pm his number if u wanna chat wif him..... ;)

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
guys! thanks for the help.. Please PM his contact number..thanks!

i've been told the running gear and engine stuff all the same as EG, only problem is the body parts and motors & gearing for the transtop... the one i'm looking at to purchase already has a problem wiht the roof...boot can open but motor to reach out to the roof panel has died... scary thought there...plus i've been told that the early models of Del-Sols have a problem with the roof leaking during heavy rain..

but thanks for all the help guys.. any more info is much appreciated... if really that bad a car, i may just opt for an EG.....then again, i think the del-sols quite fun! sigh... confused.

thanks!

kikaider

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL
If u have the financial capabilities to maintain the car, then i guess any car is fine. Just keep it in good shape and it will not give u too much problems.

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
call my friend n ask away.... owning a del sol is strictly for fun..... u can forget bout practicality n easy maintainance...... not 2 scare u but itz a true fact.... great as a second car but painful on wear n tear..... :unsure:

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
Spare parts is not that hard to get as long u r willing to find it at kedai potong

Bukit Kemuning Shah alam got rear parts , Evo Kg Melayu SUbang got front and back parts

cheers! ;)

goddfadda

Known Member
Dec 14, 2003
Del Sol ... beautiful car... love it... well I like rare cars that's why but can't seem to afford them yet... well you can call my friend up ... if you need to... he owns one and he always go for all these chop shops to buy his spares.... just as spares .... if anything happen... got spare lying around...

Yes the roof leakes when your rubber seals wear out.... that piece could cost you something like 500++....... call him at 0123322335 if you wish to know more about Del Sol's....

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
thanks for the info guys..

already placed deposit for the car... spend a little bit to touch up here and there.. and hopefully lasts a long long time to come.

thanks again

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
eyyy dont go just yet!! tell us the spec la! :D

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
what spec?

Car is a Honda CRX Del-Sol 1993/1997 model.. transtop (not working properly)
engine: B16A dohc v-tec
with some kinda pod-filter and air ram, old muffler
exterior: some jap bodykit with missing front lip... 16" rims..silver colour
interior: standard save for the ICE..two boxed subs behind seats, 2 amps and electronic crossover in boot... turbo timer

after buying the car, hopefully can get by this week.. have to touch up the cracked side skirts abit, paint the rims (temporarily till find new rims), touch up the interior abit- missing bits and pieces, some minor broken pieces etc... clean it up good plus maybe paint some plastic panels too... engine bay needs to be tidied up, i have leftover yellow silicone hoses, will use it to brighten up the bay abit... clean the damn pod filet... buy extractors and exhaust.. install leftover s-afc, volt mete, steering wheel, gear knob, etc etc....

sigh.. quite a fair bit of work to do on the car lah.. hopefully parts can be found at a reasonable price.

plus i was told that recon imported cars ahve to go for puspakom inspection before ownership change ka? troublesome....sigh

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
ahhh the joy of starting a project....good luck man.... :D

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Did anyone know what happened to the magazine? I was buying it for almost every month but it seems that recently I can't find it on sale anymore since January. Is it discontinued?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience