DC5 vs. Wald Golf GTI

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
I have to disagree on some points on the Gti.

suspension can get quite "floaty" once you hit double speed limit.

brakes are powerful , but not enough for NShighway cruising. Once you meet a few idiots, your brakes will feel mushy.

btw, DEX,

care to let me know where you get teh hp figure for 240-260hp?
Even with 97 petrol, most chips are around the 230figure.

a stage two might be able to push it past 250, but definitly not with a stage one(chip).

Last edited:

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
The bottom line is which is an easier car to drive.... I dare say it's easier for someone to push a Golf GTi 10/10 or to its max potential then a Integra TypeR....
U get someone who knows how to left foot brake, u'll really see the potential of the DSG.....
If u're prudent get a Jap car... but to those who can affoard it, the Golf GTi hands down but the fastest production hatchback that will rule them all will still be the Datsun GTi-R hahahahaha
MuaHAHAHA....

DEX

Jun 14, 2004
Hmm... I got the 260hp bit from the uk mkiv forum, anywho here's the bit regarding the 260hp+ rating from their website:http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/317524/ShowPost.aspx, Oh and I forgot to add that the 260hp+ dyno was done with the use of 98ron fuel :)

IMHO I think the suspension is just about right, it rides better than the wrx and the body control is quite reasonable at high speed for a car of this size. The car may never be as stable as a s-class at extemely illegal speed but it's a nice compromise all round.

My only complaint is that the car lack some throttle adjustability, a bit more steering feel and the slight hesitation to turn into a corner.

Last edited:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
After so many years driving a Jap car... a change to conti will be a big experience. Jap cars tend to spend more time in the workshop than a conti...

DEX

Jun 14, 2004
Yeah heard about the lawsuit thing by APR against REVO. It's business I suppose. Some says that REVO is APR and others say likewise..

Off topic but has any1 heard of the new 170hp Golf GT with the new 1.4 FSI superturbo engine? sounds quite tasty if u ask me.

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
DEX said:
Yeah heard about the lawsuit thing by APR against REVO. It's business I suppose. Some says that REVO is APR and others say likewise..

Off topic but has any1 heard of the new 170hp Golf GT with the new 1.4 FSI superturbo engine? sounds quite tasty if u ask me.
owh, you mean this one?
1.4cc Twincharged, watercooled DOHC 16V

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
DC5 Vs Go GTI DSG

That is why people still dont understand that HP is meaningless without Torque. My 2000 VVTIL Celica has 190HP but the torque is only 180NM.
DC5 Type R same problem and compared with the Golf DSG torque pales in comparison with a Turbo car.
And then you are talking about DSG which shifts faster than a manual trans driven by an expert.
By the way a lot of people cannot replicate 0 - 100 times. For example in a WRX you have to half clutch the car, release at 5000 rpm. Plenty of smoke I can tell you but not coming from the tyres but clutch burn.
So DSG wll be the king of all SMG's even Porshe will be using a DSG for their 911.
Unfortunately people buy a car for the looks and off course it needs to be popular. I am stuck with a Celica because my Girl Friend wants one!
I drive a Gen 2 for my daily transport.

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
jamesweh said:
For example in a WRX you have to half clutch the car, release at 5000 rpm. Plenty of smoke I can tell you but not coming from the tyres but clutch burn.

My friend's MY01 WRX, drop clutch at 6000++ rpm in standstill also no clutch smoke ?

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Why not? They are similar cars, in a similar class, in a similar price bracket. How they produce power is not important so long as they produce the goods.

Edit: Sorry, dunno why I was thinking of the Civic Type R. In the case of the DC5, which is a coupe is not in direct competition with the Golf which is a hot hatch. Although in terms of real world performance they aren't far off.

Last edited:

jwrx

Known Member
Apr 29, 2004
Visit site
anyone who chooses the DC5 over the GTi obviosly has never driven the Gti before, the GTI is miles ahead of the DC5, the torque(amazing), the DSG, the NVH, the luxurious interior, the quality of the fit and finish...I could go on and on

if you base your choice becasue of looks...then maybe can argue that teh DC5 is a nicer..but as a whole pacakge the GTi wins hands down

I personally dont like high revving jap cars like the celica and DC5, TORQUE is the most important...and the Gti has loads of it...

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
i nominate a test day for both cars!!! any volenteers??!!

c'm on guys . cut the bickering, bring your cars for a fun test run!! sepang? open car park? Maybe i'll get a Car mag writer to cover this!! anyone knows donald (EVO).

"The zth showdown" ~ ala eddie murphy's accent

whose game?!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

experts,

I wish to know if it possible for me to have a bolt on turbo kit on my kancil 660 fuel injet? Minimum modification would be best, just want a little extra power not expecting much power. what's the turbo usually used by Kancil or Kelisa?I am willing do this 'bolt on turbo' project to my car. What is required to do, to buy, to tune, to add ect. to my car if I want to install the turbo system? I'm not willing to make it too powerfull. Just enough power to make me feel the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience