DC5 Pre Facelift Or Post Facelift?

Sparkz

Aug 15, 2008
Good day all tai kor,

If i would buy a DC5 Would u all suggest pre facelift or post facelift? that would be 03 or 06 model right?

Any differance in modification? as in when we mod anything different?

john_doe_

Sep 6, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i saw quite a few used 03 units..
the 05-06 (facelift) units come with exorbitent price tag in comparison to price early of this year. (might as well get fd2r)

Just wondering which is a better buy?

Also I saw unreg dc5 with front and rear lights akin pre-facelift, however the ads stating that it is a 2005 unit. Could it be the japanese owner previously has changed/modified its facelift-model-lights combination to a pre-facelift one?

Sparkz

Aug 15, 2008
True 05-06 units has a higher price tag, but i dont think u can compare with a FD2R.

FD2R is a 4 door car le.. does not fit the discription as sports car~

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

But back to the point~ Which would be a better buy..

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Good day all tai kor,

If i would buy a DC5 Would u all suggest pre facelift or post facelift? that would be 03 or 06 model right?

Any differance in modification? as in when we mod anything different?
there are some minor upgrades for the post facelift version. i suggest you read this in order to understand what is the different is all about.

http://zeblackmamba.blogspot.com/2009/12/differences.html

it is written by mr lightningfield so to let you know.

tidalflux

Jun 2, 2009
Pre facelift.....just because those curved headlights look sick as hell! :biggrin:

Sparkz

Aug 15, 2008
there are some minor upgrades for the post facelift version. i suggest you read this in order to understand what is the different is all about.

The Black Mamba: The Differences

it is written by mr lightningfield so to let you know.

Yeps i read already the blog thanks was great help.
Is there any modification the new model can do but the old model cant? As in restictions?

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Yeps i read already the blog thanks was great help.
Is there any modification the new model can do but the old model cant? As in restictions?
my car is stock meaning no modifications are done on it. so i am not eligible to answer that.:biggrin:

you may want to direct the question to prasath.:biggrin:

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
prefacelift! for the look! lol....the headlight ftw :) , just that its quite old ...
there's no difference at all compare to facelift in term of performance, just need to be careful that some aftermarket part is different with pre-facelift.(eg: mugen ecu,torque damper etc)
and quite hard to find some parts for facelift i think.

they does slightly improve the suspension for the facelift, but once u change to adjustable i think it should be the same la..

Sparkz

Aug 15, 2008
Any more POV from other members?? would like to hear about it~

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
2005-2006 DC5 - newer car, newer engine, newer interior. thats the feeling i have when i compare to the older ones. feels almost like brand new.

mod-wise pretty much the same but as what hasukyo mentioned few things might not fit on the facelift DC5. not all but there are some.

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
2005-2006 DC5 - newer car, newer engine, newer interior. thats the feeling i have when i compare to the older ones. feels almost like brand new.
spot on. but if you have budget constraint then go for pre facelift version. if you are lucky you may get less problem free unit.

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
It depends, to me, New facelift looks smart & stylish and clean, while Pre - face lift looks wilder and aggressive! Difference of price about 15 ~ 20K between 2004 PFL unreg & 2005 NFL. Used ones are much lower in price.

If it was me, regardless NFL or PFL i'll go on which car has the most performance parts installed in it! On the road & ready for revving!

Both NFL & PFL are solid cars, no regrets on which facelift that you intent purchase :biggrin:

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
It depends, to me, New facelift looks smart & stylish and clean, while Pre - face lift looks wilder and aggressive! Difference of price about 15 ~ 20K between 2004 PFL unreg & 2005 NFL. Used ones are much lower in price.

If it was me, regardless NFL or PFL i'll go on which car has the most performance parts installed in it! On the road & ready for revving!

Both NFL & PFL are solid cars, no regrets on which facelift that you intent purchase :biggrin:
You're right both are solid cars.
I too want get the facelift model but after a while decided to go on with my PFL as the price of the NFL is rediculous. and after reading the differences which is not much i've decided to keep my car and slowly start modding. Anyway the monthly payment is quite low :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hye guys , well i recently purchased a BMW 525i (M) with a BOT kit , i have changed to bigger intercooler , redid the intercooler piping , redid oil piping , added a scavenge pump (turbo oil return pump) , added a BOV to my turbo system and also serviced my TURBO at Tong turbo.

Now , when i drive the car around normally , it is fine i can rev up nicely and all. Problem is when i floor the pedal , in other words , heavy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience