dc5..newbie owner

joo

Dec 7, 2005
The things is I dont wana get a type R coz I dont need such a hardcore car...Im contented with an Auto...

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

welcome welcome!

1. Are the spare parts a hassle to get, if something happens to the car?
- it's a honda. Parts wont be that hard to find unless its something very specific to the type-s. General parts like alternators, power windows, etc... I dont think will be a problem

2. How much is the road tax?
- road tax runs about rm350+ if i remember correct. Not expensive because its only a 2litre car.

3. How bout maintainace (servicing, etc)? *this is the most crucial aspect*
- like subcon said... It really depends on what type of parts/oils you use. It could run anywhere from rm250 - rm450...
*thanks for the reply. I find this reply to be very helpful. I will be test driving a handful of dc5 type-s this weekend. If there is anymore info that you can pass to me, it would be much appreciated*

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

name = Sue... how sure r u he/she is a "bro"? :rofl:
haha good one...im a girl...:burnout:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
if you can get the red one!!

dc5 in red color is simply awesome

joo

Dec 7, 2005
if you can get the red one!!

dc5 in red color is simply awesome
You read my mind...Im in love with the red one...I'm gona test drive 2 red ones dis weekend...hope all goes well...:driver:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
The things is I dont wana get a type R coz I dont need such a hardcore car...Im contented with an Auto...

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

*thanks for the reply. I find this reply to be very helpful. I will be test driving a handful of dc5 type-s this weekend. If there is anymore info that you can pass to me, it would be much appreciated*

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

haha good one...im a girl...:burnout:
Hiiiiiiiiiii sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black Mamba hereeee.... :love:

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Hiiiiiiiiiii sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black Mamba hereeee.... :love:
LOL. started la... :biggrin:

anyways... not sure how to advise... but when you're driving... just make sure the car feels "right"...

- no jerks
- no strange sounds
- no creaks
- no leaks in the interior
- no weird knocks on the body
- bumper should be aligned (easiest way to tell if its been in an accident)

apart from that... just visually check the engine bay for any leaks. however, it'll be quite hard to check the extractor side because its facing inwards...

the best bet is to bring along someone that knows a thing or two about cars (i'm sure the guys on the forum are MORE THAN willing to volunteer :biggrin:)... that way you can at least get a well informed 2nd opinion.

all the recon/unreg Type-S's i've seen are going for RM120 - 130k... which is rather expensive in my opinion if you compare it to a Type-R... but go for whatever suits your taste...

:driver:

let us know how it turns out.

joo

Dec 7, 2005
LOL. started la... :biggrin:

anyways... not sure how to advise... but when you're driving... just make sure the car feels "right"...

- no jerks
- no strange sounds
- no creaks
- no leaks in the interior
- no weird knocks on the body
- bumper should be aligned (easiest way to tell if its been in an accident)

apart from that... just visually check the engine bay for any leaks. however, it'll be quite hard to check the extractor side because its facing inwards...

the best bet is to bring along someone that knows a thing or two about cars (i'm sure the guys on the forum are MORE THAN willing to volunteer :biggrin:)... that way you can at least get a well informed 2nd opinion.

all the recon/unreg Type-S's i've seen are going for RM120 - 130k... which is rather expensive in my opinion if you compare it to a Type-R... but go for whatever suits your taste...

:driver:

let us know how it turns out.
thanks so much nukee...

joo

Dec 7, 2005
oh ya if u know anyone who wants to let go their type S, do let me know ya...thanks...

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
sue...anne...dinesh?

Drugged

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
joo, hardcore?? the Type R can pass off as a gentle beast too @laugh

suggest u go try to test drive a Type R too if uve not done that yet

joo

Dec 7, 2005
joo, hardcore?? the Type R can pass off as a gentle beast too @laugh

suggest u go try to test drive a Type R too if uve not done that yet
i'm pretty contented with the type S, thank u very much...:proud:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
Hey sue I have a lady friend who drives type-s. you might want to have girlie talk with her about the car. you may contact her via my facebook. cheers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My ride F10 528i was opticoated by Seech 14 months ago. Recently noted some waterspots/stains on my bonnet and boot. Called KC up for an early appointment. Managed to send in my ride on 29/07/2013 afternoon. KC was extremely kind. Examined my car for any paint defects. Amazingly the water beading was damn good even after 1 year plus of opticoating. KC did a complimentary touch up for my bonnet and boot area. As usual with his magical skills the final outcome was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience