dark tinting

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
no such thing as 'battery detector'...
true, you can detect battery power but at a very-very close range...

normally they will detect bluetooth or wifi...keep your laptop shutdown if you want to keep in in car..

and why not placing the speakers and screen in passenger seat and laptop in boot..
they wont steal the speakers and screen..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
no such thing as 'battery detector'...
true, you can detect battery power but at a very-very close range...

normally they will detect bluetooth or wifi...keep your laptop shutdown if you want to keep in in car..

and why not placing the speakers and screen in passenger seat and laptop in boot..
they wont steal the speakers and screen..
My friends laptop are all shutdown. They can detect is because of the battery. How to detect wifi when there is no wifi in parking lots?

Small cars the size of my bathtub should move aside and let the big boys through :biggrin:
Your bath tub must be real big wei...:rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Let's just hope I won't end up following behind your new MPV that your wife driving. Later I can't see in front I get frustrated :rofl:

Ya, distance away is one thing, but certain speeds say if emergency brake, even 2 cars away might not be able to brake in time. That's the cons of risking their own life having such black tints at the rear. Is not even for the purpose of covering what's in the boot. Unless cars like Wish or Stream type. That we understand. Myvi with black tints especially. Annoying.

I don't tailgate, I only get tailgated now especially in my stock mira.
His won't be tinted dark black mah!....

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Small cars the size of my bathtub should move aside and let the big boys through :biggrin:
Yup, exactly. Move aside....hahahahahha:biggrin::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My friends laptop are all shutdown. They can detect is because of the battery. How to detect wifi when there is no wifi in parking lots?

Your bath tub must be real big wei...:rofl:
Yup, my friend also shut down completely. Thought it was safe to place in the boot also kena. Is not like every car got broken into, but his only....:banghead:

Dustintwj

Apr 7, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, my friend also shut down completely. Thought it was safe to place in the boot also kena. Is not like every car got broken into, but his only....:banghead:
So apparently I'm not the only one who had this bloody problem before. Go makan 30 minutes also can kena. Damn suey

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So apparently I'm not the only one who had this bloody problem before. Go makan 30 minutes also can kena. Damn suey
Yup, another friend also kena like you. Thought just go for dinner 30 minutes came back car broken into.....:banghead:

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
From my reading on the web, laptop detectors are a urban myth. A completely shut down laptop cannot be detected by such "devices". No law enforcement agency in the world has ever had their hands on this elusive device. Laptops are stolen sometimes when the owners are seen stashing their laptops in the boot or when thieves get lucky -- they break into our boot to see what they can find, and, walla, our laptops are there. We come back and see only cars being broken in and our laptops gone. We think the thieves used a laptop detector when the truth is, it's probably more like a lucky draw for the thieves.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
From my reading on the web, laptop detectors are a urban myth. A completely shut down laptop cannot be detected by such "devices". No law enforcement agency in the world has ever had their hands on this elusive device. Laptops are stolen sometimes when the owners are seen stashing their laptops in the boot or when thieves get lucky -- they break into our boot to see what they can find, and, walla, our laptops are there. We come back and see only cars being broken in and our laptops gone. We think the thieves used a laptop detector when the truth is, it's probably more like a lucky draw for the thieves.
Mind to try to put a laptop in the trunk where no one can see you placing it there to find out the truth bro? :biggrin:

If it is base on lucky draw, then I don't see any reason why other cars that parked beside or near the victim's car was broken into as well.

That's kinda better than a lucky draw. 1 shot hit the bullseye.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
no its true....there is such device to detect laptops that are shut down & placed in the boot,
my 2 collegues kena in 1 utama, both laptop gone.

bro in law went down to 7-11 for 5 mins also kena.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
no its true....there is such device to detect laptops that are shut down & placed in the boot,

I think more of battery detector, something like that.....:smokin:

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
If the laptop is completely shut down, no device can easily detect its presence. These stories about my friend of a friend's laptop got stolen but no other cars were touched is like ghost stories: my friend saw a ghost; therefore, ghosts exist.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Yup, already have a few friend's kena. One is colleague laptop in his car and both went mamak makan only. Came back, the boot lock broke already. Laptop gone.

They left from their office. Not putting the laptop in public area. This is just one of the case.
Some said just remove the battery then can't detect.

Not sure how true is that but I rather leave the battery there than the laptop without the battery as a risk.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, some say the internal battery that is still running. The one running the clock.

I always ask my son to carry the laptop along. Not to take any chances.....:biggrin: