Cylinder Block and Oil Pan - Diagram

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Here is a digram of the cylinder block and oil pan of the A32 Nissan Cefiro/Maxima in explosive view.

If you are experiencing oil leak (which is also another common problems with pre 97' models, you might want to check this:

1) 11110+A : The oil pan seal. No, it does not have gasket seal of any kind, but of silicon based sealant. It is very common that after many years, the silicon sealant would deteriorate and starts leaking oil. All you need to do is, flush all the oil by removing '11128 + A', and then remove the whole sump. Clean the joint area before applying a new sealant.

2) 11121Z : This is also another joint where it uses silicon based sealant, the bottom block 11110, that bolts on to the cylinder block. However, the other possible leak could be from the seals for the crank, at...

3) 11121, 11121+A : These are the two 'half-circle-shaped' seals.

To apply or replace '2' and '3' requires you to remove the whole bottom block which is a big job, and it is better to leave it to the workshop.

What is the other alternative to replace '2' you may well ask? Well, that is something I am going to figure out soon, and if I were to do it, I will go and buy silicon paste and paste along all the joints.

If you have any other ideas, please share with us.

Regards
Ed

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
For '1' here is the picture of the oil leak from the sealant of the oil sump pan:

The oil leak is clearly visible along the lines of the joint.

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
For number '2', here is the picture of oil leaking from the joint between the bottom block and cylinder block:

I jacked up the car and crawled from under the car pointing straight up and took this picture. This side is where the firewall is, and above the oil pressure switch.

What I am going to do is to buy those paste and just seal it off from the outside. I simply cannot remove the whole block and spread new silicon sealant on it.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
know what, that was the problem i have with my old engine. And i brought all the parts and oil seal.. and read to install. Than when my engine was down, notice i have more problem with the engine. Cause the engine was Epoxy in one section. So i go with the 1/2 cut loh.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wish to ask, Heard NA Camshaft Lift higher and longer compare Stock Cam
Which 1 would be better choice ? 4G91 ? 4G93 ?

Is there any marking on the camshaft ?

Estimate how much duration ..?

tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience