Crystal headlamp with a "cap" in front of bulb.

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
I intend to install HID bulb into my headlamp but worried that the HID bulb will hit the cap in the headlamp (as HID bulbs are longer).

Will there be any side effect if I remove the cap? (e.g. lost of focus?)

Thanks.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
the cap is to reflect the light so that they are more evenly spread... removing the cap will bring uneasiness for other road user, especially on coming trafffic... because they will have to deal with direct light from ur bulb...

PS: normal reflected lights are already blinding, and u wanna make then worse??..

to solve ur problem, not sure if we can move forward the cap a little... ask other sifu sifu here la...

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
Then anyone knows how am I suppose to install the HID bulbs?

In addition, I am using the wira black crystal headlamp as those sell by HMS.

Anyone please shed some light on this. Thanks!

heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
i had remove the cap but nothing effect, even the light focus more wide, for those who use crystal light(wira) can take out the cap.

wont get any disturbon for other user.

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
eh wana ask sifu sifu u all... my bulb rite.. de front tip there got like gray stuff rite.. de tip there de gray thing cabut.. little bit oni.. y ah? n got prob anot?
entry38331thanks

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
Supachip said:
Then anyone knows how am I suppose to install the HID bulbs?

In addition, I am using the wira black crystal headlamp as those sell by HMS.

Anyone please shed some light on this. Thanks!
I bought a set of crystal headlamp from HMS and fitted it with HID kit.. the bulb fit nicely and not touching the cap..

dun remove the cap coz it will blind the incoming traffic

ZUR337

Jul 18, 2005
KL
heefmy said:
i had remove the cap but nothing effect, even the light focus more wide, for those who use crystal light(wira) can take out the cap.

wont get any disturbon for other user.
Yup...me too...i had remove the cap.It even sharper then before.The light focus brighter on the road and the focus is more wide.Just make sure the setting of ur headlight is perfect and not disturbing other incoming user.(the headlamp can be adjust rite..)
Imagine when u use HID..that will not dissapoint u for buying that HID set.
Good luck!

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
Oh, ok, Zillion thanks to everyone here giving very good opinions.

So conclusion here, according to those who had tried removing the caps is that, the light beam pattern will be better and will not cause any glare to incoming traffics !

And the HID bulb can actually fit in without touching the cap (hence, might consider not to remove it).

lsj_87

Sep 4, 2005
Klang
how u all remove the cap ? i try to remove but cannot ? the cap is too big cannot take out from the place where u put your bulb

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
I think you should seriously rethink about removing the cap. Even though I haven't personally tried it out, I am having this thinking that the cap is there for a reason. Since someone tried installing the HID bulbs without touching the cap, I don't think there is a need for removing the cap. Though sharper, note the dispersion of the light sideways as stated by some. The main idea is not to let the light disperse too wide as it will produce more glare I think. Hmm, correct me if I am wrong here.

Anyway, here is a link to a site with very good info on HID:

http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
i'm also using black base crystal light....
find it hard to adjust the light...sigh...mayb i'm not good at it....
still driving wif light not shining far enough...thats dangerous...
i'm using normal bulbs....izzit true that removing the cap will cause the light to be brighter??...but then will it look uglier coz ppl can see ur bulb directly...where as wif the cap...i personally think it looks good...
is there any easy way to adjust the light??

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
calvin9683 said:
i'm also using black base crystal light....
find it hard to adjust the light...sigh...mayb i'm not good at it....
still driving wif light not shining far enough...thats dangerous...
i'm using normal bulbs....izzit true that removing the cap will cause the light to be brighter??...but then will it look uglier coz ppl can see ur bulb directly...where as wif the cap...i personally think it looks good...
is there any easy way to adjust the light??
Have your headlamps adjusted to the correct angle and it should be shining at the correct distance.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
still trying my best to adjust it....
but then i onli sked it is too high that wound blind in coming traffic....

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
I am not sure about how you adjust the lights based on the wall position. Some sifus here know it. Generally, what I do is adjust the lamp and then walk to quite a far distance. Then, lower yourself to your seating position when you are driving. Position your head more or less as high as your car seat headrest or even slightly slower and look directly to your headlamps and see if they blind you. If they do, I assume it will to oncoming traffic as well. Make that the general thumb of rule. :)

tornadotcom

Jul 9, 2005
Sabah
Hmm..i change my wira to crystal lamp(black colour & glass type) not plastic type..but and i install a normal wira eyelid ...and now im driving with HI beam ..
my HI BEAM = normal LO BEAM, and LO BEAM - only 2-3 metres away..so issit my eyelid or i need to adjust the light? how to adjust ? adjust the whole or just only the thing holding the bulb? pls help

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Or to any equally lightweight material...

Let's say hatch-back car, Satria for instance....

I know it's gonna cost a bomb... but how much eh?

Thanks in advance :_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience