Crank Pulley problem

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Anyone here experience wobble crank pulley.
during idle it looks wobble but if i press the throttle the crank pulley become balance..
if i drive the rpm reaching 3k can feel the engine not smooth but below 3k smooth..

another problem is a lot of noise produce on the crank pulley area..already tighten all the belt but still got noise..foreman say crank pulley spoil..

anyone here experience same problem??i thought crank pulley wont spoil.
mine engine stock standard satria 1.3..
help anyone:banghead:..

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Stock crank pulley or aftermarket? lighten crankpulley? It could be the rubber damper inside disintegrated, if it is a stock pulley... LCP,maybe QC not that good..

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
Anyone here experience wobble crank pulley.
during idle it looks wobble but if i press the throttle the crank pulley become balance..
if i drive the rpm reaching 3k can feel the engine not smooth but below 3k smooth..
anyone here experience same problem??i thought crank pulley wont spoil.
mine engine stock standard satria 1.3..
help anyone:banghead:..
Since yr engine is stock.. I believe the rubber is gone.. happened to my friend driving wira.. his mileage was high.. the rubber gave way.. then crank will turn.. but cannot drive the accessory..

Better to change it as soon possible ! wont cost much i guess..

Good to try the lightened pulley.. car will feel light during pickup.. but loose top speed.
Let me know which pulley u changed.. there's so many brand in the market..

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've changed 4 CPs in the 7 years lifespan of my car.

- 1st one was chirping louder than a fanbelt on heat - Changed to OEM one (Brand new)
- 2nd one wobbling like it was super unbalanced after 2 years - Changed to 2nd hand one
- 3rd one chirping and wobbling - changed to solid pulley
- 4th one started eating the belt - changed to Myth pulley

I pray to god this time it doesn't spoil. I had to change the crank pulley oil seal everytime I changed pulley - that was irritating.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
mine had a wobbling few mths back, until it scraped of metal bits of the CP & also need to redo the 'longkang' on the crankshaft......

then i changed to lightened CP, alluminium ones......so far ok. but has abit of sound....but not that irritating.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
mine had a wobbling few mths back, until it scraped of metal bits of the CP & also need to redo the 'longkang' on the crankshaft......

then i changed to lightened CP, alluminium ones......so far ok. but has abit of sound....but not that irritating.
what sort of sound?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
very terrible sound, it sound like the differentials in the gearbox already kong....or the driveshaft 'bunga' already makan.....the DS turning, but tires not moving, sound something like that la.....

at 1st i thought it was a nightmare......i rebuild my gearbox 3mths before that & tot kong again...but took me sometime to find out the problem...it was the CP. but unfortunately the crankshaft already makan....so gotta regrind the 'longkang' back.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

this was the thread i posted previously.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-problems/373095-problem-with-crank-pulley.html

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Im using works LCP.So far,no problem, only the sound that is emitting from the belt pulley is louder.. Have not check the belt actually.Better do it later..
But,happy with the improvement..Engine revs up faster.

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Hahaha,kinda make the engine sound rough,not maintain etc..Gain some, lose some..

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Thanks guys,i thought i'm the one only having the pulley problem..i will changed it as soon as possible..:beer:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
get the ones with bushes...like mythelogy....something like that, but expensive la...
if normal CNC ones got sound abit....great for pick up, but loose on top end....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wat can i do to soup it up more...extractors n exhaust n air filters n spark plugs n safc done...dunno wat else can do...btw im also looking for torco engine oil in msia.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience