Cost of bumper repair: ketok2, paint and new sensor

code

Sep 2, 2005
KL
hi folks,

need some input from vios owners ... appreciate any thoughts actually ...

story:
- wife bumped her car into a vios during the weekends ... was at home when i got the call ...
- insurance ncb nearly 50% and so, we asked uncle vios (the owner) to get an estimate from the workshop ... suggested by the police sergeant ...
- wife just updated me saying that uncle vios quoted rm1k++ for ketok2, painting and new sensor .... sensor seems not functioning ...

rm1kk++ ? ... i went to the police station with the missus helping her out to fill in the report, and happened to see the damaged vios. The rear end is damaged, apart from the scratches, and misaligned bumper (looked a little bit tercabut) ... hardly can justify the 1k bill-lah ... or vios bumper repairs REALLY do cost that much?

concerns:
- can my wife and i fight this? are we totally at his mercy and must pay the bill?
- wife also told me that uncle vios doesn't want to go to normal workshop ... reason: paint won't be the same. i said 'WTF' a couple of times

thank u for your attention. again, appreciate any help and thought b4 moving forward

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
u took picture of the damages? if yes maybe u can go at toyota SC to ask for a quote urself...

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
a motorbike bang my friend's 2 months new honda city rear bumper...
sent to honda to repair, bumper, clips, re-paint, etc2
heard cost rm1k++, the motorbike's owner paid.

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
which sensor reffering?
the reverse sensor?

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
if both of the reverse sensor "kong" then surely about 1k

coz i nailed a vios early this year.... only some scratches on my subaru bumper( very tough bumper.. truss me...), but the vios bumper clip all jumped out... the end, 1 sensor gone, 1 bumper, spray cost me RM700 ++, but i am so "lucky" that i nailed a new vios, so the owner sent the car to toyota... haih.... if send outside cheaper lah..
when i checked the bill, the reverse sensor cost about 280-300 each couldnt remember.. so no surprise it reach 1k

one more thing, paint job is not done in toyota, they got outside shop and rip you kau kau for the paint job.... when i check the paint job after coming out, the paint is not the same also lah.. so tell the uncle that u solve everything for him, maybe u can settle for about rm700 or lesser outside of toyota... toyota sc very very expensive lah..... if the uncle still insist, ask him whether the SC got in house paint job service or not? if not then do outside lah..

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yo bros..I got a question here.My paint is chipping pretty terribly.It's mostly at the front bumper.I hv brought to shop few times end up painting the whole bumper ( touch up ) and I got fed up of that as well.How can I DIY this problem.Eg I'm thinking of buying the paint and the 2K while touch it up myself.Will it be effective for me to DIY.What shld the steps likely.:wink:
Pld feed back sifuus...:smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience