Convert option for EG sedan

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
I'd advise that you source for your own halfcut to get the best deal, then just rent a lorry to pick it up...some chop shops can deliver for you with a fee.

U can ask any workshop to source it out for you, but the price will be mocked up by the workshop. U'll also don't know what your getting (they'll usually pick up any halfut that's available to save time). I'd say be expected to pay about RM500 extra

If your in the Bangi area, I can recommend a friends workshop thats is experienced with honda's. For other areas you can search in the "reputable workshops" thread.

For half cut prices of EG6/9 range

Auto - RM4500 - RM5000
Manual - RM5500 - 6500
Manual LSD - RM6500 - 7000

Prices may vary on year & parts given (usually body & interior parts)

Last time i asked around ( a few months ago), there was an EG6 manual halfcut (full bodyparts) for RM5800.

mikro

Known Member
Nov 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Can i source the half cut my ownself?

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Can I source the half cut my ownself, i mean by starting engine and chcking the engine oil only for any breakage?

another than that, what I need to see to the engine?

Last edited:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Agreed...if you want power, stay clear from Auto GB......but IMO I'd have to disagree by saying it's horrible....might be your friends car condition that led to your bad experience with auto Gb.......maybe you should try driving my car, you might find it not so horrible...:biggrin:..
weii bila nak convert manual???? :biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

EG6 auto driven by mr aalto!!!

YouTube- EG6 Automatic at Sepang circuit 01 Feb 2009

DaDoctor

Known Member
Aug 2, 2008
One last question, is there any reliable shop to do the transplant and source for halfcut?

Cause I am a newbie and has no reliable foreman that deal in halfcut. How much extra I need to paid if I ask the shop to do the sourcing and transplanting as well?

Thx for everyone who participate in this thread.

Different shop different price....:rofl:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
mr aalto : hahaha forgive me for my words on horrid auto, but my friends dc2 was really horrid...

however after watching ur video, holy shit. good driving. loud crossover too! nice nice!

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Nice driving Mr.Aalto...

for an auto your car performs quite well... :top:

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
using auto on track would use more braking power at turns..

yeah,....i was worried that brake fade was gonna be bad due to heavy braking, so I braked a bit earlier & a little softer. Overall the brakes lasted through with a little brake fade..using only D2, you could get some decent engine braking from its downshift, but you had to brake to a certain speed for it to happen & at some turns that meant going too slow (which was pointless).... I basically spent the whole time figuring out where & how much to brake to get the right speed & gear for the corners.

The main problem i faced was the overheating due to the radiator which also needs to cool the gbox oil ... max i could go was 4 laps before the temp. started to rise.

Arrowhead - thanx:proud:..... I was using 5Zigen Fireball, IMO the best exhaust for a kickass crossover sound...

Ad_Eg - thanx :proud:

mikro

Known Member
Nov 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Ok, I get it.

Thx for everyone who help answering my question and I should rest my case now :)

The Marketplace Latest

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Brake vibration during emergency breaking, 3rd time Toyota replaced this brake disc
Suspension still sucks not to expectation, feel so uncomfortable during city driving and humps
Transmission problem ,when test drive cant sense the issue , but still worried it might happen again automatically drop to neutral while doing 110km and above .

Guys I need some advise is there a qualified and certified independent inspection or QC company in Malaysia please advise their name and contact...

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience