Conversion GSR 1.8 Turbo (4G93T) - Wira/Satria/Putra

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
stock default spring is 8k/4k... what i usually did is asked them to swap different spring rate fresh from the box....

u should just swap the springs...because almost all adjustable suspension spring is swappable without any problem.. (except some brand like TEIN front spring is in bigger diameter coil and other expensive brands)
he got ftuned now. more hepi hepi horey horey

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
stock default spring is 8k/4k... what i usually did is asked them to swap different spring rate fresh from the box....

u should just swap the springs...because almost all adjustable suspension spring is swappable without any problem.. (except some brand like TEIN front spring is in bigger diameter coil and other expensive brands)
I miss that. Still new to mods 2yrs ago.
Even now. Baru berjinak jinak. Kekeke...

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Hey guys!! I have something to share! I’ve just managed to secure a Japan halfcut GSR with 95k mileage. Price is at net 12k net. I’m getting complete set (without body parts), front and back disc brakes, control arms, fuel tank and fuel pump, dashboard and the console.

The coming expenses are upah pasang at net 2k, add-on Twin Pot Evo at 550, wear and tear around 1.5k, replace roof (not sunroof) and wrap roof along with A-C pillars 1.5k, spray paint caliper 100, JPJ runner endorsement around net 500-1k without insurance inclusive. Total damage is tentatively 18.5k, without supporting mods (adjustable coilovers, tyres and rims, gauges, etc). What do you think?

Seems like by end March, the car can run on the road legally but pending for supporting mods. Any hints you guys want to give to a newborn GSR owner?

Attachments

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hey guys!! I have something to share! I’ve just managed to secure a Japan halfcut GSR with 95k mileage. Price is at net 12k net. I’m getting complete set (without body parts), front and back disc brakes, control arms, fuel tank and fuel pump, dashboard and the console.

The coming expenses are upah pasang at net 2k, add-on Twin Pot Evo at 550, wear and tear around 1.5k, replace roof (not sunroof) and wrap roof along with A-C pillars 1.5k, spray paint caliper 100, JPJ runner endorsement around net 500-1k without insurance inclusive. Total damage is tentatively 18.5k, without supporting mods (adjustable coilovers, tyres and rims, gauges, etc). What do you think?

Seems like by end March, the car can run on the road legally but pending for supporting mods. Any hints you guys want to give to a newborn GSR owner?
u can't use back your 1.5 front absorber bro. the engine is too heavy. u need to get new ones. just add in another 1.5k for HWL coilovers.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

swap in everything from the gsr halfcut including suspension and lower arm and subframe...

should be decent enough for normal driving

Reactions: sanekit

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Halfcut price is ok. 3yrs ago i got it for 10.5k mt.
TBH if the engine still good, no leaked. Save the top/full overhaul. My mech din do anything to engine, he told me engine still good condition don waist.
Replace wira stock suspension with coilover. Get one with bodyshift if possible.
If stock gsr suspension ok, then pakai jee.
More wallet damage will come. For starter drive first let the engine awake. Duno sleep how long.
Then baru itchy.

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
swap in everything from the gsr halfcut including suspension and lower arm and subframe...

should be decent enough for normal driving
For now, I’ll swap in BC Racing coilovers, while using the lower arm and subframe. Still checking if the lower arms are in good conditions

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
usually the suspension always kong. haha. lower arm bushes and other bushes always need replacement also.
The lower arm bushes, the foreman is checking to pump out the bush and replace the bushes only. Can this actually be done, or is it a gimmick?

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
TBH if the engine still good, no leaked. Save the top/full overhaul. My mech din do anything to engine, he told me engine still good condition don waist.
Replace wira stock suspension with coilover. Get one with bodyshift if possible.
More wallet damage will come. For starter drive first let the engine awake. Duno sleep how long.
Then baru itchy.
Engine seem good. The start up and sound is healthy. Cap is pretty clean. No leak, for sure. Would probably run it the way it is.

Now, I’m placing in BC Racing coilovers. Should have bodyshift if not mistaken (HLSH). Will start driving normal first. Expecting more wallet dmg already

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
The lower arm bushes, the foreman is checking to pump out the bush and replace the bushes only. Can this actually be done, or is it a gimmick?
yes but i doubt the ball joint connecting the arm to the whell hub assembly can be replaced. For example, the Pajero LO lower arm ball joint is bolted to the arm unlike on most car its welded.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
can. but lower arm not a problem la. gsr and wira use same lower arm. just use back your wira lower arm but change to PU bush ok dy. the subframe and crossmember is important. that one cannot use back your wira parts. also the suspension. dont forget about that. ahaha

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Then baru itchy.
my engine got no leak when got it from halfcut. drove it for 1k++ km then the problems start showing. head leak, oil seal harden, valve seal harden. ended up doing top overhaul (and some minor mods). hahaha

it's best to change the important seals like valve seal, crank seal, cam seal etc. and also the radiator hoses if it's already harden.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my engine got no leak when got it from halfcut. drove it for 1k++ km then the problems start showing. head leak, oil seal harden, valve seal harden. ended up doing top overhaul (and some minor mods). hahaha

it's best to change the important seals like valve seal, crank seal, cam seal etc. and also the radiator hoses if it's already harden.
Yup, those things got to do, because do not know the engine how long already and no history of those parts being changed....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, need help or advice.

I found bird-dropping somewhere near the roof along the A-pillar this afternoon. When I wash it off after I reached home, I found it was too late. It has "melted" into the paint leaving a yellow mark about the size of a corn. I used car polish hoping to polish it off. but it only help a bit and the yellow mark was still visible. Out of desparation, I thought I could use my fingernail to scrape off the yellow mark.. but to my horror, I actually took off the shiny...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience