Civic SB3/4 (84-87) and Civic EF

cyrixMX

Oct 29, 2004
Hi,

Can anyone answer my queries below? I've got a 1986 Civic SB4 and needs to get a few parts but source is very limited now.

1. Can I bolt on a EF2 dashboard into my SB4? I saw someone posted a pic of his civic in this forum modded with a EF2 engine and dashboard. I've mailed him but till now no replies yet.

2. Can the steering rack from a EF2 fit into my SB4? As far as I know, the steering wheel is compatible since I've got a EF2 steering wheel now.

3. I can't find a replacement for my fuel regulator (which is located in the engine bay). The local SB4 engine has a very small pump but my EW1 engine (yes .. JDM CRX first gen) is much bigger. Can the fuel regulator from an EF2 fit?

Help in any manner is much appreciated.

3gciviczc

Known Member
Dec 31, 2003
Kajang;Selangor
Visit site
HI CyrixMX<

The ef dash board can fit into your ride but will require a modification job. currently i'm using the 86' teg dash for my car. regarding your fuel regulator problem, you need to check with your mech. Maybe a modified one will be albe to help out.

cheersssssssss

syiokGILER

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
cyrixMX
better if yu could post the pix of yur fpr .. mebe can help ..

cyrixMX

Oct 29, 2004
my engine code is EW1 wor .. I've spoken to a few spart parts shop. Some say compatible with D-series fuel regulator (carbie version) but others say its totally different. Who should I listen to? When I go back, I will take a snapshot and post it here.

Hmm .. swapping the dashboards needs extra modding job. I think I'll skip this 'operation' and get the air-cond panel trim replaced instead.

where do you guys recommend to get original honda parts at discounted prices? I've asked two shops and they quoted RM180 for the fuel regulator.

BTW, I manage to source front absorbers for RM130 per set (including mounting and stopper), made in malaysia by honda. Rear ones are RM125 per piece, original honda part as well.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have been doing an extensive researches on how air behaves in motion for my intake and exhaust design and came across Radial Momentum theory which basically says air that flow in conical shaped tube where the radius increases from inlet to outlet will have gradual pressure drop

this is in contrast with bernoulli's where when gas expands due to increased radius, pressure will increase. please take some time to read the link below, it really helps understanding how air works if u are...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience