choking car anyone?

zer0_owl

Jan 29, 2004
i own a 89' saga.recently when drivin up2 speed of 100++,my car started to choke like wana 'sei' fo' ermm duno d correct term but like the engine wanted to turn of by itself.when i let go of d gas pedal,its ok but when i accelerate again d same thing happens.so nowdays cant drive more den 90... <_<
duno good things or bad thing.. :lol: :lol:
anyone had dis kind of prob b4?or anyone know wats wrong?
no time2send 2 mech,or $$$ oso :(
duno much bout cars realy,jz started maintainin my ride cuz recently oni kuasa 2 me haha ;)

vyruzj

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
I use to face these problem, change fuel filter oso no use. Then change spark plugs same oso. Finally the mech change the fuel pump... TA-DA~~~ its back to normal. However i would recommend to change to new fuel pump cpz we neva know how is the condition of the used pump. Like mine, bought a used pump and the problem come back again after 6 months... haih.~~

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
I believe ur saga is still standard and still carb. Then I think it's ur carb that has problem. Either it's too dirty or some component not working. I have a friend that has this twin carb prelude, when the 2nd carb activates, it's like fuel cut and the whole engine just chokes..... the carb K-O already. So ur problem I think also similar.... something wrong with ur carb. Bring to a mech a get it service....!

one more thing, check if the symptoms happen at lower speed @ around the same revs.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
I'm running twin carbs too. But i did face that problem, and my mechaninc found out the problem a faulty AC pump(fuel pump). AC pump is for carbs only and works on mechanical basis, not electrical. For ur saga carb, i think its the same. Unless maybe Proton upgraded to electric pump. The cost to replace mine was RM 135.00. This was 1 year ago. :)

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Check your spark plug, spark plug cable, coil, then fuel filter, last carburator.

zer0_owl

Jan 29, 2004
yeah SiGNAL,my car stil evrything stock..sigh~~
:P
nope it doesn happen at low speeds rev,juz when i accel to reachin 100,d chokin starts..damn..now my trips takes longer haha :lol: :lol:

netmatrix- is around dat price izit?

neways thx guys for ur help
wil trouble u all again if got anymore probs

cloud

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
zer0...maybe ur dad did somethg to the engine don't let u speed :P
Change the spark plugs and see how-la....
But I think u better send over to the mechanic-la...
Don't mess with jerking...can cause trouble in long run... <_<

y3ahßaby

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Klang
Visit site
Originally posted by vyruzj@Aug 17 2004, 02:38 PM
I use to face these problem, change fuel filter oso no use. Then change spark plugs same oso. Finally the mech change the fuel pump... TA-DA~~~ its back to normal. However i would recommend to change to new fuel pump cpz we neva know how is the condition of the used pump. Like mine, bought a used pump and the problem come back again after 6 months... haih.~~
ya mine too is a fuel pump probelm..mine lagi funny wen going slow also can jerk..b4 that alot of things i change cost me 1k like that...and after all is fuel pump probelm cost me 60bucks recon...wen think of it damn tulan la!!

;)

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
yup...i just solve it 1 weeks ago...ur AC pump cacat...for mine...the hose for IN and R for the AC pump sudah songsang just fix back...test OK!!

check ur AC pump

vyruzj

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by y3ahßaby@Aug 17 2004, 10:35 PM
ya mine too is a fuel pump probelm..mine lagi funny wen going slow also can jerk..b4 that alot of things i change cost me 1k like that...and after all is fuel pump probelm cost me 60bucks recon...wen think of it damn tulan la!!

;)
Yo brudder, where can i get a recond pump for dat price? Last time my mech tukar mine plus labour is abt rm350 ler... kena chop lor like dat... Mine is acting up again.. so need to have backup jz in case.

vyruzj

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
BTW my car is a 13 year old Honda Accord (SM4) carb.

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
Originally posted by escaflowne@Aug 17 2004, 11:28 PM
yup...i just solve it 1 weeks ago...ur AC pump cacat...for mine...the hose for IN and R for the AC pump sudah songsang just fix back...test OK!!

check ur AC pump
can i ask where is the location of the AC pump????
under the hood or behind the seat??

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
haha ...it is under the hood...
u look perpendicular to ur engine...u sure know where is ur carby rite!!
for proton engine..like mine 4g15p it is the top right beside the carby above ur air con compressor...

normally gold in color, got one IN hose, one overflow R hose and one breathing hose

last time the hose songsang pasang...the fuel will like leak out and stay on the AC pump....luckily din KABOOM

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Elf engine oil in malacca?

hi there do anyone knows anywhere got sell Elf oil? semi syn (15W-40) and the pricing as well?

any suggestion for other good and reputable oil brand n model is welcomed...thanks :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience