Choices of cars to buy?

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Vios you may not be impress by performance wise but then reliability and quality at least better than proton to me somehow.
Well, vios been know for good fuel consumption and also long lasting. My friend's 1st gen vios till date is still running perfectly.

Fully serviced by UMW and travel daily from Klang to KL thru and flow for 10 years.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Vios you may not be impress by performance wise but then reliability and quality at least better than proton to me somehow.
Well, vios been know for good fuel consumption and also long lasting. My friend's 1st gen vios till date is still running perfectly.

Fully serviced by UMW and travel daily from Klang to KL thru and flow for 10 years.
I have different opinion on what you said. P42 Vios is a good but P93 Vios onward things don't look so good especially at assembly and QC.

If want to buy then buy only P42 Vios not the P93 Vios.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I have different opinion on what you said. P42 Vios is a good but P93 Vios onward things don't look so good especially at assembly and QC.

How to actually know the difference in QC and assembly wise between those 2 models bro?
In other words that goes the same to newer model toyotas?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
How to actually know the difference in QC and assembly wise between those 2 models bro?
In other words that goes the same to newer model toyotas?
If you are like me, try to strip the interior of the P42 and P93 until you see the bare chassis then you analyse. I strip my neighbours 2 months old P93 because he complain got sound.

Well, do on your own risk....:smokin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I saw a VW Polo Sedan on the road the other day, looks decent actually from the outside, but that engine is sad. Saw a Supramaniam S OTR last night for the first time, the rear lights look quite nice, the front look like outdated Audis with LED bijik-bijik.

Preve vs Supramaniam..let's see.. Supramaniam got more air bags, but its a heavier car and its a hatch.. but Preve is butt ugly, like really, ugly butt. Really confusing that Proton owns Lotus and they manage to design cars look like shit. Toyota is getting their design right with the new Vios, the new Honda Civic also look like shit next to Kia Cerato and Hyundai Elantra.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I saw a VW Polo Sedan on the road the other day, looks decent actually from the outside, but that engine is sad. Saw a Supramaniam S OTR last night for the first time, the rear lights look quite nice, the front look like outdated Audis with LED bijik-bijik.

Preve vs Supramaniam..let's see.. Supramaniam got more air bags, but its a heavier car and its a hatch.. but Preve is butt ugly, like really, ugly butt. Really confusing that Proton owns Lotus and they manage to design cars look like shit. Toyota is getting their design right with the new Vios, the new Honda Civic also look like shit next to Kia Cerato and Hyundai Elantra.
Front is shit.

Back is decent only.

Side, for god sakes look at the size of that rear light.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I won't say I love the front, but its OK. The rear looks a bit new Civic-ish.

As with ixeo's car buyer's guide. Buy the Vios! Won't go wrong with it.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Rear still have the previous model resemblance. Front is more like Prius direction of design. Something like Ford Fiesta and Focus design for the front of the vios.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

My mechanic did mention one of the Vios model did have weak torsion beam, not sure which model...:smokin:

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Rear still have the previous model resemblance. Front is more like Prius direction of design. Something like Ford Fiesta and Focus design for the front of the vios.
Much better then previous model....:biggrin:

2.0turbo

Known Member
May 9, 2004
I know you don't want second hand car but I want to recommend second hand camry cause it much better than all in your list.:driver::driver::driver:

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

I mean camry year 2008/9. The price is give and take rm 100k.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I know you don't want second hand car but I want to recommend second hand camry cause it much better than all in your list.:driver::driver::driver:

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Problem is Home Minister do NOT approve....hahahahaha:rofl:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

already told him since day one but wife does not approve 2nd hand car.....its for his home minister not him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how much is the halfcut for evo5 ? :huh: cause i need to find evo5 to trnaplant into my waja...is it possible to transplant it ? :P
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience