CF4 SiR-T Questions!!

FutureCivic

Aug 1, 2007
Hey guys,

My good friend owns a 1999 SiR-T, he previously damaged his original motor and had it rebuilt by some shop.
Well....looks like the crank is making some noise, we suspect they used the crank out of the previous 'damaged' motor.
Long story short the shop did a bum job.

1. Does anyone know or have or can find the CORRECT engine bolt torque specs and clearances for the F20B?
2. Does anyone know where you can purchase aftermarket bearings and rings. (Will H22 bottom end stuff work?)
3. Will an H22 knock sensor work on the F20B?
4. Where can I get a complete gasket set? Or just Top or Bottom gaskets?
5. Will H22 adj. cam gears work on the F20B?
6. Where can I locate a shop/service manual on the car?

I think thats all the questions he has for now.

Thanks guys!

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
wow,... W.I.??? where's that? the US??? i wasnt aware the jdm 6th gen got in there!

most parts from the h22 head would fit the f20b,... the block i'm not sure.
anyway, if the engine was heavily damaged, ur fren should have juz tried to get another engine.

other CF series experts here will be able to shed more light,... wait up,...

FutureCivic

Aug 1, 2007
:biggrin: LOL

W.I. = West Indies aka Caribbean not USA!!

Yea we get brand new and second hand imported cars here, shipped direct from Japan.

Well basically her overreved the original motor.....dropped a valve ripped up his head and cylinder walls, screwed up two rods and punched through one piston.

He got another F20B from a friend, that guy previously ran his engine on low oil, screwed up his crank bearings........so basically he took his motor and slapped the crank in it with supposedly fresh bearings. He doesnt know cause he didnt ask the builder anything, he said he trusted them. hmmm

Sourcing another F20B would be time consuming and expensive at this point.

I and another reputable friend have driven the car and its not how it was when he got it from Japan. I did a few tweaks on it and got it kinda 80% running good, but it has a faulty knock sensor so it kinda lags on the bottom revs (below 3500rpms). VTEC is at 5500rpms......redline 7800rpms or thereabout.

The car came with these mods from Japan:

1. Top Fuel Carbon Fiber Intake.
2. Fujitsubo Headers. (heat wrapped)
3. Fujitsubo Dual Exhaust.
4. Grounding Kit.
5. Modded stock strut bar. (an extra bar was welded across the stock one)
6. Lower Cusco Tie Bar.
7. Full Adj Coilovers, Adj Damper Settings and Ride Height (unknown brand...never checked)
8. Short Shifter and RAZO shift knob.
9. Dashboard on driver side console was sprayed white.
10. Oh cant forget, a cute sticker with an arrow on the stock tach saying (Hi-Cam Change ->) Pointing approx @ 5500rpms.
11. Aftermarket Throttle Body...forgot the brand but id say its around 64mm. (ITS HUGE!)

yea so it came a crazy car. was known to be the THE fastest Accord on the island to date. Until another SiR-T with similar parts and one ex track Euro-R came.

So guys help me out here! Any info will be welcomed! :burnout:

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Oh...pity pity...

I'm no expert, so can't give u any clue...hehehe..

But mind posting some of the "fastest accord" pictures to share ?

I know there's a forum in jamaica that talk much about CF4/CL1, try to source from them also....

Wheels Jamaica - Index

Cheers.

FutureCivic

Aug 1, 2007
Hi Sato

Thanks for the reply. I do know about the Jamaica forum.....im actually a member. I might try them or the Trinituner.com (Trinidad) forum.

Pics eh :)

It looks stock which fooled alot of persons.....:hmmmm:

There you go....not much of a looker eh :)

The car was purchased from Airbros Japan Ltd.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
oh okay, west indies,...

u r a fren of bien aka blizzard? he was aking me abt error code 23 for the tranny,... but lets say if it's the normal honda code for the ecu, 23 means the knock sensor. Actually a mechanic told me the cf4s run on obdII, so jumping the wires for the CEL or TCU codes wont be accurate,... u have to get the program and diagnose the symtoms thru the use of a tuner,... and also resetting the computers by disconnecting the battery terminals wont help either,...

the program is available here, i got mine dignosed with a fault in the abs braking system,... resetted, tested and it works,... and rediagnose with no error. I got "undefined" for the EPS, which i know will konk out as if its a normal thingy for the cf4s,...

still hv to wait for the other experts to comment,...

nice pics anyway,... look like mine,... same color "tafetta white" eh? NH578 hahaha!

if anything else fail, find the euro-R motor,... get it in!

FutureCivic

Aug 1, 2007
Yes the CF4 diagnostics are OBD-II-B ........so jumping of wires wont work. You need to get it checking with the DTC computer thats up to date. Majority of the mechanics that have on here are outdated....only two dealerships have proper ones.

LOL a Euro-R motor would be just lovely! But we are trying to keep the costs down.....we just might have to source internals or something from somewhere.

Thanks.....

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
I think everybody knows that F20B and H22A are almost similar and many parts are interchangeable.

Anyway, I am in the process of getting my JDM EPC running on my 'english' PC. Once it is running ok some of your questions hopefully :)

1. Does anyone know or have or can find the CORRECT engine bolt torque specs and clearances for the F20B?
2. Does anyone know where you can purchase aftermarket bearings and rings. (Will H22 bottom end stuff work?)

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
I think everybody knows that F20B and H22A are almost similar and many parts are interchangeable.

Anyway, I am in the process of getting my JDM EPC running on my 'english' PC. Once it is running ok some of your questions hopefully :)

bro faisal, u mean u have a pc that can dignose the cf4??? i dun really get what u mean,... silly me

FutureCivic

Aug 1, 2007

He has the Japanese Electronic Parts Catalog..... :biggrin: SWEET

Get that working bro!! Thanks!:adore:

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
forget about getting another f20b.

just drop in a red top h22a from cl1.

FutureCivic

Aug 1, 2007
Well as i said before obtaining a Red Top H22 would be nice but costly for us here in the Caribbean. That would have to be THE final resort.

I came across this site that has some specs on the journals for both H and F series....seem the H22A bottom end stuff just might be able work.

CB7Tuner Forums - ** H/F SERIES ENGINE INFO **

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Well, I've seen one H22A red top around.. but the guy wants like RM10K+ for it.. not a h/cut, only engine, some minor stuff and 5 lug brakes.

Nice, but I'm not an accord enthusiast.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
Well, I've seen one H22A red top around.. but the guy wants like RM10K+ for it.. not a h/cut, only engine, some minor stuff and 5 lug brakes.

Nice, but I'm not an accord enthusiast.
yup, a few lying around for abt 9k,...

i know lah shiro,... u civik ek sifu,... get the CTR mangggggggggggg

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

One month old Micro Compressor to let go,

Type: Super Micro Compressor
Colour: Chrome.
Market Price: RM290.
Selling Price: RM230.
Installation: Installed to manifold intake(s).
Reason for selling: upgrade & replace to other gadget.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience