center locking switch (HELP ME LAH)

HL Milk

May 20, 2005
B'worth
hi all DIY big big bro sifu here. i got one question here. i was modified a center locking for my car last year (iswara aeroback). its cost me arround RM200:angry: . but at least i satisfied with the function that when i press brake padel all 4 doors will lock. all working well until now.
but last week i saw my friend car which also have the modified center locking as me. but with extra switch to open all 4 doors (just press the switch). i was :retarded: WTF. the accessories shop didnt install for me. which my friend install more cheaper than me. :angry:
so now i was plan to DIY the extra switch to my car which function like my friend car. can all sifu here help me how n where to connect the 2 wire from switch?

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP SOS SOS SOS SOS SOS SOS SOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
ciu very easy go accessories shop do la ...... last time i did only costs me 8 bucks .... less hassel and frustration ..... wun charge u expensive la .... important is u ask price first la ....

HL Milk

May 20, 2005
B'worth
hey edwin. i think that u r not eduacated wnough to post in this so call DIY forum lah. u know wat is mean by DIY? that mean i wanna DO IT MYSELF to improve knowhow of my car ok? clear!!!!!!!

jay_graphic

Known Member
May 19, 2005
key ell
my car also have the one switch button to unlock the four doors... but than i install it with the alarm system... it cost me about RM200 a cheap alarm system. but than it working really fine... i also dunno laa how to do it... just give my opinion...:D but if anyone know... wanna share it...;)

mat_rad

Dec 18, 2004
HL Milk said:
hey edwin. i think that u r not eduacated wnough to post in this so call DIY forum lah. u know wat is mean by DIY? that mean i wanna DO IT MYSELF to improve knowhow of my car ok? clear!!!!!!!
rilex bro...
erm...yesterday i just did my car central lock myself....i think it's not very complicated..in my case, i use the 5pin power window switch that normally used in kancil 850.. so i can lock/unlock all 4 doors just by pressing the switch from inside the car..press up to unlock & press down to lock...

for ur case...
1st wire-search for constant power source wire at the central lock electronic box....
-turn off your car key...
-find a functional 12v car bulb...
-tap 1 leg to car body (ground)
-tap the other one to any wire at the electronic box
-if the bulb turn on- means u've found the right wire (1 only)..usually the color is black with red stripe..or red only....

2nd wire..Search for the correct wire that connect to your central lock motor
-connect a wire from the constant power source..
-lock all ur doors (no need to close it)
-tap the wire from the power source to any wire at the central lock electronic box ...if the door unlock then u've found the right wire...the color depends on ur car model..for kancil-blue or white with blue stripe...

3rd..get a push once switch (don't know the correct names-it's a small black switch with red button) which u can buy from electronic shop /jalan pasar...around RM1-2...the switch comes with 2 legs...connect 1 leg to the power source & the other leg to the 2nd wire..place it anywhere convenience to u in the car...

4th-Do it at your own risk..i'll not responsible for any damages..:) good luck!!
:_:

Last edited:

jay_graphic

Known Member
May 19, 2005
key ell
the way that mad rat told us... is understandable...
when i fix the alarm system at the shop... the man there do the same thing...
it look simple but when try to do so susah...

but what ever thx mad rat... great info...;)

mat_rad

Dec 18, 2004
jay_graphic said:
the way that mad rat told us... is understandable...
actually..i'm not veri gd in english!! heheheh...so just use the simple words looo...:emoticon_U:

I

Indecided

http://www.the12volt.com/info/diagrams.asp

go look there.

"hey edwin. i think that u r not eduacated wnough to post in this so call DIY forum lah. u know wat is mean by DIY? that mean i wanna DO IT MYSELF to improve knowhow of my car ok? clear!!!!!!!"

I think that your problem is that you are ignorant. We can tell you how to do this, that...but if you screw up and miswire something, you risk damaging the electrical systems of your car, or worse still, yourself. Unless you know what you're doing, please don't just think that it's just a wire here and a wire there.

Another thing, you dont "modify a center lock system" it's RETROFIT a CENTRAL LOCKING SYSTEM.

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
um, indecided... I want a little more high tech than this one... can anyone here help?

Car = Proton Saga Auto.

Mod = when press brake, doors lock. when engine off, doors unlock.
The previously posted idea isn't good, because that idea means that everytime I press brake, the central lock will try to lock again.