Cefiro Gear loose (cannot shift)

medae

Jun 9, 2009
Hi all, any one can help me to solve my head-burning problem. I have Cefiro excimo 2.0A (year 2005). My problem when speed above 140 km/h and then get back slow (at 40-50 km/h), the gear cannot shift and become like Neutral. Press the fuel but the car cannot run. What i can do turn off the engine and restart like a computer. then i will ok back.

Any one please comment.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Hi all, any one can help me to solve my head-burning problem. I have Cefiro excimo 2.0A (year 2005). My problem when speed above 140 km/h and then get back slow (at 40-50 km/h), the gear cannot shift and become like Neutral. Press the fuel but the car cannot run. What i can do turn off the engine and restart like a computer. then i will ok back.

Any one please comment.
Please check your TPS sensor.

medae

Jun 9, 2009
TPS? I have no whats that. But Ill find out how to check it. Thanks for the respond

medae

Jun 9, 2009
Thank for all helps. Now i'm working on it. see what happen after this..:driver:

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
bro it could be ur ECU * & gear box, just a wild guess.

medae

Jun 9, 2009
Bro XTEC, Appreciate your wild guess. Now I understand how my lovely ceffy engine works. I can feel that i'm getting closer to the solution. I just wait this weekend to be a mechanic or technician maybe. Actually I've just sent my car to Nissan service, they have changed gear oil and the mechanic said there nothing wrong with gear box but the problem still arise. I think there's something to do with TPS, because this device send the signal to ECU (according to my quick research). But please don't tell me the ECU malfunction.

Now my car is at custom bodykit workshop at Selayang Prima, waiting to be picked up this afternoon. Of course with new look. :proud:

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Bro XTEC, Appreciate your wild guess. Now I understand how my lovely ceffy engine works. I can feel that i'm getting closer to the solution. I just wait this weekend to be a mechanic or technician maybe. Actually I've just sent my car to Nissan service, they have changed gear oil and the mechanic said there nothing wrong with gear box but the problem still arise. I think there's something to do with TPS, because this device send the signal to ECU (according to my quick research). But please don't tell me the ECU malfunction.

Now my car is at custom bodykit workshop at Selayang Prima, waiting to be picked up this afternoon. Of course with new look. :proud:
wide body look?

vip look?

:driver:

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
bro please post the pic .
btw if got :nurse:good mechanic u can ask him to borrow ECU & TPS sensor to test it. before commit buy something to replace tat is not related item. will burn ur pocket lor.

medae

Jun 9, 2009
All bro's.. I've tried to adjust the TPS with try and error approach for different positions. Until now, the gear loose problem doesnt comes and the gear shift also improve slightly. Thank.

And this my Ceffy new look.

Attachments

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
happy to hear ur problem solve bro, btw nice body there :biggrin:

BeeJay

Aug 9, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Friends :wavey:,

-Am new here
-My car is experiencing identical problem as that experienced by Medae".
-Whilst the car is running, the gear fells as though it has moved to neutral :banghead:
-I understand the problem could be with TPS.
-Appreciate details as to where i can get this fixed (besides going to nissan)
-Many thanks

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Hi Friends :wavey:,

-Am new here
-My car is experiencing identical problem as that experienced by Medae".
-Whilst the car is running, the gear fells as though it has moved to neutral :banghead:
-I understand the problem could be with TPS.
-Appreciate details as to where i can get this fixed (besides going to nissan)
-Many thanks
Dear Bee Jay, Local Mechs would not adjust your TPS for you unless u know how to adjust it yourself. (with a multimeter - resistance). They will just ask you to replace the sensor . Or cheaper bring a mechanic friend to the chop shop and replace it , if it doesn't fix the problem just return to them. At least that what i did when i tested my ECU a long time ago.

Good luck with repairing your problem.

** Pls note that chop shop will not sell you the sensor only,as such you have to buy the whole throttlebody.

SB3.

Last edited:

BeeJay

Aug 9, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Dear SB3,

Greatly appreciate your valuable and quick response.

I have 2 more questions, if I may:
a. What should I do next if the TPS doesnt work/solve my problem?
b. Can u recommend a good workshop? I live in Bangsar South..or somewhere in setapak or Ampang will do fine.

Thanks buddy

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

New Year's Eve Celebration with DA FAT BASTARD!

TT session with DA FAT BASTARD @ Raydiance AutoSpa - Cafe - Event this 31st December 2008, 9pm onwards at Raydiance Cafe.

Perfect place to view fireworks from Sunway Pyramid.

10% off Meguiars product or detailing service and FREE autospa voucher for ALL attendees. EVERYONE welcome!

For info, please call 012-299 5499.

Cu soon!

For location map: http://www.raydiance.com.my

:marchmellow::beer:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience