Catalyst Converter..i'm new buddy here, need advise from all sifu here.

ipul_AE111

Feb 5, 2008
2 O2 sensor for BT? Is this normal? Can sifus enlighten as this is new for me as well. Or maybe the one at extractor is knock sensor??? :confused:
as levin818 said, at manifold is O2 sensor, at the cat con is exhaust temp sensor.
oso dunno what its for. should be hv some function for the engine, if not why japan design it with sensor.

ayathu

Feb 24, 2007
Hi Ipul

I went thru all you a going thru now. I did my swap back in 2009. from 1.34EFE m/t to BT.

Cat con remove by exhaust shop when change mid box before swap that time dono about it.

Same problem like sumbat, why because piping 1.6" for 1.3cc at first changed to 2.0" muffler use standard levin 20v,it improved the drivability.

but want to improve somemore, change to wheel to 14" 185/60/14 to 15" 195/55/15not much diff,

Change K&N filter, got better response, still not as good as 1.3 4EFE.

Than change fuel pump , now It seemed better response and nomore sumbat feeling. But felt engine very harsh and torque.

So get adjustable fuel pressure regulator set at 40psi(3bar) ,now feel the power comes more smooth.

but after two days become harsh, didnt no why, tought because of piping so go and change it at exss.
Than adjust ignition timing, vola..problem solved.

Each time change something I reset the ECU.
i takes at least 3days to get the optimum mapping.

Just do step by step dont rush, dono just ask. good luck.

ipul_AE111

Feb 5, 2008
Hi Ipul

I went thru all you a going thru now. I did my swap back in 2009. from 1.34EFE m/t to BT.

Cat con remove by exhaust shop when change mid box before swap that time dono about it.

Same problem like sumbat, why because piping 1.6" for 1.3cc at first changed to 2.0" muffler use standard levin 20v,it improved the drivability.

but want to improve somemore, change to wheel to 14" 185/60/14 to 15" 195/55/15not much diff,

Change K&N filter, got better response, still not as good as 1.3 4EFE.

Than change fuel pump , now It seemed better response and nomore sumbat feeling. But felt engine very harsh and torque.

So get adjustable fuel pressure regulator set at 40psi(3bar) ,now feel the power comes more smooth.

but after two days become harsh, didnt no why, tought because of piping so go and change it at exss.
Than adjust ignition timing, vola..problem solved.

Each time change something I reset the ECU.
i takes at least 3days to get the optimum mapping.

Just do step by step dont rush, dono just ask. good luck.
thanks bro share ur BT walkthru..
very usefull to me. ya la. i think the main problem is the fueling system la. not working nicely.
not the cat con problem.

bro, now u using what size of piping?
story lil bit about urs, from extractor till end. sound? how? very PRANGG..or WROO.. sound:biggrin:

ayathu

Feb 24, 2007
How much exss charge for your exhaust?
lkeong,
you should know its expensive, rm8++ from cat con to end muffler, extractor +down pipe ori,two mid box, piping 2" (end muffler ori levin one).
Its just he charging this much for his know how, I think.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

thanks bro share ur BT walkthru..
very usefull to me. ya la. i think the main problem is the fueling system la. not working nicely.
not the cat con problem.

bro, now u using what size of piping?
story lil bit about urs, from extractor till end. sound? how? very PRANGG..or WROO.. sound:biggrin:
Sound wise, after swap was using Toyota LE still like previous engine, than change to Nismo calsonic

staright flow 2"in 4"out piping 2.2"- sound damn garang but car moving nowhere.Than changed the

mid box to bullet type, but not much diff, later found out the shop install the bullet wrong direction, sound louder than before..very disapointing.

after that dicided go for standard Levin muffler, improved on FC and low end power. can hit 180km/h in no time. but still feel the sumbat effect, than install bigger fuel pump and works FPR sumbat problem solved.

Sound reduced when I replace the bullet with big mid box, itchy go change 2"piping and two mid box at exss. Now sound slightly louder than standard engine, no complains satisfied at last. Engine roaring above 3kRPM.

lkeong88

Nov 1, 2009
No wonder the boss driving subaru imprezza.
So now your extractor still original?

FPR is a good addon but if add on original, set too high will kill the fuel pump faster.

juz wanna know where 2 do dis air scoop?? or can i know who the owenr of dis car plz..so can ask him..hehe verry cun lar... thx