Castrol Edge Sport engine oil

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sakakida

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL
Hi guys,

need to seek some advice from everyone, i'm using this Castrol Edge Sport 10w60 for my GTT.

The oil work great and it really kept the oil tempeture low and if you do not have an oil cooler, this oil will help you on the highway :evil: till you get one (recommended to get an oil cooler if you love your car hahaha).

Ok let me get to the point, last week when i check my engine oil to see if the oil level and founded that my oil turn green :confused_smile:

Have anyone experince this before? i have send the sample to castrol and they said the oil looks fine and the oil lubricant is still working fine but it just the oil is green and they have no ideal about it.

i'm running on green engine now :confused_smile: maybe i can try using diesel hahahah

Last edited:

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
I`m into kind of lubricant business too. From my experience, a lot lubricant compny here will blend the oil in the same manufacturer. Different cmpny different addictive n color, most case the lub is mixing up wth the previous compny blend.

Quality wise of using it nt much effect, stick to the service due (eg:5000km) and frequently check the liquid concentration (thick or thin).

Supremus

Merchandise
Feb 19, 2004
What Kaminari said is true,

From what i was told,

Nismo lubricants are made by Motul

We will be doing a review on Motul lubricants early in March. stay tuned.

sakakida

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL
I have change my engine oil today to the same one which has turn green. The oil is kinda good for me so i'm giving it another try first before decide to change to other brand.

The lab test in Castrol said the oil is in its original condition and they can tell the oil is being used less then 1000km which is true. They also said the oil base was green and i don't know what they mix it with it become goldish color again. They said my oil might have mix with the old dirty oil and it become green.

Castrol recommended that if the last oil you were using is the normal mineral oil, it is good to do a engine flush first before changing to fully sync oil.

Kaminari,

Thanks for the info, i think what you said is pretty true i guess. If the manufacturer did one mistake and mix up the bottle with the rest, then buying a cheap brand might come with motul oil hahaha....

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
So ur changing frm mineral oil to fully sync wthout doing flushing?Yes u really need to do it. Nw understnd wht u means by turning into ugly green~
Yeah, ths blend manufacturer most probably could gve u cheap oil rather than expensive oil. I`m facing abt 5-10% ths kind of quality issue...so wht u thnk??~~ hahhaa

sakakida

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL
actually i have been using so many engine oil all this year, not really found any oil that is actually i can say the best of all but when come to oil, it will be very much depends on how you drive the car...

sakakida

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL
4 liter per bottle and don't have 1 liter pack.... RM145 but the SG Auto appointed by castrol can give us cheaper if we got numbers going there for service car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

Anyone know which type brand of spark plug cable is best for 4G93 GSR turbo.

Someone have using NGK spark plug cable ( blue colur )? how about performance and price ?

Thk
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience