cars and girls

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
wanted to share my experience with the age old myth. Carsand girls. A lot of people seems to subscribe to the idea that nice cars will help you to attract cun chicks. Me, I have never thought of it that way until when I'm about 19 or 20. I always love cars as it is, nothing else

Was like that for a while until I get into a discussion with a friend of mine. He was the first person to say that cars are really just to atract girls. Then I started to feel strange, because I've never felt like that. He also added that if I don't, I just might be gay. But he said it in a serious manner. Might have been all the things we've been consuming, but that made me feel very uncomfortable.

So for the next 2 years or so, I try to associate cars and girls as much as possible. And that getting a nice car is just to be cool and respected. I think I was cracked under the pressure of university life, and also a huge insecurity about my sexuality. I was really unhappy about being so shallow about cars, peer pressure does a lot of weird things to you. But I still do read up on the more technical side of motoring.

After my graduation, I got a few months of rest. During this time I get to think over this problem again. I've seen my fair share of sleepers during my time abroad and also meeting more matured car enthusiasts. It's not all about getting laid and being the flashy. Getting on magazine covers and winning shows are the reasons why people mod their cars. Same as smoking the other guy and winning races.

Maybe it's the process of what they call maturing. But at least that made me feel secured about my own sexuality. And now I'm happier and with my own mantra. Getting a nice car wouldn't get me a cun chick, but getting a cun chick definitely can't get me a nice car.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
So yeah that's how I view the realtionship between getting nice cars and getting cun chicks. Just have to let it out. care to share your views?

I'm not being homophobic, but everyone feels crappy when they have insecurities. Especially when you yourself felt that you stronglt are not. Sometimes those Agony Aunts are so biased.

Glocker

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
It's easier to get chicks if you have a car of your own, be it just a Kancil or Ferrari.

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
yeah, agree with Glocker as you get to travel around as you wish and at ease.. don't have to hurry around returning your ride or not being able to reach places you hope of going comfortably.. (there's always public transportation, but it's not always available as you wish and what more try getting on the LRT after office hours.. chaotic!)

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
But having a nice car won't secure you the girl. U drive a 330Ci AC Schnitzer with pimpin 19" wheels and cool ICE system... the thing is, you are just not smooth with words and dun know how to treat a lady rite. Juz one sincere ride, the next ones are just u being used.
A guy with a beat up Iswara (all that brushed off paintjob and dents with stock 13" wheels), having a gig with a voluptious chiq that belongs to Ferrari's passenger seat. How odd is that? It's ur personality, not ur ride that attracts the chiq. Car is just the bonus package.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
Hmmm....seems like you all agree to the view that the present is more important than the wrapping.

But then again, my mantra is 'Getting a nice car wouldn't get me a cun chick, but getting a cun chick definitely can't get me a nice car'. So I prioritise car before girls. And no, I didn't post this up because I just got dump by a girl :D

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
Hahaa this thread is cool man. I like the way u put it ModMaestro.

But dudeee.. I seriously didn't know why u felt insecured bout ur sexuality that time.. You could've just get a girl or just make sure that u're checking girls out instead of guys. Heheh! Hmm..

But Kopi said it all for me.

But having a nice car won't secure you the girl. U drive a 330Ci AC Schnitzer with pimpin 19" wheels and cool ICE system... the thing is, you are just not smooth with words and dun know how to treat a lady rite. Juz one sincere ride, the next ones are just u being used.
A guy with a beat up Iswara (all that brushed off paintjob and dents with stock 13" wheels), having a gig with a voluptious chiq that belongs to Ferrari's passenger seat. How odd is that? It's ur personality, not ur ride that attracts the chiq. Car is just the bonus package.
Truthfully, I don't think girls really notice your car. Unless u're driving a super nice car or something. Or the girls themselves are car enthusiasts.
They don't really care, I noticed most of my girl-friends (Not girlfriend) that sat my car before, well, there's this one situation.. You see, I have decals on my Hood.

So there was this girl that i went yamcha with few times before.. Then one time as we walking back to my car, she wanted to drive for fun.. So yeah ok. Then suddenly she was like .. "Eh? When u stick those stickers?" Hahahhahaaaa.. :p

I'm not earning my own pay yet, so I don't really have the money to do major mods to my ride's performance although i'm dying to do something. So right now, I can only go for the slight looks.. But hell, I won't want to stray into the ah-beng kind of looks. Ngek ngek ngekz. :D
Well, i basically don't care what people think.. You like wat I did it? Cool. You don't? You think i'm a poser? Whatever. Cause I sincerely like designing and the looks of cars. I may like modding too. But not everybody's rich.
I can't get a cool sports car. So I can only do wat I can. I don't show off. So, yeah. *shrug*

Aww, sh*t.. Sorry bro. Strayed off the topic. :p :p

Well, It's all personal interests la I believe.. :)
You wanna do it for the girls? Do it.
You wanna smoke people's ride? Do it.
You wanna do it for the "respect"? Do it.
You wanna win races? Do it.
It's all up to whether other people really care about what you're trying so hard to do, basing on most people's mentality.. You'll just get scorned sometimes, labelling you as "Show-Offs".

Don't give a sh*t about what other people think.

Life's too short-lah.

Ahhh yes.. I almost forgot.. We need money too. :D

Cheers.

Last edited:

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
blitzkid said:
But dudeee.. I seriously didn't know why u felt insecured bout ur sexuality that time.. You could've just get a girl or just make sure that u're checking girls out instead of guys. Heheh! Hmm..
blitzkid said:
well, we were using some shiitz back then, and were very drunk as well. :D plus,when you do something to your car, you probably ask the opinions of your buddies. which in my case happens to be guys. well I didn't have a car then, but it's the same when you have an idea/say/inspiration about a car or just about anything else.

and yeah, you respect me I respect you.

And blitz, seems like someone is paying attention to you and what's around you. And in my experience, girls wouldn't just ask to test drive your car for fun. Know what I mean :D

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
ModMaestro said:
And blitz, seems like someone is paying attention to you and what's around you. And in my experience, girls wouldn't just ask to test drive your car for fun. Know what I mean :D
Hahahaha.. Cool.. The days where you were still young and carefree I suppose.. Drinking is bad! Bwahahaaa.. :D .. Oh.. Err. :p

Aiyarkk bro don't say liddet laa.. You got me thinking about her already. Ahhhhhhhh! Dangz. :p

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
hey blitz, I'm not that old le. same age as you, according to your profile.

hehehe. so she must be something special huh?muahahaha. I bet if you look at the sticker of your car, you'll immediately think about her. ;)

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
getting a nice car to drive is something like getting urself a branded clothes to put on... gals do like when guys look smart... so mayb gals will associate that with cars... its because cars represents our social status... who wouldn't know which guy is richer when one is driving a kancil and another one driving a ferrari...

cars are like guys' clothing.. they reflect our image... :)
too bad i dont have so much money to buy that kinda 'clothes'...

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
ModMaestro said:
hey blitz, I'm not that old le. same age as you, according to your profile.

hehehe. so she must be something special huh?muahahaha. I bet if you look at the sticker of your car, you'll immediately think about her. ;)
Ohh you are?? Whoops.. Sorry. Thought i read somewhere that you're working or something.. Or maybe it was one of the DIY forums? I forgot.

WEihhhhhhhhhhh dude!! Don't laaa psychology me!! Hahahahaa.. She has a bf already-lah now.. Mercy!! :D
Naw.. She was just a close friend..

Skywalker : Yeah some girls i guess.. But some don't mind just getting a ride and go around.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
blitzkid said:
WEihhhhhhhhhhh dude!! Don't laaa psychology me!! Hahahahaa.. She has a bf already-lah now.. Mercy!! :D
Naw.. She was just a close friend...
hehehehe, I am a psychology graduate y'know. Got BF don't mean it's set in stone. We're still young, so who knows. Like you said, some girls don't mind just getting a ride and go around. muahahaha

No offence, just joking. And don't go breaking them up and all, that is bad. :p

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
ModMaestro said:
hehehehe, I am a psychology graduate y'know. Got BF don't mean it's set in stone. We're still young, so who knows. Like you said, some girls don't mind just getting a ride and go around. muahahaha

No offence, just joking. And don't go breaking them up and all, that is bad. :p
Mwahahahaa.. No man I don't wanna do that. :) Unless maybe she... Oh sh*t stop it. HAHAA! :D

Dude do u study Psychology in HELP?
Oh wait.. U're already graduated..

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
frankly, sometimes driving a nice car will repel good quality girls... and attract blood sucking bitches... unless u're out for fucks, get a nice cun car...

-Disclaimer- not applicable to me.. .heheehe... my gf was with me even before i got my toys..

eddie

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
BLaCkHoWLiNG said:
frankly, sometimes driving a nice car will repel good quality girls... and attract blood sucking bitches... unless u're out for fucks, get a nice cun car...

-Disclaimer- not applicable to me.. .heheehe... my gf was with me even before i got my toys..

same applies for me too.... i wasnt driving my beemer when i 1st met my gf.......

jeffblazed

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
BLaCkHoWLiNG said:

TRUE LAH BRO........WITH COOL CAR CAN GET 1NIGHTSTAND ONLY .....BUT BY USING THE LRT......U CAN GET GOOD QUALITY GIRLS.........SO USE BOTH....now likethat lah bro...got gf from using putra to work......got screwed by sluts by parking cars in front of clubs.......

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
I think u need to find new friends.

Cars are a hobby... chiqs are a desire...

Driving a nice car to attract chiqs will get u the wrong kind of company.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
alvin,

haven't seen that 'friend' for a long time, and my companies now are not that shallow. :D

To me car is life, while girls are hobby ;)

And to the replies so far, eveyone seems to incline on the thinking that it's what inside that counts. Good, good. keep it up.

blitz,

nah, I didn't study psychology in HELP. Got my degree oversea. But why? Your lady friend's studying there?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I received an urgent call ...to detail an UDM ..... putting aside all my other agenda...off I go..travelling about 50 KM at 7 am

upon arrival......looking at my favourite White on Bimmer ............ classy ...classic white Chariot

the owner particular request for a more detail interior job more than anything

good looking ...ultimte ride

WARNING!!!!!!!!! pls scroll down at your own...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience