Carburetor Section

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
bro skywalker,
wat do u mean by float inside damaged? does this mean i need 2 change the carb??

reading through the threads, i realize v can replace a carb wif weber.. wud like to noe if anyone got use weber for toyota 4af engine.. wud like some feedback.. do i need 2 strengthen the internals and can d engine take d torture of weber? besides the weber and manifold wat else is needed?

Finally, is it a worth while investment?? cuz from wat i read from the threads, weber is truly fun...

P:S looking towards a DCNF or DGAV (correct me if im wrong ) cuz i heard DCOE is more 4 track application. thank u.

Bump: bro skywalker,
wat do u mean by the float inside damaged? does tat mean i hav 2 replace d carb??

i'm not sure if ur carburetor float is repairable... float in the carb is a thing dat controls the carb from overflowing with petrol.... it has a pre-filled fuel section which has a float to prevent it from overflow.... this part is needed so ur fuel jet has constant supply of fuel....

yes... all carburetor engine can use weber carburetor... its jz swapping in another carburetor, TUNE IT, and off u go... well, of coz it is much more complicated than it looks...

first and foremost, u need to find approx the right size carburetor for ur engine displacement... second, u need to fabricate the adaptor which fits ur carburetor to ur intake manifold.... third and the most important, fine tuning it so it will work well with ur engine so much so it will give reasonable horsepower and fuel consumption....

for most single downdraft carburetors application (applies for weber, solex, mikuni, aisan, etc...) u dont need to replace ur intake manifold as most oem intake manifold is designed for downdraft carbs....

but if u wanna fit a sidedraft twin dcoe weber in ur engine, u need to change the intake manifold....

more commonly, single weber (dcnf or dgv) is good for street use.... of coz twin weber dcoe can also be applied to street cars.... jz that single weber is less forgiving and offers better fuel consumption compare to twin carbs.... not to mention, single carb is alwiz cheaper than twin carbs...

The 4G91 Carb actually is a feedback carb which is controlled by ECM and o2 sensor. So it's not easy to tune it properly without the ECM and sensor, the only thing can be done is using a rpm relay to trigger the secondary solenoid at certain rpm to provide more fuel in AFR. If tuned properly it's performance and fc is better than the ori proton carb.:stupid:

bro skywalker and bro propipping,
thanks 4 d advice again..... everyone here has truly been a big help...

another noob question here.. wats d difference btwn DCNF and DGV? DCNF is 40 and DGV is 32/36.. tats wat i found out in the internet but am really confuse.. wat are d numbers and how does it affect performance? wats the market price 4 DCNF and DGV? thank u...

The number code in Weber Carb is actually the venturi/choke size in mm. The bigger the size the more volume of fuel can goes in, but bigger doesnt always better, bigger venturi also need more suction power/higher rpm to vaporise the fuel, so it depends on your applications.

As for DGV 32/36, this model called progressive carb, it has 2 venturi/choke, primary is 32mm and secondary 36mm, have 2 sets of jetting as well, so you can tune it more versatile, this model giving good balance in fuel economy and power.

any turbo kit available for carburator??? for 4g15 magma
no...

another noob question here.. wats d difference btwn DCNF and DGV? DCNF is 40 and DGV is 32/36.. tats wat i found out in the internet but am really confuse.. wat are d numbers and how does it affect performance? wats the market price 4 DCNF and DGV? thank u...

ayell sifoo answer u adi....

bro ayell,
thanks for d explanation...

would like opinion from all. after listening to all the advice, im sure now, that a single weber would b my choice if i decide to change my carb.. Since my engine is a toyota 4af 1.6, would like to noe which carb, DCNF or DGV would suit bttr.. I love touge and would like to try track driving in the future... pls advice me on which weber shud i go 4... i also read from the net that DGV suits bttr 4 car wif 1.3-1.5cc. How true is this?

A fren has offered to sell his DGAV(without tapak) for rm450.. is the price reasonable?? and wats d diff btwn DGV and DGAV.. more more noob ques.. got DGNV weber??

PS: thanks 4 all d advice... everyone here has been truly helpful.

Last edited:
The 4G91 Carb actually is a feedback carb which is controlled by ECM and o2 sensor. So it's not easy to tune it properly without the ECM and sensor, the only thing can be done is using a rpm relay to trigger the secondary solenoid at certain rpm to provide more fuel in AFR. If tuned properly it's performance and fc is better than the ori proton carb.:stupid:

oh??? i thought that 4g91 carb is like normal carb system, i no saw b4 carb with ECU

Bump:
the turbo kit is easy to make but when it comes to carb it's little difficult to get a correct setting bcoz it use fuel jet inside...

so i need to change other carb???

bro ayell,
thanks for d explanation...

would like opinion from all. after listening to all the advice, im sure now, that a single weber would b my choice if i decide to change my carb.. Since my engine is a toyota 4af 1.6, would like to noe which carb, DCNF or DGV would suit bttr.. I love touge and would like to try track driving in the future... pls advice me on which weber shud i go 4... i also read from the net that DGV suits bttr 4 car wif 1.3-1.5cc. How true is this?

A fren has offered to sell his DGAV(without tapak) for rm450.. is the price reasonable?? and wats d diff btwn DGV and DGAV.. more more noob ques.. got DGNV weber??

PS: thanks 4 all d advice... everyone here has been truly helpful.

i would suggest u DCNF as i'd previously had experience with DGV... DGV carburetors are progressive carburettor... more suitable for normal cruise and highway drive... not too excellent throttle response compare to DCNF.... DCNF carburetors are linear carbs... means both barrel opens at the same time.... unlike DGV (progressive carbs) which opens one after another....

last time i sold off my weber DGV complete tapak for rm350 only... haha... but weber carburetor prices varies alot depending on what seller offers (air filter n tapak) and condition of the carburetor... in most case halfcut webers are much cheaper....

and commonly DCNF are abit more expensive compare to DGV as they are more popular....

beware of what tapak ur friend offer to u... when he says comes with tapak doesnt mean fit ur engine intake manifold, unless u and him using the same kinda engine.... tapak is jz a aloi block which connects ur weber carburetor to ur intake manifold.... in other words, tapak means adaptor...

go straight to dcnf....you won't regret it...

Bump:
oh??? i thought that 4g91 carb is like normal carb system, i no saw b4 carb with ECU

Bump:

so i need to change other carb???

4g91 does use ecu for it's carb:rofl:...for easy tuning for turbo carb i advise to use dcnf webber as it have many size of jet to suit the turbo setup...:biggrin:

go straight to dcnf....you won't regret it...

Bump:

4g91 does use ecu for it's carb:rofl:...for easy tuning for turbo carb i advise to use dcnf webber as it have many size of jet to suit the turbo setup...:biggrin:

bro, can u list for me for mod in turbo kit for 4g15 magma??? how much is the cost??? tq

morning bros..

i send my car for check at 2 shops bcoz of the jerking i experienced during driving, both of them said its bcoz of the carb.. need to service due to holes in there tersumbat.. and they say the jerking is not bcoz of the cable faulty..

is true bros? can service meh 4g91 carb?

Bros, where can i send my carb for service? and they'll do a nice job for me..

Thanks bros..

dsc01310.jpg

Wiring for 4G91 carb:rofl:

Bump:
dsc01310.jpg

Wiring for 4G91 carb:rofl:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom