Car windows tint = house windows tint?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

candyoff

May 31, 2006
Dear all

I wish to tint my house's windows.
Is it I can find car's windows tint shop?
Please advices

Regards

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
eh tinting house windows is not cheap and not expensive than car

cause house windows easy to do than car

i think about RM40 for 1 window (size not sure)

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
Dear candyoff,

Basically,tinting film for vehicles or house usage is almost the same.The main purpose for car tinting is to filter off the UV ray and also heat reduction..On top of that,nowadays...car tinting is also used as a car exterior fashion thing..

Tinting for homes are more for heat ruduction and also to prevent outsiders to view inside....for homes,no matter wat tinting film u r using,the interior of ur house is easily seen in the night....

*the difference is because normal house windows are just normal single layer glass,where else vehicles has reflective glass.....

so there are a few options for ur home dear candyoff, either to tint it with those mirror based tinting that only works in day..and them shut the window with blinds at night...or if u dun want to look outside at the same time dun wan outsiders to see u...u may use stickers...similar to tinting but its not clear...u can have tempered glass effect or either totally sealed effect...

for cars...usually we chose those 50%~70% because it is still visible....

all txt above are just my 2cents...

me noob noob nia..

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
sorry..forgot to state...

for home use tinting...they calculate by per foot run wan lo.....so its better to measure in inches..and ask them to cut it according to the size u need....

for cars right..ussually the price is like wat other taiko stated...rm 30 ~ rm 40 per car side window...for the full windscreen..should be around rm 70 ~ rm 100... (prices are just for revision)

candyoff

May 31, 2006
woh...
thanks for all the inputs....
I will ask around tint shop.
You guys rocks....

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
there is one very good tint film shop aronud KDU damansara utama...

dunno called aimac or so...ask for josephine...she has a wide range of film...happy tinting

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I called up Tint Shoppe in USJ to tint my office windows. They actually have quite a wide range of non-can tints. In fact, twice coz we shifted office the second time, and we called them up again.

But my boss doesn't want any of those reflective, color tint. He just wants a dark blue tint. At the end, we spent only about RM300+ if not mistaken for the whole door and window frame. That is like some 15 feet by 10 feet worth of tints. Very reasonable in my opinion.

When you go to Brothers or some accessories shop to tint the upper part of the windscreen for sun shade purpose, it will easily cost you like RM30. Just imagine the whole front window and door of my office only cost RM300+.

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
I DIYed for my house..i think they sell Per Feet or metre...i dont remember how much it was..but it was cheap..i got 100% tint for my house..as JPJ wont ask me to remove those...ahahah

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
You could actually get the cheaper ones for your home too. No point getting VKool, unless you have loads of money to splash. Those super black ones or even mirror finish ones are ok. But i reckon the mirror finish ones on your house look too Beng.