Car took 4-8 secs to start

blippy

Nov 20, 2004
Hi All,

I own a perdana with 6a12tt engine. Recently I involved in an accident and claim insurance to fix it. Now after got my car, I notice it just took significantly longer time to start. Despite it took like a 4-8 secs cranking, it is still able to start without fail. For your info, I've e-manage blue installed. Is it because of e-manage already lost the settings due to long time (1 month +) without battery? Btw, after it start, there are no issue with idling, acceleration, boost and etc. Everything just run fine to me. Battery also checked btw and it was OK. Appreciate if anybody can point out what could have had cause this problem.

thank you.

MingFai

Known Member
Apr 18, 2010
P.J Jln Gasing
Few question...
*Accident side is Front or back?
*turbo blade got jam?
*cheak plugs

blippy

Nov 20, 2004
Accident damage was front lower part and most of undercarriage. Turbo blades I havent check yet but boost is still normal without problem / noticeable lag. Spark plugs are still OK. Any clues on how to troubleshoot?

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

try to retune your emanage 1st......
could be starter problem aso.
yes. I'm thinking to check the emanage whether its been zerorise due to no power supply for a long time. But I thought emanage's rom doenst need power supply to retain the settings once its being written/programmed?

blippy

Nov 20, 2004
Thanks Danz for your input. As for the emanage I can confirm it is original as it was bought from reputable tuner in sunway.
Today I found out after driving the car out and switch it off, the fpr gauge return to 0 immediately. Usually it takes quite a while before return to 0. Tried switching on without cranking, the fpr still stay at 0. After crank and then engine started fpr show at about 3 bar. Is my fpr kong already? or fuel pump problem? anybody know how to do simple check before i'm going to get advise from pomen?

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Thanks Danz for your input. As for the emanage I can confirm it is original as it was bought from reputable tuner in sunway.
Today I found out after driving the car out and switch it off, the fpr gauge return to 0 immediately. Usually it takes quite a while before return to 0. Tried switching on without cranking, the fpr still stay at 0. After crank and then engine started fpr show at about 3 bar. Is my fpr kong already? or fuel pump problem? anybody know how to do simple check before i'm going to get advise from pomen?

blippy

Nov 20, 2004
Anybody know what could have had cause this problem? highly appreciate any pointers..

1.Key on, engine off = FPR stay at zero (No pressure?)
2.Cranks then engine on = FPR at 3 bar
3. Shut off, engine off = FPR immediately goes to zero (suppose it slowly down to zero right?)

Is my FPR gone bad?

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
I think it is due to your FPR, I have the same problem after installing an FPR. It will take a few cranks from the starter motor before the engine will start, only thing is it might drain the battery a lot quicker..meaning u have to change the battery like once a year..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if yr using fpr then i think thats the problem..the setting already lari...but i dun have much info bout it...cos i dont use it :(
sorry bro.....get yr foreman to check it bro..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is the camber on the Myvi adjusted through a horizontal camber bolt threaded through the strut and wheel knuckle?

Does the factory stock camber bolt for the Myvi allow any adjustments? And if it does, how many degrees? I prefer going back to a stock part for more reliability.

If I need to get an aftermarket camber bolt, what is a good quality brand?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience