Car Radiator

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Guys, i'm curious that some experts or even bawah pokok technician claim that aluminum alloy radiator is NOT suitable to use on coolant and water mixture. But then i can see (my stock car running OEM aluminum radiator) comes with coolant. This matter confuse me alot and i even argue with some of my fellow frens. So anyone who suffers from this matter do drop by n have a discussion here. Thx guys!!

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
u oredi stated there, the "Under Tree Mech"... why u still bother the answer from them>>??
if those fren argue with u, they must be born b4 1920yrs...

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Those frens is from the perodua gang lar jin kor, but seriously this matter bothers me. Some say aluminum can ( OEM cars ) some say kenot ( radiator dealers ) Duno next time change Koyo twin later that time can use or not .......

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
Erm wat car u sue for alumium radiator?perodua come with aluminium radiator?i wana change my kenari with aluminium radiator as like koyo de so izit in market got sell?can i know the cost of it?

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
there's one guy in ZTH market place selling it at quite a reasonable price, u can try look for it at marketplace.....

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Those frens is from the perodua gang lar jin kor, but seriously this matter bothers me. Some say aluminum can ( OEM cars ) some say kenot ( radiator dealers ) Duno next time change Koyo twin later that time can use or not .......
no matter where there from... told them to eat as many shit as they can la...:proud::proud::proud::proud:

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Don't say like that, open discussion only.... No rite or wrong !! U can do this in your 'eye's needle' thread lar

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
1st time hear aluminium radiator coolant cant mix with water?:banghead:
no logic to think like that....

Last edited:

evolution9682

Known Member
Feb 9, 2008
Jz sharing my experience,dun use 1.3kg radiator cap to stock radiator or aftermarket aluminium radiator that come with 1.1kg...will cause ur radiator leak quickly bcz the higher press.U c why HKS come out the red colour 1.1kg radiator cap,not 1.3kg?Unless ur radiator come with a 1.3kg radiator cap as a package like koyo,mishimoto,bla bla bla...

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
The mechanic is partly right. But he does not have the tech backing on his words. There are coolants that are corrosive on aluminum. I remember last time there was specific coolant for aluminum tanks or aluminum safe coolant.

But most Ethyl Glycol is aluminum safe. What i can tell you is green color coolant (the old one) is corrosive. The red or orange one is the latest one. The red one can be fround in perodua OEM, Toyota and Prestone. The blue one from Peak is also the latest one.

But just stay away from those el cheapo coolants please.

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
I once heard somebody mentioning about coolant containing ethylene glychol. Thanks for the info bro !!

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
got those racing use wan radiator for kenari?u intro me tat is look like normal wan i wan all like aluminium wan...izit got or not?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

I've recently decided i'm not happy with the power my Evo 8 MR is making, its currently running about 320 at the wheels (although there is an issue with a lazy tappet causing it to only run at 280). I'm running high cams, straight through exhaust, blow off valve etc... I want to squeeze some more power out of the car with simple and cheap (but effective) mods. I don't want to go spending alot of money on the car and i can't run higher boost (1.8) as this has been done before and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience