Car not overheating, but water overflow to spare tank

xxparehxx

Aug 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all airtreker...
I'm from K.L and I drove a humble NA trek
being haunted with this problem..
already replaced the radiator to D&D coz the old one just explode/leaking when i reach home
lucky me the car is not overheat that time coz i saw the water rushing from my hood and immediately
turn off the engine....
currently the temp gauge indicate my engine temp is ok....but when came out from the car u can feel the heat came from the engine..is there is a problem with my ride??... hope all sifu here cant help me to resolve the matter and if can just just roughly estimate out how much it will cost me...
Thank in advance...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Bro, feeling the heat from the engine when you came out of the car is normal for any car. My question for you, was it LESS HEAT last time as compared to now?

Water temp in the dash is not accurate. By the time it goes pass the normal range, water temp has soar above 105c. Get a external water guage that can easily plugs into your OBDII port.

WHen you said water overflow to spare tank, you need to check if your radiator cap is faulty. There's a spring rate which is usually 0.5-0.6 bar before it opens to allow water to flow thru. Is your radiator dry when it's cooled down?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
radiator cap and perhaps your thermostat also stuck and sumbat already...try check both

xxparehxx

Aug 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Sifu stutzedward..
first of all thank for the information..
1. I just compare to the wira 1.5.:biggrin:. that the main reason that i said that ( just own the trek...newbie here...)
2. Thank you for the suggestion...will try to get the external temp. gauge.. how much it will cost me?? can i do it at grand master ah wah kinrara..??
3. My radiator cap is rate at 1.1 bar and the water in the radiator is not dry when it cooled down coz the water from the spare tanked sucked back into the radiator..
4gbanger & ^pomen_GTR^
thank you sifu for the tunjuk ajar....
will get the external water gauge and check the thermostat together with radiator cap..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I have Shadow digital water temp meter with speed and voltage function. It's around rm350 from D'Garage at Sunway. It has online store here in ZTH. Connects thru obd II port. No wiring cuts. Plug n pay.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I have Shadow digital water temp meter with speed and voltage function. It's around rm350 from D'Garage at Sunway. It has online store here in ZTH. Connects thru obd II port. No wiring cuts. Plug n pay.
I want to ask. Sorry TS tumpang thread.
OBD II, any bluetooth transmitter can be used? And to be connected to any devices?
WindowsPhone, Android, iPhone... etcs.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I want to ask. Sorry TS tumpang thread.
OBD II, any bluetooth transmitter can be used? And to be connected to any devices?
WindowsPhone, Android, iPhone... etcs.
Yes, as long as your car outputs obdii signals, any Bluetooth or wifi dongle can be used. Tonnes of applications available too.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Buy a cheap 7 inch Android. Or any tablet. Free shipping, RM150 under.
eBay many but it seems like those cheap tablet doesn't have a bluetooth receiver/transmitter built in?
I tried to find OBD2 to mini USB(phones, tabs...) on eBay, don't have.
And am still wondering if i use the usb to mini usb adapter, will it work or not.
Any users can recommend?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, im changing a metal gasket should i skim the engine head and block with a thin layer ??

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Bump, help plsss.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience