Car mountings

GSR5559

one more way to maintain mountings from getting condemn offenly is ,stop dragging ur car..no more racing racing for u..haha..

vestax: wah..DIY har..as i know the mounting ur holding is those stock ones..there is another type of mounting which is all covered..there wont be any gap in between..if im not mistaken it is RAlli art brand..jus my 2 cents..one of them cost around RM 2++

vestax

Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
yup stock ones , where can afford to buy branded stuff mah , anyway ralliart mounts is solid mounts or izzit still rubber ?. if its solid then hell no i`ll use it on a daily driven car .

sonictheory

Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
mouting is the tok tok sound at the back somewhere near suspension ar?...sorry for my ignorance...but my car seems like suffering from the tok tok tok sound at the back (somewhere near suspension, i tot was patah the suspension) when i hit the pothole o fetching many ppl...anyone know what problem is it?...

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
Originally posted by vestax@Sep 29 2004, 11:07

i stuffed in some rubber sealent so it will make the mounts harder & stronger .
some people stuff metal in or pvc pipes so that it will last longer .
shit....i've juz changed it 2day....should come back 2 view ZTH 1st...arrgghhh <_<

zronix

Jul 19, 2004
haha, yong... same thing here, should have just check ZTH 1st for any tips .. sigh. maybe the next time can do this 1st.

vestax,
how long does the rubber sealant take to dry up?? any update on the GB??

gti88

Originally posted by sonictheory@Dec 13 2004, 04:50
mouting is the tok tok sound at the back somewhere near suspension ar?...sorry for my ignorance...but my car seems like suffering from the tok tok tok sound at the back (somewhere near suspension, i tot was patah the suspension) when i hit the pothole o fetching many ppl...anyone know what problem is it?...
what they're talking about is engine mounting, the ones that are used to support the engine.

whatdamn

Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
ur tok tok sound could be ur suspension either has leaked out kau kau or basically needs to be fully serviced again. (i think)

but definitely nothing to do with engine mountings UNLESS ur car is an MR or MF(do they make these?) which i doubt la.

badguy

Jun 15, 2004
where to buy the rubber sealent??????????

my one i think also kong liao!!!

have to change all 4???

badguy

Jun 15, 2004
that's good
but can we install to new mounting???

ninja_iga

Dec 1, 2003
Originally posted by sonictheory@Dec 13 2004, 04:50
sounds like your suspension, (shock absorber/damper) is bottoming out.

cheapest solution:
fetch less weight at the rear.

proper solution:
change the rear shocks to a reputable brand. NEW only!

hie guys..

i have this prob long time ago but left it untouched until i tot of it lately..

u know.. wiras with proton stock alarm will have a blinking LED when de alarm is armed. So when i 1st got my car.. i changed the LED to blue wan.. but not long after dat.. now its not blinking anymore.. i mean no light at all..

i have checked.. its not de LED not functioning... so anyone here know wats de prob ah? where is de stock alarm unit? anyone deal with this prob b4?