Car jerking:help...helpp..

wild_boost

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
Dear all ,

today i change walbro(GSS342) fuel pump for my BPT engine.
the problem is my car start jerking( feel like power braking) when i want to apply sudden throttle. need to throttle slowly and when turbo start to spin , the problem come again.

My car setup are::burnout:

1.BPT Engine
2.210 injector ( fitted today also during walbro installation)
3.Fuel Regulator (sard)
4.VF10 turbine,

that all basicly my current mod. Any of the problem above related to my current pressure regulator setting? my current setting is 38psi... it this too high??:hmmmm:

Anyone have any idea what is pressure setting for my regulator reffering to my car setup above?

DO we need to pull off vacum hose on top on regulator during adjusting the pressure for regulator?

currently i hook up vacum hose for regulator directly from manifold ( a hole near injector which is normally hook up to pressure regulator solenoid ).currently i'm not using pressure regulator solenoid.

Thanks and Regards:adore:

lozo

500 RPM
Sep 26, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
for stock BPT, the fuel pressure is between 38-46 psi (vacuum hose off). hmm, sounds like minyak tak sampai

Last edited:

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
not sure it is cause by the injector because the ohm for BPT and BPD is different. U should need a fuel management like SAFC or ...etc to fine tune ur fuel. Maybe it is a good idea to inspect ur plug ;)

wild_boost

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
Dear Lozo and ongdennis,:adore:

Thanks for the advise, my problem solved now.. i drop my regulator pressure from 38psi to 30psi ( reading when hose vacum connected).

now i can throttle without the problem.. try to find safc to fine tune the fuel mixture.

lozo

500 RPM
Sep 26, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
wild boost, do you plug the 210 injectors directly ? because i was told that the resistance between 180 and 210 injectors are different ..

still not clear about this matter ar..haish

maskulinB8

Known Member
Jun 9, 2004
PJS one
Visit site
Wild Boost,

Did the walbro still not working? I thinks the socket connecting to fuel pump have problem, pls check the relay also.

gud luck.

wild_boost

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
Wild Boost,

Did the walbro still not working? I thinks the socket connecting to fuel pump have problem, pls check the relay also.

gud luck.

:hmmmm: .. of course the pump still working maaa..by the way, who r u maskulin? where u from? r u the remarkable blue BG in sepang drag race?:adore:

maskulinB8

Known Member
Jun 9, 2004
PJS one
Visit site
:hmmmm: .. of course the pump still working maaa..by the way, who r u maskulin? where u from? r u the remarkable blue BG in sepang drag race?:adore:

Good laa u bro, the incoming ground cable not connected rite? I assume the pump spoilt coz for sure I need to get new replacement from ss racing maa... Hahahaa
Bro who's the blue BG in SDB, I also not recognize him yet?:proud:

afahmi

Mar 23, 2006
Dear Lozo and ongdennis,:adore:

Thanks for the advise, my problem solved now.. i drop my regulator pressure from 38psi to 30psi ( reading when hose vacum connected).

now i can throttle without the problem.. try to find safc to fine tune the fuel mixture.
hi,
i just about to advise u to reduce the fuel pressure.i also experienced the same problem when i had "direct wiring" to my mr2 fuel pump...jerking when want to full throttle..at first i set it to 38 psi..i use this setting almost 1 year[my FC damn teruk]..and this month i went to dyno and guess wat..my car runing too rich..my a/f ratio for rpm 2.5 and above = all under 10..even the graph cannot show the a/f anymore bcoz too rich..after dyno,my pressure also same like you 30 psi..but somehow my boost has been reduce from 0.72 to 0.69..i guess the tuner bring it down a bit to get the optimum result..

Last edited:

wild_boost

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
Good laa u bro, the incoming ground cable not connected rite? I assume the pump spoilt coz for sure I need to get new replacement from ss racing maa... Hahahaa
Bro who's the blue BG in SDB, I also not recognize him yet?:proud:

the ground cable connected BUT after a while the cable 'stop' supplying the -ve current maybe because the stock cable ready to 'kaput'.:stupid:
i spend 4 hours tracing the problem maaaaa..until midnite,,,alone..in the dark and accompany by mosquito and 'memberom' in my ears... :bawling:

Now my new ground cable thickness diameter is almost same the size as your nose hole.:proud: ...

walbro pump quite noisy lor...even stay outside can hear also...but that not a problem maa as long as my radio still function..:proud:

wild_boost

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
hi,
i just about to advise u to reduce the fuel pressure.i also experienced the same problem when i had "direct wiring" to my mr2 fuel pump...jerking when want to full throttle..at first i set it to 38 psi..i use this setting almost 1 year[my FC damn teruk]..and this month i went to dyno and guess wat..my car runing too rich..my a/f ratio for rpm 2.5 and above = all under 10..even the graph cannot show the a/f anymore bcoz too rich..after dyno,my pressure also same like you 30 psi..but somehow my boost has been reduce from 0.72 to 0.69..i guess the tuner bring it down a bit to get the optimum result..
wow...almost one year wif high fuel consumption? peh...if i like that maybe bankrupt oledi...:proud: ..
your problem is not proper setting of fuel regulator i guess...
dont afraid to boost up ur boost pressure as long you got fuel regulator,good fuel pump and good tuner...:proud:

my standard boost same as yours... scare to up until can find good tuner to set it up..

maskulinB8

Known Member
Jun 9, 2004
PJS one
Visit site
the ground cable connected BUT after a while the cable 'stop' supplying the -ve current maybe because the stock cable ready to 'kaput'.:stupid:
i spend 4 hours tracing the problem maaaaa..until midnite,,,alone..in the dark and accompany by mosquito and 'memberom' in my ears... :bawling:

Now my new ground cable thickness diameter is almost same the size as your nose hole.:proud: ...

walbro pump quite noisy lor...even stay outside can hear also...but that not a problem maa as long as my radio still function..:proud:
Amazing experiance to yr b8 life bro, as i concern that all the mosquito is parts of your families, hehe
Noisy means power la bro, ignore the sound coz your expensive USB radio really cut me oledi :proud: hehehe.. So lucky u bro, hope the HP will increase soon...

I've mms to our "boh Ysn" so get the pic from him in order to help me on the "project of protege".:listen:

wild_boost

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
Amazing experiance to yr b8 life bro, as i concern that all the mosquito is parts of your families, hehe
Noisy means power la bro, ignore the sound coz your expensive USB radio really cut me oledi :proud: hehehe.. So lucky u bro, hope the HP will increase soon...

I've mms to our "boh Ysn" so get the pic from him in order to help me on the "project of protege".:listen:

he he he...sound very sarcastic maaa..like i said before 'saya dah biasa dihina':bawling:
after all,that was amazing and 'near death' experience for me maa...:proud: ..
learn thro' the hard way....

currently me 'gi kelaut' and after return to hard ground ,then i will met ysn . we all here will help what ever we can maaa....:driver:

Last but not least, next time please make sure you're speaking with your 'bahasa ibunda' when talking to us...really difficult for us kampung boys to under your language:proud:

maskulinB8

Known Member
Jun 9, 2004
PJS one
Visit site
he he he...sound very sarcastic maaa..like i said before 'saya dah biasa dihina':bawling:
after all,that was amazing and 'near death' experience for me maa...:proud: ..
learn thro' the hard way....

currently me 'gi kelaut' and after return to hard ground ,then i will met ysn . we all here will help what ever we can maaa....:driver:

Last but not least, next time please make sure you're speaking with your 'bahasa ibunda' when talking to us...really difficult for us kampung boys to under your language:proud:
Hahaha.. Orait, Noted bro. Remember 31 May is sepang drag battle round 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

bergezut

Known Member
Sep 4, 2004
hai all sifu here....i also have experience jerk when rich to 3k rpm untill 4 rpm when hard footer...this problem came when i install wesgate and my foremen up my boost to 1.1 bar...previously i boost is 0.9bar ...i using SAFC to setting the fuel setting but still happen..i setting at SAFC fuel under high dan low the fuel setting still same...when wanna setup my regulator to high the presure is not up..but it working when down the presure ..currently my fuel regulator presure is 43psi...i using gto fuel pump...hoppefully all sifu here can give advice.TQ

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

NEW F1 RACE CAR, NEW CONCEPT

BUT ONE THING REMAINS…

Petaling Jaya, 30 March 2007 – Honda Racing F1 Team on Monday 26th February unveiled a radical new approach to Formula One. Honda’s new race car for 2007’s season was revealed at a ceremony in London’s Natural History Museum...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience