car insurance question

RedDevil

Known Member
Jul 26, 2006
i am going to buy my 1st car and it's going to cost me RM100k. i am planning to insure 90K only and i want to ask how much is the 1 year car insurance i need to pay for the 1st year? I heard its pretty costly. I want to know how much they calculate for someone who never bought a car before. Thanks.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
what is yr car engine capacity? 1.8, 2.0, 2.2 or 2.5?
then only we could help u to calculate....

RedDevil

Known Member
Jul 26, 2006
what is yr car engine capacity? 1.8, 2.0, 2.2 or 2.5?
then only we could help u to calculate....
ops....it's a 2.0L car. sorry for missing the info

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Hi guys,
Can tumpang this thread to ask some questions regarding insurance as well?
I think it could be helpful to RedDevil as well.
Whats the recommended insurance company for the time being?
My main priority is free towing and easy to claim.
Currently using Kurnia and gotta say the towing system sucks a$$.
Thinking of going American Home but heard in the US they are dying.
Any other insurance company to recommend?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
i was using uniasia and i have been pretty happy with it.tow service good..claim fast..workshops love them.

but beware if your car proton...cause recently i heard that all car insurance..if it has this code on your policy 01...then your proton cant repair at any other workshop besides EON.becareful bro's.

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
Hi, there is actually an online calculator for this,
Autoworld - Private Car Motor Insurance Quotation.
The most basic information is that you are at NCD 0% since its your first car and you accumulate the NCD rebate later. Note: NCD= No Claim Damage.

Base on the following without including other options such as
windscreen, legal liability, flood and etc etc... you go fig it out...
the base costs is $2591.90..

You can find plentiful information and key in the values in the above mentioned link, just play around with it. Do know that it serves as a guide, not entirely accurate as you insurance agent may get you a discount or something..

Hope it helps..

Cheers:smokin:

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
AD_EG,
Isn't it better to get it repaired at EON? Since they are the manufacturer themself? Slow processing time?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
m a v [3] r i c k;3874443 said:
AD_EG,
Isn't it better to get it repaired at EON? Since they are the manufacturer themself? Slow processing time?
Bro !!!! Damn slow....and they always waste time...once my fren accident...not so bad la...radiator gone,bumper,bonnet gone,and mounting,other that nothing much la...lamp etc...then they tow the car...after filing the claim,2 weeks later me and my fren go check the status of repairs at one of the eon,they said... "Oh,you punya kereta sudah tukar EON dekat taman bahagia". Without even telling my fren they tow the car to another EON.Because the current one too many cars to fix.Then we go the other shop,work not yet started,ask why not yet start? claim not yet approve.Then call the insurance company...they said adjuster already visit and approved the claim.

The best part is,they can call my fren and tell him,if the car repair more then 10k,you have to pay the balance when you collect the car..CASH !!!! WTF right? call the insurance company told them we will sue you if in the event we collect the car,they require us to pay cash.Then the insurance company settle that with them..of course we didnt have to pay cash,but you see how they try to cheat?

Car came out,work done not good,wiring got problem,mounting pecah never fix,never give back original lip,many other things la....car came out after nearly 2 months.Insurance approved the claim in about 1 week++.We saw the claims receipt,ridiculous !!! 16k !!

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Oh if i'm not mistaken,cars above 5 years of age will not get genuine parts replaced.they will probabaly get taiwan made stuffs or locally produced.

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
AD_EG,
How long ago was the claim?
I've heard/read somewhere that now the insurance/workshop are given a lot shorter period to get things done or else they will face some issues with some governed body.
This is the usual trick used by claim workshops, they will always ask you to pay some amount when collecting the car. The FACT is that, you don't have to pay a single cent. Only pay your summon if you are at fault. That's all.
Anything more than that, they are trying to get more out of the claim.
Unless, of course you ask them to install some aftermarket/non-original item then they will ask you to top up. But the thing is, original item most of the time is more expensive than any aftermarket parts (according to the retail price of the original item). They are earning more actually, but they are greedy b@stards.
If you are not satisfied with the work done, then don't sign the form of release.
Take your time to check the car on the spot upon collection. If you are not satisfied, just ask them to do again.
It is always a big hassle to claim from insurance. That is why if its not major, just get it fixed outside and get your ride back on the road. Unless you have a spare daily car, its not really wise to claim from insurance, unless the damage is serious.
Or another alternative, make more friends with claim workshop bosses. Hopefully you'd get some reliable ones (1 in a million? :D).
I'm planning to change insurance from Kurnia to others because from what I heard from claim workshops, Kurnia pays lower to the workshops. That is why most workshops wouldn't really wanna do Kurnia's business. Don't know how true this is but at least that's what I heard from the runners.

Btw, does UNIASIA provide free towing? Like Kurnia, they are actually pretty stupid. It says the first 20km is free and every additional km is charged at RM1 (if I'm not mistaken). But the thing is, the tow truck (third party assigned by Kurnia) starts counting its distance from HIS workshop! Not after the car is towed!
That, I think is the stupid-est rule. Or maybe that tow truck guy managed to pull a trick on me. If lucky enough to get a Kurnia's tow truck, then its FREE. But there aren't many Kurnia tow trucks around Klang Valley I think.

turbolover,
If I remember correctly, cars above 5 years will be given USED but ORIGINAL parts. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think they are allowed to use Taiwanese stuff to replace the broken/spoilt parts.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hmm i think either used or taiwan parts as the last time someone ran into the camry i was driving they gave me taiwan made bumper.they explained that taiwan bumper is 500+ and ori is 2k+.so my total bill came out to be about 2k+,taiwan bumper,lights and other stuff.

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
That, I'm not sure but if bumper then I think it should be acceptable since it doesn't play much of a role in an even of a collision or reliability issues. But headlamp, I think they are not allowed to use non-original parts. Lets wait for those who are in this line to clear things up.
The bill has got nothing to do with us. That's the main function of an insurance. We buy insurance so that in any event of an accident/mishaps, we and our rides are covered.

Anyone in car insurance claim line can clear some things up? :)

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
about 7 months ago.

my friend like a hero just sign the paper cause need the car urgently.Uniasia i cant remember if its free towing all the way...i remember they said its free but duno if there was any clause that says a certain range :confused: now i gotta check that.

But seriously,if my frens at the bengkel said kurnia is one of the worst

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
any1 know how to get premium insurance for a car more than 15 years old??
bro my car is more then 15yrs old...the value my car at rm18k..insurance premium was around rm800...no ncb bonus..and some added insurances like windscreen,then flood,and driving in s'pore.

Bro Maverick,

Uniasia,the towing is free for 50km..more than that rm1.50/km..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,
I would like to know what is the different between both Japanese Maker engine oil.
- Which one provide more respone to my engine?
- What happen if I change my engine oil every 10,000km?
- Which maker engine oil provide more protection to my car?

Need all members advise and suggestion, I'm deciding to choose the engine which give me more protection and more respone. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience