Car for Mum

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I'm looking for an AT car for my mum with budget around RM15,000, preferable not more than 10 years old.
What's in my mind are:

1. Kancil
2. Kenari
3. Kelisa
4. Hyundai Atos

She is short and small size, just got her licence a few moons ago. My dad Jimmy is too hard for her, she will use the car in a small town. I would be glad with some inputs from you guys about this. Which would be the best considering quality, reliability, FC and maintenance? I just couldn't decide on this yet.

Many thanks!

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Kelisa - good reliability, good FC, but small and cramp. Forget kancil bro
Kenari - spacious and comfy above the rest in ur list. FC and reliability not bad.
Forget about atos.

I would go for Kenari. At least it is more spacious and comfortable. Ur mom can stuff more vege from pasar.
Btw, have u considered proton wira? Good car

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Kelisa - good reliability, good FC, but small and cramp. Forget kancil bro
Kenari - spacious and comfy above the rest in ur list. FC and reliability not bad.
Forget about atos.

I would go for Kenari. At least it is more spacious and comfortable. Ur mom can stuff more vege from pasar.
Btw, have u considered proton wira? Good car
What's bad about Atoz? Expensive maintenance?
Wira no no. She wont want and I also not in favour for her.

'My dad Jimmy is too hard for her' LOL
LOL

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Kenari.

Or up your budget and buy her a Vios.

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
should be "my dad'S jimNy is too hard for her"

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Kenari.

Or up your budget and buy her a Vios.
The cheapest used Vios is no less than Rm40k, Out of budget bro.:banghead:

should be "my dad'S jimNy is too hard for her"
Thanks for the correction 123.

Kenari ! cheap affordable maintenance!
Kenari would be high on the shopping list. Thanks for the recommendation.

What about Proton Iswara Aeroback ?

Not too big, not too small....

FC may be slightly more than Kancil, but its much safer and roomier...
Emmm, I still have an Iswara AB running good, easy to drive and maintain but it's a manual and loud exhaust.:banghead: Not suit her.

So nobody is recommending Kancil, Kelisa and Atoz. Am I left with Kenari as the sole option? Other sedan models within this price range I think not suitable because she just wants a simple automatic subcompact running around town.

I have driven all of the above.
The best built I experienced is Atoz CBU, P2 has no match for that but no idea about maintenance. Can anyone tell something about Atoz?
But Kenari is no less in other aspect. hmmmmm
Having own 2 Kancils before so I know it is definitely very small and an easy bully victim.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Of all 4 options listed in your interest, I would either pick Kenari or Kelisa. Both are using same engine so FC and maintenance wise should
not differ much. For younger girls, I would pick Kelisa, but for older people, they usually prefer car that is comfy and easy to get into kind
of car.

So Kenari would be the best for her. Real Good FC as well. My kelisa RM55 can do 412Km. Do the calculation on how good is the FC :biggrin:

I dont think is much of a difference since both using same engine...Might be slightly different in FC in terms of the weight of the car.

Never drove or own a kenari, only ride in one before, but then I still vote for Kenari for your mum. If not 2nd option, just go for Kelisa. Really easy to drive and park car.

So far I love it more than my BLM LOL! But below RM15K for kelisa and Kenari, kinda hard to find.
Minimum also RM20K unless maybe 2002 model. Year 2004 and above is around RM20K min

Last edited:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Of all 4 options listed in your interest, I would either pick Kenari or Kelisa. Both are using same engine so FC and maintenance wise should
not differ much. For younger girls, I would pick Kelisa, but for older people, they usually prefer car that is comfy and easy to get into kind
of car.

So Kenari would be the best for her. Real Good FC as well. My kelisa RM55 can do 412Km. Do the calculation on how good is the FC :biggrin:

I dont think is much of a difference since both using same engine...Might be slightly different in FC in terms of the weight of the car.

Never drove or own a kenari but then I still vote for Kenari for your mum. If not 2nd option, just go for
Kelisa. Really easy to drive and park car.

So far I love it more than my BLM LOL! But below RM15K for kelisa and Kenari, kinda hard to find.
Minimum also RM20K unless maybe 2002 model. Year 2004 and above is around RM20K min
One negative point of Kelisa is that it tilts easily, unless you put broad tyres or lowered suspension...:listen::rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
One negative point of Kelisa is that it tilts easily, unless you put broad tyres or lowered suspension...:listen::rofl:
What I heard is that it handles like a Go Kart instead. Cars that have chances to turtle easily or already did turtled before, Is Myvi. And compare about getting turtled, cars like Kenari or Atos would
actually stand higher chances in getting overturn..

U got to really drive a kelisa to know how good is the handling bro. Observe a stock kelisa. Mine
with normal SACHS suspension already really low without lowering springs or anything. Is low enough
originally.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Kelisa has really good handling not easily flip. Maybe Atoz or Kenari but last time P2 advertised Kenari handling like gecko woo.. can climb wall some more:banghead:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What I heard is that it handles like a Go Kart instead. Cars that have chances to turtle easily or already did turtled before, Is Myvi. And compare about getting turtled, cars like Kenari or Atos would
actually stand higher chances in getting overturn..

U got to really drive a kelisa to know how good is the handling bro. Observe a stock kelisa. Mine
with normal SACHS suspension already really low without lowering springs or anything. Is low enough
originally.
Never driven before, so i cant comment, only saw quite a number tilted, few guys carry it up and put it back on its 4 wheels again....:rofl:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I drive a Toyota KE70.My car starts ok but then the rpm drops below 1 and the car shakes badly then eventually dies.

This also happens on the road whether the car is in gear or free gear.What could be the problem?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience