Car can't start on 1st crank..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
hey guys, me using stock 4g93t on my sgti..lately, i've difficulties crank starting my engine when the engine is cold or not running for few hours...it can't start on 1st crank, usually 2nd crank only can start..using denso iridium ik22 plugs for abt half year..battery just replaced 3months ago..fuel pump just changed few weeks ago..i've ask my mech regarding this prob, he say starter isn't the culprit..converted almost 1.5years ade..can somebody help me with this prob?..

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
check ur

1) dirty throttle body <-- normal case if ur using open pod
2) maybe batt faulty
3) fuel pump <-- fuel pump changed d right
4) starter motor <-- new one only RM100+ someone here selling VR4 starter dono still got anot

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
popout: battery just changed 3months ago..

Shanashi: i tot abnormal timing only cause by dirty TB...does it affect in my case?...battery just changed 3months ago..fuel pump changed 2weeks ago...my mech say not starter motor..haih..pening..:banghead:

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
last time i also encounter this kind of problem first time is battery weak then kong dy change a new one , new battery also will cause cranking problem but since ur battery dy 3 month i think not batt problem. my suggestion is to but a injection cleaner like STP one pour into ur fuel tank and see still happen or not. last i try cuse of the fuel regulator dirty dy, and walak it can start like normal on first crank. ps:i also using 4g93 but not turbo haizzzz

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
to see battery weak o not...

simplest wat is use another battery, jumper it to ur car battey....(use jumper cable)

and start ur car

if still the same...then not battery problem....

if problem solved, mean batery problem

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
stp injector cleaner works ka huhu wats ur mileage when u used it? i must also do preventive maintenance

ehdrian not necessary when TB dirty got cranking probs...must step on gas dam pening that time tot something wrong after cleaning starts like a new car man....that time using sohai air filter thats why dam dirty....:bawling:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
will go and buy stp injector cleaner tmr and hopefully it will solve the prob..how many bottles do i need?..i just washed my K&N open pod last month..

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
Bro,

Are u using Adjustable Fuel Regulator (AFR) that is connected by a long rubber hose from the fuel rail to the AFR.

This could be the problem as it takes a few cranks before it can build pressure to squirt fuel into the injectors, due to the long hose.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Risyia: i don't have AFR..thanks anyway..the car can start on 1st crank ade but must crank slightly longer than previously when the car used to be in tip top condition..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
to crank ur engine, u jz need a few items...

- sufficient battery voltage
- working starter
- distributor/coil/sparkplug
- fuel pump/injectors

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Bro,

Are u using Adjustable Fuel Regulator (AFR) that is connected by a long rubber hose from the fuel rail to the AFR.

This could be the problem as it takes a few cranks before it can build pressure to squirt fuel into the injectors, due to the long hose.
I was about to mention this when I was reading through the thread. But the problem is not about the long hose.

The problem is some of the after market adjustable fuel pressure regulator does not retain fuel after you shut down the engine. However, it can be tested with a pressure gauge. If the fuel pressure drops immediately after shutting down the engine... Fuel pressure regulator lar tu....

The stock FPR does not allow drainage within the fuel rail. Hense, the fuel pressure can be maintained.

Regarding the injectors, if u shut down the engine for 5 minutes, even before the engine cools down, the same problem will appear.

Exhaust..? what does it have to do...? When trasplant the engine, before pasang the exhaust the engine still starts on the first crank. Bising lar...

About the leakage of IC piping... U will feel the engine feels like wanna doe of even when u are driving.

All mentioned are based on persinal experience...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone here experienced mivec with s_flow muffler?
Changed from `trumpet` to s_flow, pick up wise can feel when pedaling
but when mivec open cannot feel, oso no sound (huhuu..).
So, s_flow causing the mivec cant be feel, is it true?
really need sifu2 brilliant opinion.:hmmmm2:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience