Engine and Performance

Car After Transplat Cannot Approve JpJ Plz Come In

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
Mr. wfhan,

yeah...your car 1.6->1.6 are easy to approve and pass from JPJ...somemore are cheap.you can do with yourself.

anyway, thanks for your info.. :)

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
target,
yeah, mine is straight forward 1.6 -> 1.6 conversion...that's why i rather
waste my time and do it myself, b'cos technically it's also straight forward approval process.
but my fren which bought my previous engine and did a 1.3 -> 1.6 conversion also go through
the same exact process (we did it together @jpj & @puspakom)...

for different engine capacity changes, is there a absolute guideline from JPJ
for us car owner to refer to ? would be great if someone can post it here...

Last edited:

vanila

Known Member
May 4, 2006
Last edited:

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
vanila,
for sure cannot increase to 2.0cc with normal way...
but i got 'jalan' to make it....just send document to me..i will try to make it..
payment can be pay after comfirm approve from JPJ...and when already collect payment...we will straight to go to make it.
thank you

4G93T

Jan 3, 2007
Let me share my experience with this.
My conversion was from 1.3 to 1.8T.
I did it in Oct 2005.

1. Fill in the application to change engine form. Can be downloaded from JPJ web or any JPJ Branch. Attach together the required documents i.e custom letter etc. Send it to Bhg Kawal Selia Putrajaya. To save time you may start your conversion.

2. Within 2 weeks an approval letter will be out. Depending on what engine you applied for. In my case I applied from 1.3 to 1.8T. The letter will outline what are the requirement they expect you to fulfill . For example no mounting modification, no cross member modification etc. By this time your car should have completed the engine conversion.

3. You need to bring you converted car to State JPJ, depending on your address. i.e if you r from Johor, u are required to bring to JPJ Johor. Other documents needed are
a. Letter from workshop stating the conversion that has been done. you describe the conversion that you has made, and you may refer to the letter issued approval letter from JPJ ( Item 2)
b. release letter from the bank ( if your car still under finance )
The State JPJ will inspect your car to ensure u fulfill the requirement in item 2. i.e no mounting change, check the engine no etc.
Make sure your car looks as decent as possible.

4. After that, State JPJ will issue another letter saying that u have gone thru the inspection and fullfill the guideline. Send back the letter to Bhg Kawal Selia Putrajaya. In a week a letter will be issued saying that your car is approved and give you a letter to go inspection at Puspakom.

5. Go for inspection at PUSPAKOM with the relevant docs. If you passed, then u straight away can endorse the new engine number at JPJ. Make sure u have the new insurance to get the new road tax.

Thats all.

And IT IS CONFIRMED the MAX cc to proton cars except Perdana is 1.8 only. I personally checked with Officer from Bahagian Kawal Selia.

TQ

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS
target, for u to do buss here, and let ppl quiet......i wish u can proven something like document that already pass(what u so call "jalan")
because all wish to see it also.......ty

p/s: i also want to see it....lol

VolcoM-V

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
bro,
i changed Block, and the kastam paper i lost de..
can kau tim.? wats the price..?

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
keithkeat said:
target, for u to do buss here, and let ppl quiet......i wish u can proven something like document that already pass(what u so call "jalan")
because all wish to see it also.......ty

p/s: i also want to see it....lol
ok..will try to show out here...:regular_smile:

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
bro,
i changed Block, and the kastam paper i lost de..
can kau tim.? wats the price..?
without kastam paper i think is hard to make it..
anyway we will try and let you know tomorrow.

Mike,

What is the price for 1.3->2.0?

Regards,
what car??proton?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
if proton 1.3-2.0 is approved....and the car get sita during jpj roadblock...how ar?

coz everyone know 1.3-2.0 is not possible nowadays, even u can make it...but does it legal during roadblock?

odengGtit

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
i just transplant gsr into my gti,went to puspakom once..fail coz of tinted and brake,brake settle oledi as i change to evo3 brake,the problem is my tinted,anyway to make it approved and how much?

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
huakenny said:
if proton 1.3-2.0 is approved....and the car get sita during jpj roadblock...how ar?

coz everyone know 1.3-2.0 is not possible nowadays, even u can make it...but does it legal during roadblock?
For the car conversion i think is no problem to get the legal documents to prof that your car have been follow the instruction to get through the jpj and puspakom testing.
In this case if you motify your car after the procedure of jpj then it's might be risky to get through the jpj operation. what we do is to make your is valid to drive on the road and able to get a valid insurance and roadtax.
let's give an example if a jpj operation is on duty you won't take a risk because the jpj officer people are different you might able to get throgh the operation or you might not able to get through depend the officer.if you didn't do something for your car engine i am sure you will be catch for sure .if you already do something for it at least you can prof it's legal.
one more example like if you going abroad and during the custom checking you might able to get through the procedure or you not able to get through the procedure not because you look poor or you look posh!it's depend on the officer ok the officer!
what i think if your engine number is not match with your car glan and you face an accident you are not able to clam insurance at all .that's the advantage for you.
we are not doing something to against the laws, right and this help you to protect yourself after the procedure.

crispeed

Aug 21, 2006
bro 1.5 to 2.0 how much ar...its been a while im using without registering..cun u help me out

vanila

Known Member
May 4, 2006
vanila said:
as from what i heard All protons car are not allowed to increase their cc up to 2000 its include Satria GTI and Putra as well... not sure about v6 :D so becarefull before u spend RM3k :D

Just my opinion :D please dont marah2 me :D hehehe

REFER TO THIS WEBSITE

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7598/endorsement01pc3.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1526/endorsement02ky2.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1001/endorsement03oh6.jpg

From this letter we know... what can and can't :D Think...

Just my opinion :D please dont marah2 me :D hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys..

Just bring up this topic since i'm wondering of some car models equipped with frameless window door such as impreza, skyline, 350Z, mini cooper and some coupe/convertible/hard top/soft top models..

my friend drive 1981 celica where he keep on complaining on his window rubber sealing which permitted water to leak into cabin during rainy days. so, trying to solve the problem, he installed door visors but still to need coutiously pay attention when washing the car especially at the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience