Can PZ intake manifold help on my car problems ??

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Hi en Sirazul and team,

Currently my car have these items, 4g93p, oversize pistone, half race cams (272/288 ??), std t.body with std. intake manifold, 4-2-1 xtractor with 2.2 inch straight piping (no muffler), std crank with balanced internals, adj. pulleys, lightweight crank pulley, lightweight flywheel, SAFC 2, Mivec ratios.

So the problem went like this, my car develop strong power at 3500-6500rpm only, and after that it was nothing (flat all the way). So i was looking for that high end power since my cutoff is set at 8000rpm. Fyi ive already play on my exhaust piping size lengths , cam timings etc which is still the same. Meaning that when i upped the diameter of my pipings, i lose my torque (same with using oversize t.body before) which i lose torque as well. So in driving, i will get the strong power everytime i upped gear, but it will went flat after that. The engine will still revs to the cutoff but it is totally flat.

So my target is to maintain that strong midrange with a power available on the high rpm too. Target powerband is from 4000-7500rpm at least. Can your custom tuned intake manifold give the power i needed ? What do u think.

Last edited:

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
What you need (we think) are:

1. Head porting.
2. 240cc injectors (Perdana 2.0 S4).
3. ECU remap, both fuel and ign. timing (recommended Microtech, being the cheapest for stand alone, 4get SAFC, can't go more than what is inside the standard ECU).

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
FYI guys my friend already have your camshaft installed on his Satria GTI and to be frank, i can say that your cam is good man. Power is fatter on the midrange, good for sprinting. But now my intention is to get high end power (as what ive mentioned), can you guys give me a good suggestion on this ??

Maybe it's true on the head porting part, but i dont agree on the injector part. Do you think head porting can give me the end power that i needed ? If i dont get the power than how, can you guarantee me on this ?

I feel that standalone ECU and injector "definetely" cannot give me the end power that i needed, thats why im thinking of your enhanced intake manifold. Maybe you can design specially for my engine since i dont know the math to design a good manifold. Guys i know that u are a professionals, but pls dont give me silly answer to my questions, pls do help me.

Last edited:

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
As mentioned, your high cams (272 above, that's what you wrote) needs better breathing throughout the intake system right up to the valves. The standard cyl. head has a lot of casting and machining burrs that restrict air flow at the higher rpm. So, a good porting will help. It's our suggestion based on the info you provided. Nobody can guarantee anything, 'cos there may be other factors that we don't know of at the moment.
Also, the higher duration cams need more fuelling, hence the suggestion to put in SLIGHTLY larger injectors, that's only about 15% bigger. Your standard 210 cc inj. may be working above the max. duty cycle (80% is recommended). The Perdana inj. are 240 cc, not that much oversized.
Our custom intake is good for higher rpm, but we'd take care of the real necessities first.
Hope the above explanation helps.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,i got 1 spare strobe light bulb laying on the table. Its the Type R stobe light bulb. I wanna ask whether i can wire the bulb directly to battery with a switch and not connect it to the module? It has 3 wire red/white/black.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience