Can i change from BOV to CBV?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I find that car with MAF using recirculating route tends to drive much better in terms on engine performance.Definitely able to but will you be able to get an adapter for your BOV that you are currently using?I think SSQV has a recirculating kit and as i know sheepdog BOV does have the recirculating madel as well.But a sheepdog BOV with a recirculating route couple with an open pod filter does produce those fluttering sound.
Sorry... Turbo cars can use MAF?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Sorry... Turbo cars can use MAF?
Example:
Mitsubishi 4G93T
Mitsubishi 4G63T
Mitsubishi 6A12TT
Mazda B8 Turbo 180/210
Toyota 1JZ

And the list goes on.

What he was trying to say was, turbocharged car that uses MAF tends to feel better n more responsive when BOV recirculates. And yes it is.

But fluttering sound could be caused by compressor surge.

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
sample...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Example:
Mitsubishi 4G93T
Mitsubishi 4G63T
Mitsubishi 6A12TT
Mazda B8 Turbo 180/210
Toyota 1JZ

And the list goes on.

What he was trying to say was, turbocharged car that uses MAF tends to feel better n more responsive when BOV recirculates. And yes it is.

But fluttering sound could be caused by compressor surge.
Hey seriously... I never knew that turbo can use MAF. I thought all turbo must use MAP? This is new... How does the MAF function in turbo car? And why do people and my mech say that if we would to turbo a 4AGE Silvertop, must change the MAF to MAP? They said it is not good for turbo... Please advice...
Sorry a bit off topic...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hey seriously... I never knew that turbo can use MAF. I thought all turbo must use MAP? This is new... How does the MAF function in turbo car? And why do people and my mech say that if we would to turbo a 4AGE Silvertop, must change the MAF to MAP? They said it is not good for turbo... Please advice...
Sorry a bit off topic...
Lolz... MAF is a method ur EMS measure the flow in terms of flow volume. MAP, is also a way to measure air consumed by the engine, but in terms of pressure... And both the pressure and flow have direct relation. Just the matter how ur ECU gonna calculate... 1 speaks german, one speaks, chinese.. that's all... But both measuring method also can be used...

But when it comes to BOV, because some car like Supra 1JZ, EVO 1-9, Nissan RB's, GSR, Nissan SRs, it's recommended to recirculate the excess air back into the air intake ram tu avoid miscalculation of the ECU.

Some hot wires MAF can be located before the TB after the turbo. Those MAF turbocharged engine can use BOV.

bump...
:hmmmm:
Sorry, late reply. Here U go... Got it from a friend. But I've not use any SQV...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since everyone is talking about the price hike, someone posted this on my newsfeed n it is like hotcake on facebook news feed

I found this in facebook, about some super fuel

http://www.facebook.com/RahsiaEnjinPower?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

I want to know? it is legit? safe?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience