Can anyone share about Celica 90-93 bodyparts & 3-SGTE engine?

Qke

Jan 2, 2009
Hi,
can anyone kindly share about Celica 90-93 bodyparts & 3-SGTE engine?

Can we still gets the windscreen (front,passenger,side & rear) and can a Caldina GT-4 or 1Jz Turbo engine implant into the 5th Gen Celica?

Lastly,what is the common problem for this Generation?

A Million Thanks.

Last edited:

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
I believe that Caldina GT4 can, but why go expensive, just get ur self an ST185 or ST205 hc

my 2 cents

shiratsu

May 13, 2009
hye qke.. i was thinking of a swap.. im now using a 3gse.. planning on to swap into a st205. is it a better engine? and can i swap from s3ge to the new celica engine? the 1.8 20003 celica i think.. can I??

Bump: or maybe zeus83 can give some advice on 5th gen celica engine swaps?

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
hye qke.. i was thinking of a swap.. im now using a 3gse.. planning on to swap into a st205. is it a better engine? and can i swap from s3ge to the new celica engine? the 1.8 20003 celica i think.. can I??

Bump: or maybe zeus83 can give some advice on 5th gen celica engine swaps?
Me?, not the best guy for engine swaps and mods...:biggrin:

but is ur engine 3SGE or 3SGTE?? the later is based on the 3SGE with the addition of the TURBO Kit, here is a mini table that shows the versions of the 3SGTE engine for ur reference:

v.1 1986-1989 Celica ST165
v.2 1990-1994 Celica ST185(-1993), MR2 SW20 (MR2 Turbo)
v.3 1994-1999 Celica ST205, MR2 SW20(1995+)
v.4 1997-2003, 2003-2007 Caldina ST215 (GT-T), ST246 (GT-Four)

SRC:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_3S-GTE_engine

mounting wise, the new Celica 1.8 VVTL-i engine is not suitable for older Celicas, so if you are planing to go newer engine then get the new Caldina 3SGTE engine, it features VVT-i as well...

Last edited:

shiratsu

May 13, 2009
im not sure wic one is mine. but from wat ive been reading i am pretty sure mine is the 1990 3sge 2000cc. no TURBO that's for sure. i think it only has 130bhp. the 3sgte gives out 200bhp right? its not the 3SGTE im pretty sure coz the 3SGTE looks different from mine.

bout the newer engine then I get from the new Caldina 3SGTE engine, that features VVT-i , can it be used in st185? how much does it cost approximately?

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
then urs should be ST182 or ST183 lah bro :biggrin:, 3SGE develops abt 180BHP 3SFE is abt 145BHP
3SGTE from ST185 is abt 235BHP and ST205 is abt 255BHP on engine

Caldina not sure, but definitely RM10K+

ST185 is AWD not sure if urs was downgraded from 3SGTE to 3SGE:confused:

shiratsu

May 13, 2009
well zeus83, im pretty sure its st185 as it is the carlos sainz version (did i spelled it right?). maybe its a downgraded version i guess. am not sure coz bought it like it was. no engine modification since i bought it. surely its st185. god? really? 180?? doesnt seem to give me 180bhp. haha... so how much does it cost to swap into a full 3sgte engine?and where? i mean the complete swap to make it as fast as 200bhp++ as u said?? POWERRR..POWERRR

jazzart

May 19, 2009
then urs should be ST182 or ST183 lah bro :biggrin:, 3SGE develops abt 180BHP 3SFE is abt 145BHP
3SGTE from ST185 is abt 235BHP and ST205 is abt 255BHP on engine

Caldina not sure, but definitely RM10K+

ST185 is AWD not sure if urs was downgraded from 3SGTE to 3SGE:confused:
Zeus,
i am also driving a ST185. and am also thinking of giving it more power.
would you be abole to recommend a good workshop in JB that that will be able to give me advice and help me to give more power to my car?

Also, my car always has difficulties starting up. I must always crank it at least 2 times before it starts. you know what the problem is?

And whats more when I drive, sometimes the emgine light come sout and the car loses pickup power. I then need to restart the car so that I have the normal power again.

You seem to know alot about the ST185. Hope you can advice what I should do.

Are you from JB?

Bump:
well zeus83, im pretty sure its st185 as it is the carlos sainz version (did i spelled it right?). maybe its a downgraded version i guess. am not sure coz bought it like it was. no engine modification since i bought it. surely its st185. god? really? 180?? doesnt seem to give me 180bhp. haha... so how much does it cost to swap into a full 3sgte engine?and where? i mean the complete swap to make it as fast as 200bhp++ as u said?? POWERRR..POWERRR
Shiratsu,

You in JB? You thinking about modifiying your car?....maybe we can meet up and modify the car together.....

Bump:
Shiratsu,

You in JB? You thinking about modifiying your car?....maybe we can meet up and modify the car together.....

Bump:
Shiratsu,

Bump: Shiratsu,

Hopefullyb Zeus can recommend us a good workshop

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
Pop-Up your hood and confirm that:

1.Your model is ST185?
2.Your engine is 3SGE or 3SGTE? check your grant:biggrin:
3.Its not hard to identify the engine, since the 3SGTE got top mounted air-air inter-cooler?
4.AWD (All wheel drive) or not,? Go check beneath your car and look for the long AWD shaft. if yes then its ST185...
5.Your body kit might be Carlos Sainz not the engine and Drivetrian
6.ST185 is always AWD, Wide body and got 3SGTE with the top-mounter air-air inter-cooler.

the 3SGTE from ST185 & ST205 is the most powerful Celica engine todate, so no point talking about any other engine.

the 3SGTE from ST185 can deliver 235BHP (On engine) and about ~200+/- WHP (On Wheel)

IF you are thinking to mod ur celica , then get the 3SGTE first and then look for some after market Turbine and a custom inter-coole and if u are you wanna go extreme then get NOS!!:biggrin:...

my 2 cents

Bump:
Zeus,
i am also driving a ST185. and am also thinking of giving it more power.
would you be abole to recommend a good workshop in JB that that will be able to give me advice and help me to give more power to my car?

Also, my car always has difficulties starting up. I must always crank it at least 2 times before it starts. you know what the problem is?

And whats more when I drive, sometimes the emgine light come sout and the car loses pickup power. I then need to restart the car so that I have the normal power again.

You seem to know alot about the ST185. Hope you can advice what I should do.

Are you from JB?

Bump:
Shiratsu,

Hopefullyb Zeus can recommend us a good workshop
Jazzart,

Well im driving the 6th Gen ST202 (got four headlamps) with 3SFE engine, im in KL
If your car difficult to start up, then check ur starter or coil
My engine check light used to show up and the car stalls is due to the Throttle body being dirty, go clean it up. Ask the mechanic to open it and clean it, not only spray through it...

Last edited:

shiratsu

May 13, 2009
thanx a lot lot lot zeus. ur a gud person to answer all of our qstns. thanx again for the info
yeah, im sure mine is st185 but with a 3sge engine...
widebody or not..i duno the difference. HEHE.. thats why ive been thinking on changing to st205 engine coz maybe its easier to get. (and have better power than my engine now). u know where can i do that? and what the assumed cost i need to spend to change my 3sge to a 3sgte of a st205. thanx again.

p/s: jazzart, sorry to disappoint u. im in KL. but whenever ur coming to KL let me know. like to see ur car also. maybe we can browse around together to see whats available in KL

jazzart

May 19, 2009
Pop-Up your hood and confirm that:

1.Your model is ST185?
2.Your engine is 3SGE or 3SGTE? check your grant:biggrin:
3.Its not hard to identify the engine, since the 3SGTE got top mounted air-air inter-cooler?
4.AWD (All wheel drive) or not,? Go check beneath your car and look for the long AWD shaft. if yes then its ST185...
5.Your body kit might be Carlos Sainz not the engine and Drivetrian
6.ST185 is always AWD, Wide body and got 3SGTE with the top-mounter air-air inter-cooler.

the 3SGTE from ST185 & ST205 is the most powerful Celica engine todate, so no point talking about any other engine.

the 3SGTE from ST185 can deliver 235BHP (On engine) and about ~200+/- WHP (On Wheel)

IF you are thinking to mod ur celica , then get the 3SGTE first and then look for some after market Turbine and a custom inter-coole and if u are you wanna go extreme then get NOS!!:biggrin:...

my 2 cents

Bump:

Jazzart,

Well im driving the 6th Gen ST202 (got four headlamps) with 3SFE engine, im in KL
If your car difficult to start up, then check ur starter or coil
My engine check light used to show up and the car stalls is due to the Throttle body being dirty, go clean it up. Ask the mechanic to open it and clean it, not only spray through it...
Zeus,
Thanks for the info. was eonderign also whether he trottle body can be changed to an aftermarket trottle body?

Cause mechanic cleaned once before, but dtill giving the same problem. You think I shlould get a second hand throttle body, or change to a new one.

Know where I can get it?

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
Zeus,
Thanks for the info. was eonderign also whether he trottle body can be changed to an aftermarket trottle body?

Cause mechanic cleaned once before, but dtill giving the same problem. You think I shlould get a second hand throttle body, or change to a new one.

Know where I can get it?
That one not so sure, but can recommend u to some workshops and part dealers in town that usually sell toyota parts and/or service

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/celica-club-forums/267609-genuine-celica-parts-suppliers.html

Last edited:

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
hmmm...
for me rite shiratsu... I kina regret a little to get heavily modded celica at times... especialy when looking at the petrol meter.. and my sports clutch si like cant change gear when turbo kicked in... no idea on that...

but is kina fun when people tiong ur back when u just... VrrroomMM.... PPsSttt....

shiratsu

May 13, 2009
yeeaaahh duude...and they'll be sitting ducks and...gaze with ultimate jealousness...sweeet man...sweeeeet as ever to see those faces... all HAIL celica!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Continued

Ok so now you've installed your air filter, changed your exhaust and still have bucket loads of cash to spend, what's next?

Personally I would recommend something that requires very little maintenance and doesn't take much time to install, so I'd suggest to work on the chassis or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience