Can a stock evo3 engine withstand 1.5bar of boost?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
thx xtremeleo !!

ehdrian, a well tuned engine wouldnt consume too much fuel...my previous setup 1.5bar 370whp with an average of 10kms/litre...am happy with that fc
20.5 cents per km??..dat's very very save!..my 93t boost 1.2bar with stock turbine(using emanage) only manage 24cents/km..:banghead:

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
20.5 cents per km??..dat's very very save!..my 93t boost 1.2bar with stock turbine(using emanage) only manage 24cents/km..:banghead:
yes, about 21 cents per km...a tank of rm85 good for 400kms on average...if urban only is about 350kms, long distance can reach almost 500kms if driving 100-130kmh

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
wit the std gasket, it lasted for 2years kot, and then the head terangkat. upon opening the engine head, we found dat the gasket wasnt burnt pun, so it was the headbolt. changing to new cometic metal gasket and arp bolts, the compression was raised beyond the std spec. dis engine has been running high boost, high compression for around 2 years and counting and still performing good.

trust me bro, its not the boost dat kills engines but rather poor tuning

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

apart from the arp bolts and cometic gasket, everything else is bog std. in fact, the engine was running fine before changing those two things @ 1.7bar of strong boost
Somthing to support ur statement... Tunning and hardware, which is more important... Brain vs muscle...

STOCK D16 INTERNALS WITH ARP STUDS. WELL TUNED ACHIEVING 375WHP

It's tuned by EVANS TUNNING. One of the best in States.