brake pad brands?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hi all here.... I just want to ask for experience on brake pads. I was quoted 160 for a brand Mintye and 300+ for bendix on toyota mr2 2 pot. Im on a budget so im more inclined to go for the mintye. Any experience on this? Is it ok? Because i got nightmares with cheap bad pads b4. Just for city drive no track. Or else, any recommendations?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I had never used mintye before but when I saw a box of this brake pad in my friend's workshop, I asked whether is it good. He shook his head plus a wide lips...

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
Hi all here.... I just want to ask for experience on brake pads. I was quoted 160 for a brand Mintye and 300+ for bendix on toyota mr2 2 pot. Im on a budget so im more inclined to go for the mintye. Any experience on this? Is it ok? Because i got nightmares with cheap bad pads b4. Just for city drive no track. Or else, any recommendations?
vote for bendix general ct.........

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
If for city use should be fine. Although at the end of the day, you do get for what you are paying for. If you want good brake pads that don't wear out your discs and are quiet, bendix are a good choice.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Must be odd size to cost that much. My Mitsu twin pot brakes cost only RM110 for Bendix Metal King and RM120 for Trestor Blue Advantage.......got them from PH Auto, SEA Park, P. Jaya....

Mintye are normal brake pads only.....

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
stay away from mintye....horrendous brake pads with absolutely no grip....used them in my ex-kelisa and paid rm90 for them...even the OEM perodua padss bites better than mintey... even the cheapo dunno wat brand RM40 ones bite better than mintye

those damn pads caused way too many close calls for me to ever wanna use them or see anyone use them...

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I use Mintye. Decent enough for city driving, no more. I thought Bendix is only RM150-RM200?? RM300 seems a bit expensive, is it from the Ultimate range? If so, they really aren't comparable since Ultimate is Bendix range topper. Don't know if you can find Bendix General or Titanium for your brakes though....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I use Mintye. Decent enough for city driving, no more. I thought Bendix is only RM150-RM200?? RM300 seems a bit expensive, is it from the Ultimate range? If so, they really aren't comparable since Ultimate is Bendix range topper. Don't know if you can find Bendix General or Titanium for your brakes though....
If RM300 for Bendix Ultimate, then it is cheap. But not sure if it is local made now. The Australian made one cost around RM500

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
how bout kevlar veloc? seem alot ppl use in kk
Hmm... Kevlar seems like good brand. What is the price range? I'm not budget. Damn soi car so many problems this year make me poor.

Must be odd size to cost that much. My Mitsu twin pot brakes cost only RM110 for Bendix Metal King and RM120 for Trestor Blue Advantage.......got them from PH Auto, SEA Park, P. Jaya....
Got so many range? In that case I better find out what range is that price and ask for the normal ones.

stay away from mintye....horrendous brake pads with absolutely no grip....used them in my ex-kelisa and paid rm90 for them...even the OEM perodua padss bites better than mintey... even the cheapo dunno wat brand RM40 ones bite better than mintye

those damn pads caused way too many close calls for me to ever wanna use them or see anyone use them...
Thanks you for the warning bro....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmm... Kevlar seems like good brand. What is the price range? I'm not budget. Damn soi car so many problems this year make me poor.

Got so many range? In that case I better find out what range is that price and ask for the normal ones.

Thanks you for the warning bro....
Bendix have the General CT, Stealth, Metal King and Ultimate.....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
How about EBC pads?
Sorry to piggyback on the tread though, cuz my car's break is also sucky, feels very soft & mushy on the pedals.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How about EBC pads?
Sorry to piggyback on the tread though, cuz my car's break is also sucky, feels very soft & mushy on the pedals.
Give your brake system a brake fluid flush first, or at least bleed the system. Spongy feel at the pedals should be be brake pads problems.
EBC pads have black, green, red, yellow and blue.
Black are normal pads. The better ones are green with better brake feel. Red for higher temperature use, yellow even higher and blue for endurance (if not mistaken)
But the pads are not cheap. Green ones around RM350 for my Mitsu twin pot, yellow ones RM550, these are the two I asked before....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
me personally prefer bendix general ct..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all members, especially sifus2....i have a problem after repairing my car. here my shor story:

last saturday night am driving says about 140km/h at mrr2 highway from gombak heading to ampang, suddenly i saw a big hole with steel plate at the middle lane of mrr2. i cannot do anythg because it happen too fast and i jumped into it and my tyre flat.:banghead:

today i sent to workshop and replace tyre and do some basic handling checking. the point of my threat is.....i feel something is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience