BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Throttle at the compressor inlet of a turbo, increases spool in response and eliminate the use of blow off valve as there's no surge due to sudden throttle close.

Like what we have, more stable compression.

1st, when the compressor blows, we don't want to have restriction.

Then u are creating a double restriction to the turbo. Dust and sand will still be able to enter the fin... Still damages the compressor fins...

Those net's is used when they want their turbo to suck in huge amount of air and reduce restriction of air flow into the system, if u are using net/mesh, then why use filter still?

When dust accumulate on the "internal filter" and causes choke, which is basically not visible cause it's hidden, then only the piping line from compressor to the "internal filter" is compressed. After the filter, the the "internal filter", the air will be vacuumn. Then when ur turbo is pushing 2 bar, the air induced into the manifold would drop to maybe <1bar. Also, where u wanna locate ur BOV..? before or after the filter...

before filter, BOV alway open lor... Cause vacuumn tap from manifold, pulling it and compressed air pushing from bottom... continuous leaking... Then U'll achieve non stop BOV sound... Congratulation since u like noises alot.

after filter, will crease huge surge to ur compressor cause the compressed air before the filter has no where to go except to go opposite direction and enters the compressor again...

Do more reading please...
there's a reason why F1 bands the 1st.

There's also a reason why the filter is located there till today's automotive and motorsport.
Hmm... Yes yes... Thank you for your explanation and patience.... Sometimes I just imagine crazy things... Don't know it can be done or not. Self-entertaining brain :biggrin:

gryphoon81

Jan 6, 2009
I need some advice, i already have TD025L Eterna (blue tag) to bolt on my p.viva 1000cc engine. But suddenly there some other suggestion from other ask me to find TD04 09. May i know why? If there any problem if i using TDO25? Need some advice before sending my car to shop.

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
I need some advice, i already have TD025L Eterna (blue tag) to bolt on my p.viva 1000cc engine. But suddenly there some other suggestion from other ask me to find TD04 09. May i know why? If there any problem if i using TDO25? Need some advice before sending my car to shop.
bro if u duwan that TD025L (blue tag) plz sell it to me..or change with my RHF34 Hybrid.....hehe

RacingFanatics

1,000 RPM
Aug 31, 2008
Sold 2 pieces TD025L eterna blue tag to 2 guys in equine last month ,

there is no problem using TD025 , just smaller and spool faster
if bigger turbine might cause turbo lag from your 1000cc engine

jawsbite

Apr 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I would say to go with the TD025 first. As mentioned it would spool fast on your car. Feel how this turbo is first, then only upgrade to a bigger 1 if you want more and you can live with more lag.

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Hi guys
Im a turbo noobie driving a stock D16 civic.
been collecting some info for rojak BOT parts, and the seller of the exhaust manifold suggest SR20 or RB25 turbo as best fit the manifold tapak.
Can anyone share the spec of these SR20 and RB25 turbo? Are they big and slow to spool up by my weak engine?
My aim is just want to improve the torque response, not aiming for high whp as i plan to stay stock internals for a while

Thanks in advance

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi guys
Im a turbo noobie driving a stock D16 civic.
been collecting some info for rojak BOT parts, and the seller of the exhaust manifold suggest SR20 or RB25 turbo as best fit the manifold tapak.
Can anyone share the spec of these SR20 and RB25 turbo? Are they big and slow to spool up by my weak engine?
My aim is just want to improve the torque response, not aiming for high whp as i plan to stay stock internals for a while

Thanks in advance
I don't really understand what did u meant regarding the tapak(flange). However, there are a few SR20 turbo depending on which model of SR20 u are talking about.

Depending on what what turbo manifold u are talking about. Say if u are getting the Infinite Cast iron manifold, then they are T3 flange. If u are going to custom made a banana, then u can go for any turbo flange u want.

RB25DET turbo have T3 flange. Ceramic turbine. Very responsive but when boost 1bar or above, u're exposing the turbo to failure. Ceramic turbo is designed for response and not durability.

SR20, if u are talking about the Nissan silvia S14/15 turbo, it's T28 turbo. This turbo has a T25 flange and the specification is Close to GT2560R. Nice response and high boost capability. Can upgrade to actual GT2560R as they share the same turbo cartridge. But interms of responsiveness, the ceramic turbo above is better. But it's not so bad as it uses ball bearing.

U can also opt for TD04L from mitsubishi 4G93T aka GSR. Also very responsive for a 1.6 stroke. And better durability compare to the RB25DET turbo. An adapter is needed if u needed to convert a T3 flange(at the manifold) to a DSM flange(on the turbo).

There's one more option. The T25 turbo. Which the spec is similar to TD04L. But it's a garrett version. This turbo uses a T25 flange as well.

Bare in mind all the turbo mentioned above is water and oil cooled. U should not run on Oil cooling alone. If u do so, ur turbo shaft will undergo heat soaking and it's not good for the shaft. Mechanil will tell u it's ok to run a turbo without water. Yes, it no big deal, it only reduce the turbo life by half on journal bearing type and even worse for ball bearing turbo.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps....

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
I don't really understand what did u meant regarding the tapak(flange). However, there are a few SR20 turbo depending on which model of SR20 u are talking about.

Depending on what what turbo manifold u are talking about. Say if u are getting the Infinite Cast iron manifold, then they are T3 flange. If u are going to custom made a banana, then u can go for any turbo flange u want.

RB25DET turbo have T3 flange. Ceramic turbine. Very responsive but when boost 1bar or above, u're exposing the turbo to failure. Ceramic turbo is designed for response and not durability.

SR20, if u are talking about the Nissan silvia S14/15 turbo, it's T28 turbo. This turbo has a T25 flange and the specification is Close to GT2560R. Nice response and high boost capability. Can upgrade to actual GT2560R as they share the same turbo cartridge. But interms of responsiveness, the ceramic turbo above is better. But it's not so bad as it uses ball bearing.

U can also opt for TD04L from mitsubishi 4G93T aka GSR. Also very responsive for a 1.6 stroke. And better durability compare to the RB25DET turbo. An adapter is needed if u needed to convert a T3 flange(at the manifold) to a DSM flange(on the turbo).

There's one more option. The T25 turbo. Which the spec is similar to TD04L. But it's a garrett version. This turbo uses a T25 flange as well.

Bare in mind all the turbo mentioned above is water and oil cooled. U should not run on Oil cooling alone. If u do so, ur turbo shaft will undergo heat soaking and it's not good for the shaft. Mechanil will tell u it's ok to run a turbo without water. Yes, it no big deal, it only reduce the turbo life by half on journal bearing type and even worse for ball bearing turbo.

Hi bro
Thanks for these infos. these are super helpful. Yes, was referring the Infinite manifold.
I'd rather go for something off-the-shelf to cut cost.
Also found this thread > http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/tech-forced-induction/325487-d16a-turbo-eg8-2.html

My engine n GB is not top notch anymore, so I'm not aiming for a street beater. I just want the torque power to carry 4 ppl in car go up genting. 0.3bar boost can do that, right?

My engine is a non-vtec d16 and I already have emanage blue. Is the conrod so much weaker than the D16vtec that i should consider changing it as well for under 0.5bar boost?

*maybe i'll continue further posting on that eg8 turbo thread

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi bro
Thanks for these infos. these are super helpful. Yes, was referring the Infinite manifold.
I'd rather go for something off-the-shelf to cut cost.
Also found this thread > http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/tech-forced-induction/325487-d16a-turbo-eg8-2.html

My engine n GB is not top notch anymore, so I'm not aiming for a street beater. I just want the torque power to carry 4 ppl in car go up genting. 0.3bar boost can do that, right?

My engine is a non-vtec d16 and I already have emanage blue. Is the conrod so much weaker than the D16vtec that i should consider changing it as well for under 0.5bar boost?

*maybe i'll continue further posting on that eg8 turbo thread
Yeah.... Banana is nice. But prone to crank. A good durable banana still won't last longer than a cast iron manifold. That is my main worry when it comes to manifold selection.

Ur rods are as good as the vtecs. Don't worry abt it.

a'un

Apr 13, 2009

Not all turbo gt28 from sr14/15 are ball bearing,theres some model using bush/journal bearing in this gt28(sr14/15)..happen to one of my friend,thought all gt28 ball bearing(take out from sr15/buy direct from car owner,not halfcut),then go to tong turbo to mody,suddenly tong said it using ball bearing,he said theres some sr14/15 turbo using bush bearing too,after barai the turbo he's right,it bush/journal bearing,damn..check carefully before buy,the physcl all look 101% same,not all people know this,even the owner also surprise when we told him..cheers..

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I would say to go with the TD025 first. As mentioned it would spool fast on your car. Feel how this turbo is first, then only upgrade to a bigger 1 if you want more and you can live with more lag.
1000cc straight using td0409 lh bro(even this still small),td025 too small for 1.0,u wont feel much power..tune nicely.then no prob at all,just a little bit of lag,or u happy enjoy the tourge all the way huhuhuhuhu..even 660cc nowadays using tdo4l bro,u will feel much diff with td0409,trust me,in the user too..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Not all turbo gt28 from sr14/15 are ball bearing,theres some model using bush/journal bearing in this gt28(sr14/15)..happen to one of my friend,thought all gt28 ball bearing(take out from sr15/buy direct from car owner,not halfcut),then go to tong turbo to mody,suddenly tong said it using ball bearing,he said theres some sr14/15 turbo using bush bearing too,after barai the turbo he's right,it bush/journal bearing,damn..check carefully before buy,the physcl all look 101% same,not all people know this,even the owner also surprise when we told him..cheers..

1000cc straight using td0409 lh bro(even this still small),td025 too small for 1.0,u wont feel much power..tune nicely.then no prob at all,just a little bit of lag,or u happy enjoy the tourge all the way huhuhuhuhu..even 660cc nowadays using tdo4l bro,u will feel much diff with td0409,trust me,in the user too..

For ur information, all GT28R is ball bearing... The turbo from Nissan S14/S15 is T28. The T28 is very similar to GArrett GT2560R. Not 100% similar but 90%. The latest version of S15 doesn't use BB... But majority does....

Actually, it's written in Wikipedia...

Last edited:

a'un

Apr 13, 2009
For ur information, all GT28R is ball bearing... The turbo from Nissan S14/S15 is T28. The T28 is very similar to GArrett GT2560R. Not 100% similar but 90%. The latest version of S15 doesn't use BB... But majority does....

Thats why i told gt28 from sr15/14,not GT28R,for sure diff this 2items..

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008

YeaH !! S15 turbo ball bearing damn nice to use !!
Higher boost more SYOK !! :biggrin:
S14 turbo same with S15 auto ~~
S15 spec R manual is ball bearing ~~

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Taiko ~~ Any upgrade to mine t28 turbo ?? But..after upgrade...I will still boost 0.5 bar only :love: Just want to make more power !
I have some advice...since My car still high cr with low boost... CAn just straight away go for GT2871R with a/r 64 ?? with boost 0.5bar
I think will achieve 250whp++ :D

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all ZTH members,

May i know what is the price like for proton putra turbo conversion? I m currently on stock standard proton putra 1.8cc. Any advice on the conversion? My budget is around RM7k, enough to play around with?

Thanks in advance. looking forward for d replies. .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience