BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Been using it for more than six months now, so far so good. Mostly city use but do outstation once in a blue moon so continuous high speed for a few hours is not a problem. Just make sure u upgrade the cooling system and get your tunings rite. There is no such thing as cannot run high speed often with bot.

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
cheap...and looks like u can get em...

but...

1)tdo4h probably a bit bigger to suits small 1.5 engine...(maybe u can sell and buy td02 or vf21 as replacement)

2)need metal headgasket to lower compression...best would be 1.5mm-2mm

3)need piggyback to tune at the very best..(with gsr ecu/wiring set the engine can run good) but worry if slight lean or slight rich with stock ecu...

4)manual boost controller to keep low boost

5)piping may be 60% can use back....
For no 2) i'm prefer to weld head surface with filler to get low comp,and sure can add how many thicknes that i want...for gasket use normal thick still ok...:biggrin:

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
for how long do using these bot?....did u run high speed often?.....i am planning to do bot but i am liking to run in high speed in the highway....some says if u do bot cannot run high speed often..help me please:adore:
just make sure radiator size,intercooler size(*including position) and oil cooler size can support the cooling needed at high speed...

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
cheap...and looks like u can get em...

but...

1)tdo4h probably a bit bigger to suits small 1.5 engine...(maybe u can sell and buy td02 or vf21 as replacement)

2)need metal headgasket to lower compression...best would be 1.5mm-2mm

3)need piggyback to tune at the very best..(with gsr ecu/wiring set the engine can run good) but worry if slight lean or slight rich with stock ecu...

4)manual boost controller to keep low boost

5)piping maybe 60% can use back....
Thx for your feedback bro.

1) lets assume i may wanna upgrade my engine later, probably a years time, 1.5 to 1.8. What is the downside of using tdo4h(bigger turbo) in 1.5? Turbo lag? if yes, what can i do to counter it?

2) meaning to say, the compression need to be on a lower side. But can a N/A piston's handle a lower compression?

3) whats the cheapest piggyback i can go for? if i dont use any piggyback at the moment, whats the downside of running lean?

4) advisable low boost?

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

For no 2) i'm prefer to weld head surface with 4047 filler gred to get low comp,and sure can add how many thicknes that i want...for gasket use normal thick still ok...:biggrin:
never heard about it before bro. Care to detail it for me?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

just make sure radiator size,intercooler size(*including position) and oil cooler size can support the cooling needed at high speed...
Whats the best radiator size you would go for? evo 123?
intercooler? and preferred size?
can a manual g/box be fitted with a oil cooler?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

1) lets assume i may wanna upgrade my engine later, probably a years time, 1.5 to 1.8. What is the downside of using tdo4h(bigger turbo) in 1.5? Turbo lag? if yes, what can i do to counter it?

2) meaning to say, the compression need to be on a lower side. But can a N/A piston's handle a lower compression?

3) whats the cheapest piggyback i can go for? if i dont use any piggyback at the moment, whats the downside of running lean?

4) advisable low boost?

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

1) yes turbo lagging...can use but don't expect respond at low rpm fast2 like n/a (can use smaller turbo as mentioned earlier (need custom a bit the turbo manifold)

2)

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

4) advisable low boost?

1) yes turbo lagging...can use but don't expect respond at low rpm fast2 like n/a (can use smaller turbo as mentioned earlier (need custom a bit the turbo manifold)

2) atleast for 0.5bar max boost still ok i assume (with proper ignition+fuel tuning)

3) i think greddy e-manage can get around 1k

4) *refer no.2

-evo3 radiator would be perfect choice

-manual box doesn't need oil cooler (atleast for normal use unlike le-mans24hour race)

-but definately engine oil cooler was needed

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

2) atleast for 0.5bar max boost still ok i assume (with proper ignition+fuel tuning)

4) *refer no.2

-manual box doesn't need oil cooler (atleast for normal use unlike le-mans24hour race)

-but definately engine oil cooler was needed[/QUOTE]

Waaah...answer for ur question only ka Pomen GTR....Plz help for me to answer my question also la..
cannot help me meh?...:biggrin: me only know to post Pics...hard to explain lor....ha..ha..:banghead:

BTW for no 1) cannot get the power pulse in NA first ker before turbine start to spool..?but what RPM the rev cut ho?

Last edited:

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
pomen gtr, thx bro..more questions arised since td04h is a lil big for 1.5.

1) what about Subaru IHI RHF4 turbo? its going for rm200..hows the price ( im lost track with the price because its been ages).

2) do i need to modify the gsr exhaust manifold allot to fit in the IHI RHF4 turbine? anyone done it before?

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

4) *refer no.2

-but definately engine oil cooler was needed
Waaah...answer for ur question only ka Pomen GTR....Plz help for me to answer my question also la..
cannot help me meh?...:biggrin: me only know to post Pics...hard to explain lor....ha..ha..:banghead:

BTW for no 1) cannot get the power pulse in NA first ker before turbine start to spool..?but what RPM the rev cut ho?[/QUOTE]

Thx for the feed back bro, engine oil cooler adapts the oil from where bro?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

BTW for no 1) cannot get the power pulse in NA first ker before turbine start to spool..?but what RPM the rev cut ho?

how to answer? u post picture maybe easier to explain....welding head is a bit extreme mod but sometime a good option for "rare" engine that hard to get parts......

pomen gtr, thx bro..more questions arised since td04h is a lil big for 1.5.

1) what about Subaru IHI RHF4 turbo? its going for rm200..hows the price ( im lost track with the price because its been ages).

2) do i need to modify the gsr exhaust manifold allot to fit in the IHI RHF4 turbine? anyone done it before?
Thx for the feed back bro, engine oil cooler adapts the oil from where bro?

iswara bro.... i'm not really sure about ihi rhf4..perhaps u can ask people in some "turbo" discussion segment......

surelu u need modify the turbo adaptor to suits different turbo....for detail u can ask virqai he knows better than me :adore:

oil cooler pipe adapt from oil filter...u can buy plenty of the oil cooler adaptor kit from many brands to suits your car

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
how to answer? u post picture maybe easier to explain....welding head is a bit extreme mod but sometime a good option for "rare" engine that hard to get parts......

Warghh...need a pics gak ker..heee...welding head not extreme mod la,but yes a good option for head max skim and hard to find now like mivec....no complete pics la bro..here old pics that i start to weld the water hole only.this vtec head i'v been weld to add 3mm..But next time mybe can la..at me have 2 head need to weld /swift BOT...now still cuti wife besalin for 2bln already...be mister mama loor...:rofl:

Last edited:

cooljordan

500 RPM
May 12, 2006
Any member here using kia forte 2.0 or sport to bot on turbo? what is ur experience mind to share?

Apr 18, 2013
Seremban
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a used bolt on kit for my Lantis with B6D engine. Don't want to boost kaw2. Just looking a for a little power gain to lighten engine for daily ride & overtaking.

My budget $1500-2000. If anyone selling pls tell me. :itsme:

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
Bot turbo here.just want to ask the differences between maf sensor after turbo (near tb) or before turbo (near air filter) is better?
Numerous reading leads me to believe pre turbo better due to no heat and pressure or oil can damage the maf sensor.
Im using map sensor also just the maf sensor for partial throttle and idle.need some commment

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Bot turbo here.just want to ask the differences between maf sensor after turbo (near tb) or before turbo (near air filter) is better?
Numerous reading leads me to believe pre turbo better due to no heat and pressure or oil can damage the maf sensor.
Im using map sensor also just the maf sensor for partial throttle and idle.need some commment
First of all, there are different type of MAF that's designed to be located in a specific location. Old generation mitsu utilized Karman sensor and it'll only work pre turbo when the air flow is still laminar.

Some, uses hot wire but only detects one way flow. Uf reversed flow detected will gila. Example, Nissan maf sensor.

So, one of those maf that is designed to post turbo is GM which detects and reads flow from one side and doesn't react to flow which is flowing at the opposite direction...

But no matters which type you are using, there's always a reason for a design all MAF has their pro and cons