BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
U need to bore it until the sleeves can be pumped in...

Bump: U need to bore it until the sleeves can be pumped in...

guys, i do face some problems of my project BOT on my satria neo 1.6 auto(h-line)
comments r welcome for my plan below:

stage 1(low boost, which means 0.4bar):
turbo charger, airsearch, from SR20 Fwd
intercooler, maybe get those taiwan made around evo's size from ZTH marketplace
blow off valve, thinking of HKS SSQV2
evo 510cc injector
greddy rebic III
n also to PNP my engine head
from this point i will get a AF meter, boost meter, ext temp meter to gauge my engine's working condition
i may use back the original extractor to plug on the turbine it may fits but require a little mod on the housing.

stage 2(high boost, 0.7bar)
thicker gasket(custom made)
adjustable cam gears
after market fuel rails
adjustable fuel regulator(i heard this thingy got different like for n/a or turbo?)
38mm external wastegate
engine oil cooler
ATF cooler
LCP (if i'm rich enuf -.-)

of the above mentioned cost may cost around RM6k, izzit reasonable?
some would recommend me juz go for a GSR would b easier
appreciate for all pros' comments on my plan
thanx in advance

guys, i do face some problems of my project BOT on my satria neo 1.6 auto(h-line)
comments r welcome for my plan below:

stage 1(low boost, which means 0.4bar):
turbo charger, airsearch, from SR20 FwdHow do you down boost..?
intercooler, maybe get those taiwan made around evo's size from ZTH marketplace
Have you include the intercooler piping yet..? CUstomizing intercooler pipine will cost u like RM800-1K
blow off valve, thinking of HKS SSQV2
evo 510cc injectorLow impedence injectors. May require resistor pack
greddy rebic III
n also to PNP my engine head
What do you mean by that?
from this point i will get a AF meter, boost meter, ext temp meter to gauge my engine's working condition
i may use back the original extractor to plug on the turbine it may fits but require a little mod on the housing.
Original Extractor 4-1..? And the pipes joints under the engine bay rite..? Where do you wanna place ur turbo..?

stage 2(high boost, 0.7bar)
thicker gasket(custom made)
adjustable cam gearsHas to be put on first stage itself to overcome the overlapping problem
after market fuel rails
adjustable fuel regulator(i heard this thingy got different like for n/a or turbo?)Nah... Same only. The purpose is to increase the fuel pressure in the rail in order to support the high capacity supply
38mm external wastegate
engine oil cooler
ATF cooler
LCP (if i'm rich enuf -.-)

of the above mentioned cost may cost around RM6k, izzit reasonable?
some would recommend me juz go for a GSR would b easier
appreciate for all pros' comments on my plan
thanx in advance

Fuel pump in necessary
Exhaust requires bigger diameter

speed2horizon,
thanx for yr comment, the turbo for low boost setup i'll leave it to my mechanic
piping i may ask friends for stainless steel pipings
is the evo injector low performance o what? n what;s resistor pack for? sorry i'm noob in this part at the moment :P
PNP = port n polish
original extractor is 4-1 so easy to mod, i'll juz place the turbo after the extrator where normally cat-con is located
cam gears i'll think of it as to adjust the valve timing for the engine
i'll consider for the fuel pump as i tot original fuel pump will b efficient to supply for my setting
bout the exhaust part, i will juz reconnect everythig back to the exhaust i used which is at diameter of 1.7inch temporary
untill i get to high boost setup i'll go for 2.5inch piping

speed2horizon,
thanx for yr comment, the turbo for low boost setup i'll leave it to my mechanic
piping i may ask friends for stainless steel pipings
is the evo injector low performance o what? n what;s resistor pack for? sorry i'm noob in this part at the moment :P
Low impedence. Means the impedence are low for the signals... If i am not mistaken. That's y u need a resistor pack.
PNP = port n polish
Not needed. Why wanna go for port and polish
original extractor is 4-1 so easy to mod, i'll juz place the turbo after the extrator where normally cat-con is located Then, ur intake pipe will go from all the way down.
cam gears i'll think of it as to adjust the valve timing for the engine
U'll need it to overcome the overapping the overlapping of the NA engine characteristic.
i'll consider for the fuel pump as i tot original fuel pump will b efficient to supply for my settingIf u say so, then ok la. But ur pump has to be sufficient to cope with the new air capacity. Else too lean can cause chamber overheating. Then knocking. Even melting up ur pistons.
bout the exhaust part, i will juz reconnect everythig back to the exhaust i used which is at diameter of 1.7inch temporary. Not afraid of back pressure and damage the turbine fin..?
untill i get to high boost setup i'll go for 2.5inch piping

Good luck in your project... But if u have the budget, i suggest to got for a transplant. I am a BOTer too...

bout the injectors, i'll see what my mechanic will tell me then :P
well i tot PNP can get better response for the engine
the intake pipes design may b juz like a kancil turbo wif front mount intercooler's design
n for sure i'll take cam gears into first stage then n easier for tuning
fuel pump issue, i'll monitor the A/F, if stil too lean then i'll change it :P
for the small exhaust pipes, i'll add a wastegate to overcome this problem else juz welding a pipe from the internal wastegate which ppl called kampung mod :
thanx for yr comment bro
appreciate so much
reason i wan BOT instead of change engine coz lazy -.- scare wanna turn back stock hav to hug engines in n out -.-

bout the injectors, i'll see what my mechanic will tell me then :PHmm very relative issue. Actually discussed in other threads before. Sometimes ppl get use it and no problem. Someitmes, ppl burnt their ECU... So, could be luck related things. But the fact is, low impedence injectors require resistor pack.
well i tot PNP can get better response for the engineYes it does. But will cost a bulk if wanna do it with the right way. And will act like slow effect poison in not done properly. Causing internals to fail slowly due to inconsistance flow. But i may suggest to sandpaper off the injection lines in the port to make the flow better.
the intake pipes design may b juz like a kancil turbo wif front mount intercooler's design Oh ya. The CAMPRO uses MAP sensor rite.
n for sure i'll take cam gears into first stage then n easier for tuning
fuel pump issue, i'll monitor the A/F, if stil too lean then i'll change it :P Good
for the small exhaust pipes, i'll add a wastegate to overcome this problem else juz welding a pipe from the internal wastegate which ppl called kampung mod : haha... I know what u mean. I am using.
thanx for yr comment bro
appreciate so much
reason i wan BOT instead of change engine coz lazy -.- scare wanna turn back stock hav to hug engines in n out -.-

Hang in hang out...? lolz... Happy modding then

Hello all, I'm starting a BOT project for my Satria Neo
I've collected most of the "hardware" parts: turbine(rebuilt @ Tong Turbo),intercooler,boost controller, blow off valve, open pod type air filter

What I am missing now: Engine management, extra injector,turbo manifold,downpipe,intercooler piping, oil return hose(steel braided)

Can anyone suggest places for customising turbo manifold for Campro? I've been asking most of the places and they quoted me Rm 800 for cast iron type and Rm 1200 for stainless steel, was hoping for a cheaper solution

What kind of injector can be used as in "extra injector" to be installed on the air ram before throttle body?

Thanks in advance.

speed2horizon,
after discussed wif my mechanic, he said my greddy rebic III has the resistor pack adi :p
n PNP part i'll leave to my mechanic as he's experienced in this thingy
i may think to get an external wastegate then since ot don cost that much but few hundreds

neo0316
maybe u can refer to what i discussed wif speed2horizon of the BOT project on my neo
if possible u can get unichip as for me i use injector controller is enuf as we do not hav tuner for unichip unless standalone which cost a bomb
for low budget i would use back the original 4-1 extractor for my turbo to bolt on :P

Hello all, I'm starting a BOT project for my Satria Neo
I've collected most of the "hardware" parts: turbine(rebuilt @ Tong Turbo),intercooler,boost controller, blow off valve, open pod type air filter

What I am missing now: Engine management, extra injector,turbo manifold,downpipe,intercooler piping, oil return hose(steel braided)

Can anyone suggest places for customising turbo manifold for Campro? I've been asking most of the places and they quoted me Rm 800 for cast iron type and Rm 1200 for stainless steel, was hoping for a cheaper solution

What kind of injector can be used as in "extra injector" to be installed on the air ram before throttle body?

Thanks in advance.

Well, if you use extra injectors, u will need to use injector harness of the e-manage as well. Why not change to a bigger injectors.

Injector capacity depended on you boost target.

Turbo manifold u've got no choice except customizing it because there are no second hand.

And also a straight flow exhaust system.

U did not mention any specification on the turbo. What turbo u using..? If the turbo has got no internal actuator, then u have to get yourself a wastegate.

speed2horizon,
after discussed wif my mechanic, he said my greddy rebic III has the resistor pack adi :p
n PNP part i'll leave to my mechanic as he's experienced in this thingy
i may think to get an external wastegate then since ot don cost that much but few hundreds

neo0316
maybe u can refer to what i discussed wif speed2horizon of the BOT project on my neo
if possible u can get unichip as for me i use injector controller is enuf as we do not hav tuner for unichip unless standalone which cost a bomb
for low budget i would use back the original 4-1 extractor for my turbo to bolt on :P

Hello bro, thanks for the reply! :proud:
I was on my way reading this long thread, I'm halfway on page 117 now after reading for more than a week from page 1. If u don't mind please share what u have done on ur neo :)
I am most probably going for e-manage as I've seen few successful BOT project running without any major problems

Well, if you use extra injectors, u will need to use injector harness of the e-manage as well. Why not change to a bigger injectors.

Injector capacity depended on you boost target.

Turbo manifold u've got no choice except customizing it because there are no second hand.

And also a straight flow exhaust system.

U did not mention any specification on the turbo. What turbo u using..? If the turbo has got no internal actuator, then u have to get yourself a wastegate.

Changing to bigger capacity injectors' under one of my consideration also, I've tried to ask around but no one could really tell which injectors are plug and play for campro
I am planning to boost on a safe side, most probably 0.5 - 0.6 maximum. I am hoping for a mild-powered setup without sacrificing drivability.
Yeah I know custom made turbo manifold is the only solution but was hoping if anyone did it at a minimum price which I've been sourcing for all the time.
I am using Garrett AR48 with built in actuator, sent for basic repair kit + balancing @ Tong Turbo.

Hello bro, thanks for the reply! :proud:
I was on my way reading this long thread, I'm halfway on page 117 now after reading for more than a week from page 1. If u don't mind please share what u have done on ur neo :)
I am most probably going for e-manage as I've seen few successful BOT project running without any major problems

Changing to bigger capacity injectors' under one of my consideration also, I've tried to ask around but no one could really tell which injectors are plug and play for campro
I am planning to boost on a safe side, most probably 0.5 - 0.6 maximum. I am hoping for a mild-powered setup without sacrificing drivability.
Yeah I know custom made turbo manifold is the only solution but was hoping if anyone did it at a minimum price which I've been sourcing for all the time.
I am using Garrett AR48 with built in actuator, sent for basic repair kit + balancing @ Tong Turbo.

mine stil in planning stage coz stil got lots of things to buy tho i got some ready
what i know is even emanage may not hav much effect on neo's siemen ecu unless u use it as yr injector controller
well if u hav neo's wiring diagram i would appreciate that
for stock internal in yr engine it's better not to boost over 0.4 unless u get yrself a thicker gasket than stock

mine stil in planning stage coz stil got lots of things to buy tho i got some ready
what i know is even emanage may not hav much effect on neo's siemen ecu unless u use it as yr injector controller
well if u hav neo's wiring diagram i would appreciate that
for stock internal in yr engine it's better not to boost over 0.4 unless u get yrself a thicker gasket than stock

Thank you for the info bro :)
I've already consulted Thomas from GT Auto, he's got the solution to the tuning as according to him. Yes i will add on an injector harness to control the extra injector but can anyone please share what injector can be used as extra injector?
And what bigger capacity injectors can be used to replace the stock one ?

Provided Campro(1.6L) is already running on metal gasket, if im seeking for lower compression where can I get custom made thicker gasket ? Stacking up the gasket don't seem to be a solution to me.

Do u have a photo of ur turbo manifold?

I've already consulted Thomas from GT Auto, he's got the solution to the tuning as according to him. Yes i will add on an injector harness to control the extra injector but can anyone please share what injector can be used as extra injector?

Provided Campro(1.6L) is already running on metal gasket, if im seeking for lower compression where can I get custom made thicker gasket ? Stacking up the gasket don't seem to be a solution to me.

if u don mind get me the wiring diagram i will b thank you verymuch :P
custom gasket can b make but might cost quite a lot maybe hundreds
i thinking to use back the original extractor n juz mod a bit juz to fit my turbo then i can save a bit from spending on after market extractor :P

Hmm.... If ur stock injectors are like 4G92P, which is 180+cc, then U might need to target it to around 1500cc in total. (in reference to GSR set up) So, having 4pcs of 180cc injectors + 2 pcs of 390cc injectors may suit ur need. Providing ur maximum boost is at 0.7bar. But having bigger injectors is better.

1) because the price doesn;t differ so much comparing 390cc and 450cc.
2) U can reduce the capacity/spray volume of an oversized injector, but u cannot increase the capacity of an undersized injector.
3) Undersized injector will work harder to spray the same volume of fuel compare to a bigger size injector. So, less effort increase the durability.

Thicker gasket for Campro engine is not easy to find as 1 batch of gasket leaks in the past. So, most of the gaskets are now carbon gasket. 1pc of custom made gasket will cost u a bulk.

U may also consider about having an aluminum fuel rail due to the bigger capacity fuel pump that will be supplying greater capacity and pressure.

Btw, customizing manifold from the stock manifold can be a solution, but will not perform as good as tubular manifold. The option is actually short and straight forward, or long but goes up and down to create a sifon effect for better flow efficiency and energy loss. And if it's long, the make sure the flow length are equivalent or it will cause turbulence withing the turbine.

happy BOTing :)

Last edited:
i thinking to use back the original extractor n juz mod a bit juz to fit my turbo then i can save a bit from spending on after market extractor :P

No problem bro,I'll post it up here if im able to get it :)
I don't mind spending few hundred on the thick gasket alone provided it gives stronger durability

Bump:

I don't mind spending few hundred on the thick gasket alone provided it gives stronger durability

Bump:
Hmm.... If ur stock injectors are like 4G92P, which is 180+cc, then U might need to target it to around 1500cc in total. (in reference to GSR set up) So, having 4pcs of 180cc injectors + 2 pcs of 390cc injectors may suit ur need. Providing ur maximum boost is at 0.7bar. But having bigger injectors is better.

1) because the price doesn;t differ so much comparing 390cc and 450cc.
2) U can reduce the capacity/spray volume of an oversized injector, but u cannot increase the capacity of an undersized injector.
3) Undersized injector will work harder to spray the same volume of fuel compare to a bigger size injector. So, less effort increase the durability.

Thicker gasket for Campro engine is not easy to find as 1 batch of gasket leaks in the past. So, most of the gaskets are now carbon gasket. 1pc of custom made gasket will cost u a bulk.

U may also consider about having an aluminum fuel rail due to the bigger capacity fuel pump that will be supplying greater capacity and pressure.

Btw, customizing manifold from the stock manifold can be a solution, but will not perform as good as tubular manifold. The option is actually short and straight forward, or long but goes up and down to create a sifon effect for better flow efficiency and energy loss. And if it's long, the make sure the flow length are equivalent or it will cause turbulence withing the turbine.

happy BOTing :)

2) U can reduce the capacity/spray volume of an oversized injector, but u cannot increase the capacity of an undersized injector. <---- This is so true:adore:

Thank you so much for the info bro, but the problem is that I don't even know the capacity of my stock injectors, can someone help me out on this?

Do u happen to know any shop that can fabricate quality manifold within affordable price range? Thanks in advance

Bump:

Bump:

2) U can reduce the capacity/spray volume of an oversized injector, but u cannot increase the capacity of an undersized injector. <---- This is so true:adore:

Thank you so much for the info bro, but the problem is that I don't even know the capacity of my stock injectors, can someone help me out on this?

Do u happen to know any shop that can fabricate quality manifold within affordable price range? Thanks in advance

For mitsubishi, the injectors are printed with the capacity.

Manifold kah..? Not sure leh. KLGAUTO got i think.

For mitsubishi, the injectors are printed with the capacity.

Manifold kah..? Not sure leh. KLGAUTO got i think.

ermm alright
One last question, should I upgrade my clutch to semi-racing type before I starting to do BOT as I've been using the stock clutch from the day I got my car?

As I was worrying the worn out stock clutch won't be able to perform well during and after tuning the piggyback.

If I change my clutch later on, do I need to go back to my tuner for another tuning?

ermm alright
One last question, should I upgrade my clutch to semi-racing type before I starting to do BOT as I've been using the stock clutch from the day I got my car?

As I was worrying the worn out stock clutch won't be able to perform well during and after tuning the piggyback.

If I change my clutch later on, do I need to go back to my tuner for another tuning?

Well. regarding clutch. There is not so much of a problem. U can go ahead BOT first. For light boost BOT, the clutch may not slip too often. But if u like to boost alot, then the clutch may be insuficient. If ur rev, and ur car doesn't move during the clutch engaged, then u know ur clutch is slipping.

Then u consider changing to a semi/full race clutch.

Sometimes, when u wanna BOT for cost saving, and u worry too much about the end performance that can be upgraded later, then considering this and that and finally u are back to square 1, or u've actually spent more than the money for transplant...

But most important thing is, overall engine health condition.

neo0316, would appreciate if u really provide the wiring diagram here:P
n also maybe if i wanan custom make thicker gasket i may invite u so we can boost higher to 0.7 :P

true the total cost may b like engine transplant, even i got sources for most of the parts i need, total has exceed RM6k without labour yet

Top Bottom