BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Apr 23, 2009
Any 4G13p carbie here done bolt-on before? wanna get some comment and review bout it.:wavey:
if so, then how the total cost...??
hav to convert to injeksion or stick wit carbie for bolt on mod??

Bump: Any 4G13p carbie here done bolt-on before? wanna get some comment and review bout it.:wavey:
if so, then how the total cost...??
hav to convert to injeksion or stick wit carbie for bolt on mod??

Mar 21, 2008
Not quite agree. The ultimate driving machine on track today is still NA. The Formula 1.... Tell me which 2.4L forced induction engine in the world generating 900-1000Bhp wthout lag.... F1 does.... Kakaka.... Turbo is just another way of increasing the capacity by increasing the intake pressure when needed... Oppsss.... I meant when wanted.. hehee....
Bro...thankss for your information !!:biggrin: HEHE!!
But...let say...we are just comparing this in street racing....not about F1 Formula...hard to compare with F1 Formula ler ^^
cause...my friend and me had prove this comparition...aabout N/A and Turbo...
My fren both are WAJA 1.8 Manual...
one had done a lot of modification about N/A ^port a lot of polish^ ..throttle body..header...engine balancing and bla bla bla...about RM8-10k...
another friend just bolt on turbo... wif TD05... and boosting about 7-8psi only...
but...when they two race...it really MUCH DIFFERENT !! the N/A Waja..from start (pick up)until the end... also lose kau kau ler....the turbo waja really awesome !!:adore:
In my advice... actually that is (NOT FAIR)...
coz..one already had force induction ...can't compare with other is just N/A...
Turbo ride should vs Turbo or s/c ride not N/A^^
oh ya ~!!! PPL who modify their car...they all are loookinng for more POWER , SPEED , TORQUE !!but...if modify N/A same cost wif bolt on turbo...i really suggest ...
TURBO KIT !!
FAST AND FURIOUS!!
and...
turbo although will make engine overheat ....but... wont HARM to the engine ler ^^
my car already bolt on turbo about 1 year ago...but still ntg effect ^^ HEHE!!
anyway,,,
THANKSS FOR UR SHARING !!
CHEERRSS!!:tee:[/QUOTE]

I TRULY AGREES WITH YOU TOO.....No matter how you PNP, balancing or etc, nothing beats the power of forced induction.

IMHO, all the enhancement done to engine head + internals upgrade, the money spent on BOT is even worth every single horsie BOT outputs :biggrin:

Bump:
Not quite agree. The ultimate driving machine on track today is still NA. The Formula 1.... Tell me which 2.4L forced induction engine in the world generating 900-1000Bhp wthout lag.... F1 does.... Kakaka.... Turbo is just another way of increasing the capacity by increasing the intake pressure when needed... Oppsss.... I meant when wanted.. hehee....
But...let say...we are just comparing this in street racing....not about F1 Formula...hard to compare with F1 Formula ler ^^
one had done a lot of modification about N/A ^port a lot of polish^ ..throttle body..header...engine balancing and bla bla bla...about RM8-10k...
another friend just bolt on turbo... wif TD05... and boosting about 7-8psi only...
but...when they two race...it really MUCH DIFFERENT !! the N/A Waja..from start (pick up)until the end... also lose kau kau ler....the turbo waja really awesome !!:adore:
oh ya ~!!! PPL who modify their car...they all are loookinng for more POWER , SPEED , TORQUE !!but...if modify N/A same cost wif bolt on turbo...i really suggest ...
TURBO KIT !!
FAST AND FURIOUS!!
and...
turbo although will make engine overheat ....but... wont HARM to the engine ler ^^
anyway,,,
CHEERRSS!!:tee:[/QUOTE]

I TRULY AGREES WITH YOU TOO.....No matter how you PNP, balancing or etc, nothing beats the power of forced induction.

IMHO, all the enhancement done to engine head + internals upgrade, the money spent on BOT is even worth every single horsie BOT outputs :biggrin:

Example:
Stock Engine On Crank 120hp / 145nm torque
( On wheel about 90whp / 110nm )

After PNP + Balancing + ETC (about 12% Improvement)
(Maybe you get 105whp / 130nm)

IF you BOT, close eyes boost 0.6bars, can get 220bhp / 200nm torque!
(About 70% improvement!)

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
TURBO KIT !!
FAST AND FURIOUS!!
and...
anyway,,,
CHEERRSS!!:tee:

Bro... U are right.... BOT is the most cost effective interms of HP:$$$ And F1 overheat on the road when idle and not moving for more than 5mins. The engine is air cooled.

However, I can't totally agree with you. BOT is cost effective and it won;t make ur engine overheat. It's a little bit hotter when boosting, but those are not major problem. Regarding performance, the powerband and responsiveness is different. And 1.8 with TD05 sapu from 1st gear..?:hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

No lag kah...? And I wonder how TD05 down boost. Not to condemn, just learning. Wastegate got 0.4bar, boost controller can upboost, but down boost...? Can kah..? please specify the brand and model, again I am still learning. If actuator, maybe can. modify the actuator with thread and extend the lever.

Even GSR with TD05 already feeling the lag. Unless ur friend uses the VR4 manual TD05 14b. And one thing about BOT, the stress on the engine is much higher compare to NAs. Please don;t look down on NAs.

McLaren F1, the fastest car since 1998 until 2005. 7 years record until Buggati Veyron was borned. Even then, Buggati Veyron is an 8L Turbocharged.

So, there is no right and wrong in the matter...

Well, BOT is still fun. Happy boosting...!!!!

Cheers...

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2008
well, in our JDM cars' case, BOT is the solution, coz we cant afford a power NA like maclaren, hahah

thanks horizon, you're really helpful in ZTH:wavey:

Bump: well, in our JDM cars' case, BOT is the solution, coz we cant afford a power NA like maclaren, hahah

Bump: well, in our JDM cars' case, BOT is the solution, coz we cant afford a power NA like maclaren, hahah

Mar 21, 2008
update, i just got myself a TD04, Emanage and IC.....now still hunting good used stuff, hehe

Bump: update, i just got myself a TD04, Emanage and IC.....now still hunting good used stuff, hehe

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
update, i just got myself a TD04, Emanage and IC.....now still hunting good used stuff, hehe

Bump: update, i just got myself a TD04, Emanage and IC.....now still hunting good used stuff, hehe
Get yourself bigger capacity injectors in order to support the increment of fuel supply due to extra air entering your engine. However, U need to identify of the injectors are low/high impedance. If the injectors are low impedance, Ur engine wiring suppose to have resistor pack.

Mar 21, 2008
thanks horizon,

but these things my tuner will prepare for me.....just bought a good deal BOV :D

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Haha... At the end of the day, It's the sound that matters more... kaka... What BOV u bought..?

sweezer

Oct 6, 2004
hi,

i just BOT my b18c, the car still in workshop to install with emanage and other setting...
still not get the clear picture how its gonna happen with stock b18c engine, only adding metal gasket and upgrade the fuel pump and big injector.:hmmmm:

Bump: hi,

i just BOT my b18c, the car still in workshop to install with emanage and other setting...
still not get the clear picture how its gonna happen with stock b18c engine, only adding metal gasket and upgrade the fuel pump and big injector.:hmmmm:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
U may need to find a way to overcome the Overlapping issue with NA cams. Adjustable cam pulley may solve the problem.

Metal gasket is something essential for CR reduction. But i would recommend to add in sleeve to reinforce the cylinder wall of an aluminum block.

Bump: U may need to find a way to overcome the Overlapping issue with NA cams. Adjustable cam pulley may solve the problem.

Metal gasket is something essential for CR reduction. But i would recommend to add in sleeve to reinforce the cylinder wall of an aluminum block.

sweezer

Oct 6, 2004
U may need to find a way to overcome the Overlapping issue with NA cams. Adjustable cam pulley may solve the problem.

Bump: U may need to find a way to overcome the Overlapping issue with NA cams. Adjustable cam pulley may solve the problem.

thank for the comment, do you know where workshop or machine shop that can add sleeve in the block?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
to my understanding, the first thing u should do is to find the sleeve... aka block guard and other different name. Then i guess most of the engineering shop that does machining work for engine can do it. It's just a force fitting method. just rebore and pump in the sleeve.
just a force fitting method. just rebore and pump in the sleeve.

Last edited:

mrafif

Known Member
Mar 1, 2007
Hello all~

can high compression engine do this BOT? like example 1.3(A) campro engine..

hope u guys can give advice.. thanks. :adore:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hello all~

can high compression engine do this BOT? like example 1.3(A) campro engine..

hope u guys can give advice.. thanks. :adore:
High compression engine can BOT. But requires compression reduction by either,

1) Changing the pistons into low compression pistons, which cost alot. Or,
2) Changing the head gasket into a thicker gasket. Most of the time metal gasket. But there are hardly thick metal gasket in the market available for Campro. So, maybe you can add in double silicon/carbon gasket.

However, BOT campro requires customized exhaust manifold.

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
hi all.... just wondering laa... any of u guys have knowledge or experience upgrading a 4g93p BOT? Currently im running at 1bar with 450cc injector, tdo5h dunno how many g, metal gasket, 93dL pistons (any knows this one from what engine?) and haltech e6k. Im intending to boost higher at 1.4bar. By doing that, i plan to put in ford b8 NA conrod wit toyota supercharge piston. Any other things I need to do to fit in those things? Any negative side effects?

mrafif

Known Member
Mar 1, 2007
High compression engine can BOT. But requires compression reduction by either,

1) Changing the pistons into low compression pistons, which cost alot. Or,
2) Changing the head gasket into a thicker gasket. Most of the time metal gasket. But there are hardly thick metal gasket in the market available for Campro. So, maybe you can add in double silicon/carbon gasket.

However, BOT campro requires customized exhaust manifold.
owh~ thanks for the reply...

for the option NO.2 , do u mean i need to make my current stock engine be low compression first by changing the gasket? :confused:

customized exhaust manifold? like banana? :hmmmm:

:adore::adore:

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
to my understanding, the first thing u should do is to find the sleeve... aka block guard and other different name. Then i guess most of the engineering shop that does machining work for engine can do it. It's just a force fitting method. just rebore and pump in the sleeve.
just a force fitting method. just rebore and pump in the sleeve.
hehe bro, if im not wrong, block guard and sleeves are diffrent things
lets take vtec for an example

this are block guards

theese are sleeves

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hehe bro, if im not wrong, block guard and sleeves are diffrent things
lets take vtec for an example

this are block guards

theese are sleeves

Right... thanks for the correction...
I was found out days after posting.. then haven;t have the time to correct it...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Jin, in order to use sleeves. The stock bore need to be rebored until the sleeve can fit in or there's another way?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello to all Neo CPSzz Ownerz..too soon to change the brake plate..any prob with yourz 2?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience