• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Guys,

Care to share your experience on this? Gud or bad

Also the eg TB (60mm) can bore till what maximum size without much problems?

How much does it cost you to do it. I have heard of below RM100 to RM300+. Whats the diff? The changing of the butterfly?

Yiloong

500 RPM
Oct 2, 2005
if i am not mistaken eg tb can be rebore and change butterfly to 64mm optimum.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
i'll share this with u... idling is not gonna be so smooth anymore.. but u can still live with it....

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
hmmm...agree with 64mm is the max...if larger than that the side wall will be too thin and cud make it uneven (NOT 100% rounda) n this is the reason why u cant get smooth idle...air can slips in through the gap between the tb TB and the butterfly itself.... however, the engine response will be feelable....

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
Good : you would probably achieve a faster throttle response and increase the volume of air that enter your engine.

Bad : if the machine shop does it wrongly, unevenly and leaks. sometimes they dont do port matching to your intake and they also do not reset your TPS to calibrate with the new size.

EG would be a 60mm. My suggestion is to go 2mm more would be sufficient for your engine, i assume a minor mod?.

Cost relatively a few hundreds and dont forget the labour cost to.

You can try MingFatt(Lochi) or Supertune(Ah Jiew) as they may have bored TBs for sale since they do vtec extensively and you dont have to spend time waiting.

Do take note that doing this TB thing is a minimal upgrade which contributes good power in your future mods. if you are hoping for 10whp, forget abt it.

Have a good week.

integramania said:
Guys,

Care to share your experience on this? Gud or bad

Also the eg TB (60mm) can bore till what maximum size without much problems?

How much does it cost you to do it. I have heard of below RM100 to RM300+. Whats the diff? The changing of the butterfly?

Last edited:

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
i did correction on my previous post, its 60mm for EG and the 1st gen b16a are 58mm. sorry about that.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
dude,
ori EK9 TB is 60mm or 62mm?got sum argument here over @ my side..i know ITR is 62mm,right?EK9?
n intake manifold,any diff btween ITR vs CTR?all i know is TB shud b diff n injectors too,right?d fuel pressure regulator too,right?....

J101,
u better stop here b4 u get 2 ur 4throttle stuffs yea?hhahhaha

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
im still in the learning curve lah akuma :p

the CTR should be 60mm. ITR would be 62mm. that is the reason why the complete intake/injector/TB/fuelrail for ITR is RM200 more expensive than the CTR. the injectors are the same.

akuma said:
dude,
ori EK9 TB is 60mm or 62mm?got sum argument here over @ my side..i know ITR is 62mm,right?EK9?
n intake manifold,any diff btween ITR vs CTR?all i know is TB shud b diff n injectors too,right?d fuel pressure regulator too,right?....

J101,
u better stop here b4 u get 2 ur 4throttle stuffs yea?hhahhaha

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
actually boring the TB is just boring the outer part....that won't give u much difference....

if u really want more air, go get aftermarket TB tat uses a 70mm butterfly.....

someone told me even spoon's TB is a fake one....only the outer is big, but the butterfly is not that big......dunno is true or not.....

bro, wat cams r u using? u must match everything.....big bore TB is not needed is u r using stock cams....

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
the spoon TB is actually a tappered bored ITR TB. the reason why ppl say its no point of buying spoon its because spoon is brand new (RM1300 roughly) and you hardly see ppl buying brand new ITR TB. the good fact abt spoon TB is for those with non-ITR engines. the cost to get a brand new ITR TB and the cost to mod it will get the same price of a spoon TB. Spoon wont go overbored with their mods as they aim for complete reliability endurance package. yes, the butterfly is the same size with the ITR, only the outer diameter is 70mm which can slice a carrot into half.

ITR inner measurement diameter - 62ish mm
ITR outer measurement diameter - 67ish mm

so it makes sense if they were to tappered down to 70mm on the outer diameter.

but then again, its the brand SPOON it is for hardcore enthusiats that willing to spend.

JUN has the 80mm custom TB, but its meant for their jun intake plenum. i think cincai will cost us nealy RM8000 for a custom intake with 2 months waiting period.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
xxxx,
fuiiyyoohh..u dono integrmania arr??ppl running B18CR 1 ler..u think kicimiau B16A like u meh?but me lagi worst,Si..chit!!! =)

integramania,
i duno y lar but i find it hard 2 blif wat u tel me...but since J101 oso sed d same thg,ok lar.i blip u dis time...same..ahhahah

J101,
dats wat i keep telling those kids..Type R stuffs r good enuff 4 their "relatively heavily modded" Hondas....but no..they keep wanting SPOON,JUN,JG,bla bla..but hey..who m i 2 tell them wat 2 do...i'm a Si fan wat?n if my lecture is successful,alot of performance shops will hate me ler..ahahaaha....so,whn ur gonna start ur 4 throttle psycho here?hehehhehe

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
if b18cR then no need to bore la..... unless high cams....then go get something like JUN, BDL, Erick's racings 's TB.....

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
J101 said:
im still in the learning curve lah akuma :p

the CTR should be 60mm. ITR would be 62mm. that is the reason why the complete intake/injector/TB/fuelrail for ITR is RM200 more expensive than the CTR. the injectors are the same.
how to confirm that ctr n itr injector is the same spec? any source i can refer fr net?

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
akuma.....wah menas most of the things i say u think I know nuts lar...hmmm...

anyway u the senior member mah...kakakaka

wat abt running on a 60mm TB with an UTR intake...just putting in the intake also can feel some diff already...if bore to 62mm or 64mm is it worth it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hellou...im new here..so im sorry if this will b a double thread but i cant seem 2 find answers that i want bout thiz subject. can other bodykits b used with proton tiara ? if can whut would it be, n where can i get it. i got those phone numbers regarding tiara sports rim, but no bodykits threads been found.

anyone can gimme ideas for modding tiara just reply 2 thiz thread or pm me....ur help would b much appriciated. thanx alot. have a nice day.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience