Boost leak problem seems unsolveable?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
Just to share my exhaust manifold crack due to 'vibration' from the downpipe(exhaust fabricator use short type stainless flexi hose-so when wot and engine move to back and forth the whole exhaust system got pull/stress)
When wot can hear the whole front engine resonannce/vibrate like 'zzzzzz'inggg. Fix the crack by welding and change the flexi hose too long type.no more weird resonance during wot.

Sound like tractor at idle,actually its the exhaust pulse come out from the crack area.(maybe due to my hicam also as the sound goes in pulses)
The drop in power at 5k rpm might be the pressure inside the turbo manifold was abruptly reduce from the leak area to sustain the turbo rpm/boost

phillipbmx

Jun 29, 2015
NZ
For the TD05 conversion, will any manifold from evo 4 - 9 mixed with any turbo from evo 4 - 9 bolt up? And as long as i run a evo 7 down pipe it should all match up? And then I just need to sort the fan issue and im good to go? Keep hesitating to buy parts when im not 100% sure.

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
manifold basically the same evo4~9 and will bolt to evo 4~9 turbo.(oil and water line different for evo9 turbo btw as i'm using evo9 base turbo)
Evo7 downpipe will bolt on to evo 789 turbo/turbo outlet only as evo 456 have different turbo outlet housing downpipe flange.it can fit to the earlier(456) turbo outlet with some minor modification btw.

For the TD05 conversion, will any manifold from evo 4 - 9 mixed with any turbo from evo 4 - 9 bolt up? And as long as i run a evo 7 down pipe it should all match up? And then I just need to sort the fan issue and im good to go? Keep hesitating to buy parts when im not 100% sure.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Shell Lubricants has released two new high performance market-leading heavy duty diesel engine oils with the Shell Rimula range -- the Shell Rimula R5 LE and Shell Rimula R6 LM.

<!--more-->The Shell Rimula R5 LE is the first synthetic-technology heavy duty...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience