4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
At first i told u my car was misfiring rite
Finally today i managed to notice something
Actually my boost was creeping till 0.8 on 4th gear and 0.85 on 5th gear
went home , bought new pcv hoses and fixed em
bought new plugs also to solve misfiring
i got the BPR6ES-11 , 11 is not 63t gap , so i took the gapping tool and made it 0.7mm
ready to go for test drive
wuish run run run..
4krpm prap prap prap like machine gun from exhaust
I was like WTF
changed to my old plugs
same thing.. machine gun shooting
changed to Vr4 blow off.. still machine gun shooting
so i decided to do an experiment ;)
took the BOV and vent it to atmo , the intake i stuff a battery and tied it
while driving i notice that when building up boost
there is already sound of air blowing out of the BOV
so condired leak rite ?
pasang balik normal route , took for a ride.
so now drive only under boost 0 - 0.3 , more than that sure misfire
do you tink m BOV kong ?
or could be actuator or something
i notice now at 4th gear , i am driving with some feeling of boost
but my boost meter showing Zero Bar or less..
then suddenly i lepas minyak and tekan balik , it will show back 0.3-0.5
reach 0.5 start to misfire.. ops
another thing
at first gear my boost meter Never shows more than 0 bar..
i tekan till redline also still 0bar

Itab

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Serdang
Visit site
misfiring sound ah?is it becos u're running too rich?
me no expert in these stuffs la
but last time when i had an apexi safc,add fuel kao kao dee....tekan tekan got tht kinda sound coming from exhaust......
juz my 2 cents ;)

GTi_T

Nov 15, 2003
PJ now Scotland
Visit site
I've been there once.... my problem was the hose connecting to i/c & turbine leaking or connection loose..

& sometimes is your fuel filter or fuel pump....

but not so sure about yours....

just my opinion....

speedz1665

500 RPM
Aug 3, 2004
1 step
Buy 2 bottle of petrol

2nd step
opne bonnet.

3 step
pour petrol in engine bay

4th step
ignite petrol

5th step
kiss engine good bye

6th step
buy another evo 3

7th step
send to good mech for fixing

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
speedz :P
no msn in lab la boringnye hehe
i got another way
jack the front two wheels
open up the turbine
place your hand there
i tekan full la :P

then see if turbine spools ok :P
maybe this way u can get td05-finger blades hehehe and lubricated with blood

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
LOL speedz...btw jinkl sorry to say this but i see alot of postings u made saying ur ccar engine got probs..isit ur mech cant be trustable, as in make ur engine alot of probs and want u to come back again and again to solve the probs = more money he will make..no hard feelings ya..jus voice out my thoughts..btw i faced similar probs b4 wen i boost around 0.9 bar...got machine gun sound...i change bigger cc injectors and probs solved..first i thought it was my spark plug, tried chaning to HKS but prob still persist so go for VR4 injectors den so far so good .. another experience is after Batu 3...the nex day turbo hose came out without me noticing, start engine fine, wen driving and try to boost, sound like Boxster oredi, can see turbo lites but no boost coming in, den after knowing it is turbo hose polug it back den probs solve..jus a kecik prob..
another thing u can try is check ur fuel tank, fuel pump...this one my frens experience, wira turbo, evrythin is set in proper condition but still got prob, thought intercooler hose leaking, go put stainless steel den check fuel pump , replace it, den prob still exist..last thing check fuel tank, out of their knowledge, fuel tank dirty , can find dry leaves...i think dat dry leaves stuff the hole dat is connecting to other hose, clean it den prob solved..eermm..another possibilities shud be ur BOV leaking..but it shud not be until this stage of prob i guess..mebi oni RPM idling wont be stable ...jus my 2 cents in this ..

btw good luck in solving ur probs..i know is kinda headache this kind of things to happen to our ride..money involved and time taken..sigh..wht to do, car lover sure mind alot of those probs one..eheheh...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
GSR5559 :
hehe
i post here cos want to check some stuff on my own b4 jumping to mech :D
some thing small small but causes lots of problems
hehe.. will check on the hoses ..
friday sudah masuk bengkel if i cant solved
zth member DKOO will borrow me his bov for me to trouble shoot to know my bov kong or not
actually i got a fren name : speedz1665 la but he kedekut to borrow me his stock black plastic bov

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
ahha..ur fren speedz...but his pics is nex to ur car oni jin..i bet his ur best fren but kedekut type..ahhaa..joking only speedz..jus having sum pressure release here..me oso got prob always..and i mean reli always..my aircon sucks big time man...not cooling coil rosak den compressor or mebi leaking..sigh..fcuk man..i duno wen oni can solve this fcuking prob once and for all

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
Originally posted by vestax@Jan 31 2005, 11:44
standard bov leaks out pressure at idle , thats why you have to use the return hose to your airfilter . so by not using the return hose , it will leak .
vest i thought usually standard bov somehow have to use the return hose, cus usually aftermarket one no need..oni those standard black plastic thingy..cus it will be installed to the area wher we usually uses battery to cover the hole..ehehe..

vest i always got aircon prob le..why my cooling coil always keen to leak one? anythin i can do to avoid from leaking or bocor? i off my aircon wen i wana rev higher, den ill let engine cooldown b4 on the aricon again..i did alot of precautious way to avoid but stil happens to me..now my car running without cooling coil..it is in Hinly rite now..ehhee..

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Originally posted by vestax@Jan 31 2005, 11:44
standard bov leaks out pressure at idle , thats why you have to use the return hose to your airfilter . so by not using the return hose , it will leak .
ops , looks like i was too smart to do that experiment..
ok taken into note
will check with another bov and see..
cos the thing is that when boost reach 0.5 then only it will machine gun :)

GSR5559 saje kacau speedz la :P

anyway thanks guys :D
want to explore the car sikit ..
openening the air filter to see the hoses down and taking out bumper also ..
:D

P/S : the sound of BOV to atmo is dam chun.. Swoooooooooshh

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Originally posted by GSR5559+Jan 31 2005, 11:50 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GSR5559 @ Jan 31 2005, 11:50 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vestax@Jan 31 2005, 11:44
vest i thought usually standard bov somehow have to use the return hose, cus usually aftermarket one no need..oni those standard black plastic thingy..cus it will be installed to the area wher we usually uses battery to cover the hole..ehehe..

vest i always got aircon prob le..why my cooling coil always keen to leak one? anythin i can do to avoid from leaking or bocor? i off my aircon wen i wana rev higher, den ill let engine cooldown b4 on the aricon again..i did alot of precautious way to avoid but stil happens to me..now my car running without cooling coil..it is in Hinly rite now..ehhee.. [/b][/quote]
all cars also got prob :)
nvm la we bersabar sikit la hehe..

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Originally posted by GSR5559@Jan 31 2005, 11:46
ahha..ur fren speedz...but his pics is nex to ur car oni jin..i bet his ur best fren but kedekut type..ahhaa..joking only speedz..jus having sum pressure release here..me oso got prob always..and i mean reli always..my aircon sucks big time man...not cooling coil rosak den compressor or mebi leaking..sigh..fcuk man..i duno wen oni can solve this fcuking prob once and for all
yo bro , whats up long time no see , anyway ur cooling coil giving problems izzit ?. anyway i got a spare cooling coil taken out from a satria which was using a mirage turbo dashboard , if you want it , you can have it for only 10 bucks , then maybe ask hinly to mod the outlet & inlet for you . or maybe what you should do is get a satria cooling coil & then ask them to mod for you la . i bet it won't be a problem , cause last time the malay guy mod my hose for me by sending the hose to sungai besi to weld .

speedz1665

500 RPM
Aug 3, 2004
eh hantu...u got ask for my stock BOV or not...bloody hell...(*&*#!@#^$*&#@..mau kena ni...stay in melaka how u wanna take ah...in jin manyak jahatler...i think ur engine prob becoz u go dig here dig there ler..itchified.....or u neveer feed the jin u keep under ur hood for months so the fella mengamuk...thats y i sa yearlier change turbine, up boost all dun wanna listen..now the fella mengamuk see....

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
berani lu..
i asked for your stock bov la cant remember ah
" I remember what you did last summer"
wuish what jin under my hood
only thing under my hood is lu punya fingers la .. hehehehe

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i experienced this problem before. found out a pipe connecting intercooler piping to the blow off valve koyak already. replaced it, trouble solved.

p/s my engine puny kuchi rat 1.6 only ler, nothing compared to your E3...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
aiyo bai dont say kuchi rat all la
e3 with problems , kancil also more powerfull hehe
long time no see also :)
ok i will check on that hose also ..

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
aiyak saw one house loose ..
ikat properly already
now im getting 1 gear 0 boost
2 nd gear and 3rd red line oso 0.5 boost
4th gear hitting 0.5
5th 0.6
1gear 0 boost.. erm how come..

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
check all ur ic hoses, air intake hoses and every HOSES in ur engine bay...hehehe last time mine got problem in boosting also...and i find out that it is the hose to the BOV is leaking...kekeke ..and u know what...the hole is only a pin size hole.... change all to silicon hoses..problem solved...now fuel pump got problem..kekeke....hope that it will solved before CNY.... :P

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
wah .. pin hole size.. wuish..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have installed my E34 1994 525 with Titan Coilover and buying a E39. Can I swapped the Titans......................with modification of course. Can Richard accomodate to this request? :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience