koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
thread here
http://www.spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36160

images here

This is the team. A couple of young guys and a couple of old veterans who are good friends of the shop and who were invaluable in figuring out the procedures and requirements. We couldn't have done it without them.
200mph video:
YouTube - Bonneville Salt Flats 2009 - 200mph MWR TurboCelica GTS
Already we were very pleased with how things were going. Some people show up and don't get to run at all because of the insane amount of safety equipment and little technical details. Some people show up with a car that won't run strong or straight or safe. Our car was out there making run after run without drama.
Our next run was unfortunately our last. The engine took off ok and the car was running great but partway through the run the engine started making a bit of noise. I shut it down as a precaution. This car has a very unique engine mount setup and because of that we were unable to run a Moroso pan. Clearance issues to frame, belly pan, etc. The long hard deceleration with the parachute deployed is like nothing I've ever experienced in a race car and is evidently more than the stock oil pan can handle. I believe we starved the engine briefly of oil while slowing from 200mph on the previous run. Bummer.
Overall a great trip. The car is solid and smooth and drives great. The tiny engine made great power and held together just fine at full throttle despite spending miles at a time well over 9000rpm. We didn't get any official times over 200mph but I'll just say the car proved itself very comfortable up in that range. Running the numbers it appears that the car is capable of around 235mph at high boost.
I've now purchased a set of 300mph tires and am working on getting even more power out of that tiny engine. Not sure if we'll make it back to Bonneville this year but we're also considering Maxton which is a 1-mile drag race in North Carolina. The car would do great at either event. We're psyched.

Last edited:

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
Great!! :driver: nice engine built....

Nats autoparts

Known Member
Oct 18, 2007
wow.... de-stroke from 1.8liter to 1.5liter
and yet still making good hp figure.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have a 12 yr oild 4g92 proton stock 1.6, if i fit in a turbo will it destroy the engine faster than a new engine with addin turbo?

If so, how long will it be destroy?

Anyone will be fine, juz give me opinion...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience